• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. This is how I predict the timeline of Destiny 2 currently and forward:

User Info: Cosmickadet

Cosmickadet
1 month ago#1
FORSAKEN
Released September 2018

Annual Pass
Black Armoury
December 2018

Joker's Wild
March 2019

Penumbra
June 2019

DREADNAUGHT DLC
September 2019

December to June 2019-2020
Annual Pass

September 2020
Destiny 3

This will include 3 other annual pass content for 2019 and 2020 and each of them will be the size of Black Armoury.

For those who wonder how I came to the conclusion that 2019 will have a Dreadnaught type of DLC is bcuz of the ending cutscene of Vanilla D2 where the Travelers Light touched the location of each DLCs. First one being Mercury, 2nd being Mars, 3rd being Reef and 4th being Saturn/Dreadnaught.

Since Oryx took Riven and Savathun was the mastermind behind the corruption in the Dreaming City, I think the Guardians will have to take on Savathun herself and invade the Dreadnaught whom Savathun took over shortly after Oryx was killed. This is how I predict it.

Destiny 3 will start on Playstation 5 and will have new worlds to explore and new variety of gameplay/classes etc we've never seen before. I also think Destiny 3 will be the last Destiny game.
Currently play: Destiny 2, Monster Hunter World and Rainbow Six Siege

Cosmickadet
1 month ago#2
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=G97K6nARQSg

this is from the game itself and it shows clearly the location of the DLCs.

Black Armoury, Jokers Wild and Penumbra are not listed among those locations because those were probably planned later and they're not real DLCs but annual pass expansion thingie things whatever.

But after the major expansion Reef Forsaken we can see it goes to Dreadnaught Saturn. So I think we got another TTK/Forsaken size DLC coming in September 2019.

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
1 month ago#3
Highly doubt they do another annual pass
---

Cosmickadet
1 month ago#4
XxZiomaxX posted...

possible. But even if the rumoured TTK size DLC of september 2019 is big and fun, wouldn't it dry out quickly for the remaining 2019 and first half of 2020?

I think only another annual pass can keep it alive for a short bit.

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
1 month ago#5
Cosmickadet posted...
XxZiomaxX posted...

possible. But even if the rumoured TTK size DLC of september 2019 is big and fun, wouldn't it dry out quickly for the remaining 2019 and first half of 2020?

I think only another annual pass can keep it alive for a short bit.

Having their 2nd iteration dry out wouldn't be the worst thing when they have a 3rd in development though

I think a free Age of Triumph-like season that brings all content up to the D2 max is more likely.
---

User Info: rajin_donuts

rajin_donuts
1 month ago#6
Not sure I'm interested in going back to the dreadnaught. Kinda been there and done that already.

User Info: voice_of_enigma

voice_of_enigma
1 month ago#7
rajin_donuts posted...
Not sure I'm interested in going back to the dreadnaught. Kinda been there and done that already.

Ya. But. There are like so many sections of tunnels and rooms and s*** that hasn’t even been explored yet, yo!
XBL - Voice of Enigma
PSN - Voice_of_Enigma2 - MCMXC a.D.

User Info: rajin_donuts

rajin_donuts
1 month ago#8
voice_of_enigma posted...
rajin_donuts posted...

Ya. But. There are like so many sections of tunnels and rooms and s*** that hasn’t even been explored yet, yo!

Ha!! If it was a free patch for everyone, that would be different, but I won't pay money to reminisce about my favorite wormspore locations.

User Info: voice_of_enigma

voice_of_enigma
1 month ago#9
rajin_donuts posted...
voice_of_enigma posted...
rajin_donuts posted...

Ha!! If it was a free patch for everyone, that would be different, but I won't pay money to reminisce about my favorite wormspore locations.

Lmgdao!
XBL - Voice of Enigma
PSN - Voice_of_Enigma2 - MCMXC a.D.

User Info: Judge-returned

Judge-returned
1 month ago#10
I’d be down to go to the Dreadnought but i think at that point they might as well just bring all of D1 along with it lmao.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. This is how I predict the timeline of Destiny 2 currently and forward:
  • Topic Archived