• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. So is Forsaken going to be the last/most important expansion for Destiny 2?

User Info: duality48

duality48
4 weeks ago#1
Right now it's half off on PSN for only $19.99. I already own the 1st and 2nd expansions, Curse of Osiris and Warmind. Despite the Annual Pass (Which, if I'm not mistaken, is not another huge expansion but rather just smaller DLC updates?) is Forsaken going to be the last huge expansion for Destiny 2?

Just wondering, seeing as I don't want to blow $20 on Forsaken at this point in the games life cycle if another expansion is planned which might include Forsaken. Plus, I already own Anthem digitally. While yes, I agree that they are separate games, I only have the time to focus on one Multiplayer online shooter.

How important is Forsaken to the overall experience? If I buy it, will I now have a complete game? Otherwise, it might feel incomplete without it, right? Is it worth it? The level 30 character boost might help me out because I've only logged in a couple hours so far.

What do ya'll think?

User Info: iConfessor

iConfessor
4 weeks ago#2
If you dont even have forsaken yet i doubt youd get the annual pass, which would keep you up with the latest content drops, so i wouldnt even bother buying it. Its fun but i personally wouldnt bother in your shoes. (Especially since youre hopelessly clinging to that dumpster fire Anthem still)

User Info: duality48

duality48
4 weeks ago#3
How is it compared to Warmind and Curse of Osiris? Is it just the 3rd expansion, so since I have the other two I would only be missing 1/3 of the overall content?

Or could it be considered it's own thing? Almost like Destiny 2.5. Just a really big, almost essential expansion to the base Destiny 2 experience?

After putting much thought into it, I don't think I'm going to buy it. I already have the other 2, Curse of Osiris and Warmind, just from my Destiny 2 PS4 Pro bundle that came with the game. That might be enough for me, seeing as I have so many other games to focus on already.

I'm still surprised they offered this game as a free PS Plus game to begin with. This is one of Sony's biggest franchises. I'm still debating with myself rather to use the PS Plus free application or the actual physical disc copy of Destiny 2 that I own. Is there any difference between the two? Will my save data be lost from one to the other? A funny little tid bit, the application says Destiny 2: Forsaken, even though I don't actually own the expansion. Which almost makes it look like it's own game in and of itself, building off what I already said above.

User Info: mooninomics

mooninomics
4 weeks ago#4
Forsaken is a big addition to the base game. It easily has as much content as both Curse of Osiris and Warmind combined. If you're planning on playing Destiny 2, you'd be doing yourself a disservice by not getting Forsaken. However, if you're not that into the game you might not miss it.
Not changing this sig until I think of a better sig. Started 1/24/19.

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
4 weeks ago#5
Forsaken was the single biggest expansion in Destiny history. It dwarfs The Taken King in comparison.

So no, its nothing like CoO or Warmind. Its actually good.
Women find nothing sexier than a man with a 9 to 5 job!
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: IgOr2099

IgOr2099
4 weeks ago#6
I agree with most here. It changed the game. By comparison its more like a destiny 2 vanilla than just another expansion. It is similar to Taken king as that expansion for D1 changed the entire game and how it was played, but this is much bigger and has more ramifications on the overall story.

IMO, playing destiny 2 without Forsaken is playing half a game. I don't like how Destiny does its add-on content. They did the same thing in 1. My clan and I used to joke that when the Taken King came out we didn't get destiny 1.8, we got Destiny 1. everything before was just destiny vanilla .3, crota .5, wolves .8. This feels similar almost. Destiny 2 vanilla, osirus, warmind all feel like it should have been the full first game, and Forsaken should've been the first real DLC.
I'd rather be a Smart-ass than a Dumb-ass

User Info: PrinceOfHot

PrinceOfHot
4 weeks ago#7
We are getting one last big one in the Fall. After that??? Destiny 3 maybe...or a new Bungie IP that succeeds destiny.
PSN- SuperMarioPsycho

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
4 weeks ago#8
Buy Forsaken. Don't miss out. Easily worth $20.
---

User Info: AssassinZeroOne

AssassinZeroOne
4 weeks ago#9
PrinceOfHot posted...
We are getting one last big one in the Fall. After that??? Destiny 3 maybe...or a new Bungie IP that succeeds destiny.

Who said that we are? The rumours I heard is that there will be another annual pass after the end of the next season.

Pretty sure Bungie are concentrating on D3, they also no longer have support from Activision so a Forsaken size expansion seems very unlikely to me.

Either way I'm pretty sure Bungie haven't said anything about the future of this game yet.

User Info: tadashii18

tadashii18
4 weeks ago#10
terrysmay04 posted...
Forsaken was the single biggest expansion in Destiny history. It dwarfs The Taken King in comparison.

So no, its nothing like CoO or Warmind. Its actually good.

At least they didn't nerf our shiny new supers in TTK...
"Knowing you're welcome, now matter how much has changed, is what having a home is all about."
GT/PSN: cxvAnimosity
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. So is Forsaken going to be the last/most important expansion for Destiny 2?
  • Topic Archived