• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Gambit Prime PSA: Kill Invader first before killing 3rd envoy

User Info: nufrancis

nufrancis
4 weeks ago#1
Just a kind reminder for everyone here that I believe most of you already know about this strategy.

Its frustating playing with people that still have any clue about this. Killed 3rd envoy, doing little damage to Primeval, killed by invaders, Primeval healed, back to zero. I lost 3 games last night with same scenario
PSN: raulshcalke07

User Info: SgtSkittlesZZ99

SgtSkittlesZZ99
4 weeks ago#2
Yes

User Info: Sloth9230

Sloth9230
4 weeks ago#3
Deposit after the other team, unless they have enough to summon an invader.
A Valiant Vain Villain

User Info: TomTomB

TomTomB
4 weeks ago#4
In my opinion, this is the Yang to the Ying in regular Gambit where you can be sure that you are the ONLY one who goes after the envojys while the rest thinks they do enough damage to the boss. -.-

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
4 weeks ago#5
Sloth9230 posted...
Deposit after the other team, unless they have enough to summon an invader.

Wish more people did this

if they don't, just gotta be ready to kill those initial blockers so your motes aren't wasted
LAL - PSN: Deuce-Cuatro
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win the SUPER BOWL - 1/13/19

User Info: Sephiroth0327

Sephiroth0327
4 weeks ago#6
If it's the 1st damage phase, it's far better to rush killing the Envoy and ignore the invader. It's not possible to kill the boss on the 1st phase as he goes immune at a certain %. You want to speed up getting to the NEXT damage phase and you can get it 20-30 seconds sooner if you rush killing the 3rd envoy. If you're playing with randoms, it's a good idea to do this on the 2nd DPS phase also since only coordinated groups typically can melt the boss on the 2nd phase.
PSN: Sephiroth0327

User Info: advancewarsnut

advancewarsnut
4 weeks ago#7
If you're playing with randoms, your best bet is actually to just keep killing envoys as quickly as possible until you either get an invader-free burn phase with 3 or more stacks, or hit 5 stacks. Also, especially if you're going up against a premade team, don't invade during Primeval phase unless you have to.

One of my team's most embarrassing losses was when we were up by like 80 motes going into Primeval phase against a full team of solos, then we wound up losing because our caller absolutely insisted we wait for an invader on our second set of envoys. tl;dr: They never invaded, we sat there like morons while the other team caught up, stacked slayer stacks, and burned the boss faster than us when the caller finally decided "y'know, maybe we should kill the boss".

Let's just say that I'm our caller now and so far, we have a 100% winrate on games where we summon with a lead of 50 motes or more. We also got that Triumph where you come back and win after being more than 75 motes down when the enemy summons, though that one was more due to our invader wiping the enemy team 6 or 7 times than me making good calls.
"hi 911 i like to report a trolling pls help" "ok where did the trolling occur"
"on gamefaqs sir" *click* *dial tone*

User Info: buulan

buulan
4 weeks ago#8
Sephiroth0327 posted...
If it's the 1st damage phase, it's far better to rush killing the Envoy and ignore the invader. It's not possible to kill the boss on the 1st phase as he goes immune at a certain %. You want to speed up getting to the NEXT damage phase and you can get it 20-30 seconds sooner if you rush killing the 3rd envoy. If you're playing with randoms, it's a good idea to do this on the 2nd DPS phase also since only coordinated groups typically can melt the boss on the 2nd phase.

This guys knows it!
Psn: buulan

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
4 weeks ago#9
Definitely some good tips in here to help boost your team while playing solo

side note, I LOVE the new Gambit matchmaking. I have fun playing solo and now if you match against a 4-stack while solo, they SUCK.

I think Bungie has it's own in-house skill rating. Let's say you start at 1200 and go up or down based on performance and (mostly) winning.

Your team is all solo and they have an average skill of 1400. You match a team of 4. The new matchmaking adds points to their average skill simply for being in a pre-made group. So they may all have an actual skill rating of 1200, but had 200 points added for grouping.

A sad side-effect, if you group with people, they better carry their weight. Because the solo players you play will be beasts lol

anyway, it's far better for me to just solo matchmake now
LAL - PSN: Deuce-Cuatro
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win the SUPER BOWL - 1/13/19

User Info: Blaze22b

Blaze22b
4 weeks ago#10
But what if the 3rd envoy is dead then they invade.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Gambit Prime PSA: Kill Invader first before killing 3rd envoy
  • Topic Archived