• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. If you like the lore, then read the Thorn lore book NOW (MAJOR SPOILERS!!!)

User Info: Metroid82

Metroid82
1 month ago#1
http://www.ishtar-collective.net/entries/a-matter-of-trust-2

I read this last week and was floored with how it ended. Major spoilers regarding Shin Malphur and the Dredgens
In 1776 the King tried to stop Christmas b/c he had been put on the naughty list. Washington, Jefferson, Franklin went on an adventure to save Santa. -Nautdead

User Info: Sloth9230

Sloth9230
1 month ago#2
I don’t get it.
A Valiant Vain Villain

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
1 month ago#3
Metroid82 posted...

I read this last week and was floored with how it ended. Major spoilers regarding Shin Malphur and the Dredgens

Interesting but im not sure I fully understand it, Are we assuming this is Shin writing to our guardian?
PSN: Finn_H93

Metroid82
1 month ago#4
That's just the first entry. Hit the ---> at the bottom to keep reading.

Yes, the "S." at the bottom is the way Shin ends his entries. It was the same for the Last Word quest entries.

This part from the first entry of the lore book sets the overall purpose of the book:
The trust we share is built on unstable ground. Our connection born of your knowledge of a legend that paints me in a light you have no way of fully understanding, and my observations of your many valiant deeds coloring you in a light few can ignore, be they friend or foe.

It is time, now, we prove our trust is not misplaced. It is time to test your resolve and see if you truly have the strength to balance the gray between absolutes.

Are you ready?
In 1776 the King tried to stop Christmas b/c he had been put on the naughty list. Washington, Jefferson, Franklin went on an adventure to save Santa. -Nautdead

Metroid82
1 month ago#5
Here's part of second entry that shows the direction it's heading.
Did the fact I began as a victim color your perception of me? Is my path—my cause—more righteous because I was owed justice and vengeance?

For the longest time I thought so. But then—and here is where the truth of it all begins to gain focus—

What if the villain of the story believed so? What if the villain tore apart my life, and countless others', as a terrible means to an end? What if I was lost, and he offered guidance by gifting me vengeance?

What if I told you…

He was right to do so.

—S.

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
1 month ago#6
Metroid82 posted...

So if I am understanding this correctly

Shin is also a Dredgen and isn't about 100% light all the time but understands that darkness has its place and is only hunting the people who go too far towards the darkness

Is he saying at the end that the true heroes of the upcoming fight will have to be able to balance light and dark?
PSN: Finn_H93

Metroid82
1 month ago#7
^Spoilers...but yes. I thought that was a pretty big twist. Reminded me of Memento.

User Info: PrinceOfHot

PrinceOfHot
1 month ago#8
Who?
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho

User Info: nufrancis

nufrancis
1 month ago#9
hmmm... so after killing Yor, Shin also study the dark path and become Dredgen himself?
PSN: raulshcalke07

User Info: nufrancis

nufrancis
1 month ago#10
https://www.destinypedia.com/Dredgen_Vale

This explain more clearly.
But I still dont understand Shin... so he created copy of Thorn, created Shadow of Yor, Inviting guardian interested in the power of darkness and killed them after they embraced the darkness.... @______@

Is he crazy?

Maybe Shin is the corrupt one. Time to hunt Shin
PSN: raulshcalke07
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. If you like the lore, then read the Thorn lore book NOW (MAJOR SPOILERS!!!)
  • Topic Archived