You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. And so it begins...(PVP nerfs)

User Info: Noisette

Noisette
4 weeks ago#11
timber_jack posted...
Never nerf, always buff.

How is it unfair when those guns are available to everyone in the game? If people think its OP they should get them and join the “OP” pvpers.

Buffing every gun isn't always the answer it is a mixture of both to balance a game. There's a certain line that they think each archetype should be at and if something is above where its supposed to be it should be nerfed, below should be buffed.

But anyway I agree LH/NF shouldn't be nerfed it takes skill to use said gun and it isn't as easy to use as a lot make it sound, go of players won't leave themselves open long enough to proc Howl most of the time. If anything I believe Redrix should be buffed, and the Gambit pinnacle weapons should be made slightly better in PvP as Gambit is a mixture of both.

The Vanguard weapons need to be buffed as well because they aren't even top tier in PvE which they should be.

User Info: Sephiroth0327

Sephiroth0327
4 weeks ago#12
timber_jack posted...
Never nerf, always buff.

How is it unfair when those guns are available to everyone in the game? If people think its OP they should get them and join the “OP” pvpers.

This is one of those things that people say without actually thinking it through. Sure everyone loves when things are buffed but this approach doesn't work in some situations:

Example: When Jotunn first was released, many were calling for a nerf because it was a OHKO from a decent range. Previously, you had to be pretty close with things like Shotgun and Fusion.

If Bungie were to agree an adjustment would be needed, the correct change would be to nerf Jotunn directly (I'm not saying I think Jotunn is a problem here btw...just using as an example. It's fairly easy to avoid/counter). If Bungie listened to your mindset, I guess you would want them to buff all other Energy Weapons to OHKO at range....umm...?

See it doesn't work - sure it sounds nice to say to buff everything but it doesn't work in practice in some situations.
PSN: Sephiroth0327
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: LacedaemonX

LacedaemonX
4 weeks ago#13
TheRicFactor posted...
I disagree. NF and Luna's should be nerfed where a kill should proc the perk, just like you know every other gun in the game.

I was of the opinion they didn’t need to be nerfed, but if they were to be, this really isn’t such a bad idea

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
4 weeks ago#14
Raniok posted...
That thread is full of so many scrubs it is insane. As @nufrancis said, procing Mag Howl isn't easy and most of the time the Luna/NF user DOESN'T HAVE IT ACTIVE as this is legit a low skill player believeing themselves to be better than they are.

Just LOL, if Bungie ever nerfed them for this scrub mentality, then they would be giving a big f*** you to those that have earned it.

I hate when they say, "Oh I've earned it and know it is oped" like are you f***ing kidding me? They sound like parrots, s***ty parrots.

All this. The number of kills Howl gets me in a game is generally less than 5. If I kill you with it it probably means I would have killed you regardless.
Women find nothing sexier than a man with a 9 to 5 job!
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

terrysmay04
4 weeks ago#15
Also lol.

that topic has 100 upvotes. Its isn't going anywhere, isn't getting any traction, and isn't even worth talking about.
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: AYU_fever

AYU_fever
4 weeks ago#16
i SUCK in pvp.
i dont have luna/NF and i dont care to ever try for it because i dont enjoy pvp, and i can tell you luna/NF is not OP.
i dont care if i get wrecked by a 6 stack of luna/dust rock spectral blade hunters because im just there to knock out the pvp milestone or to do a quest step.

to those that do “care” about pvp:
anyone can get luna. it is available to all.
set a goal.
grind it out.
when you finally get the item, the real reward is the satisfaction of DOING IT.

the issue is all these entitled millenials/children who just want everything handed to them for free, and if they arent good enough to get it on their own they want to ruin the fun of everyone else who earned it and get it nerfed.
elder scrolls online:
nord templar tank (main), orc sorcerer tank, wood elf warden stam healer, high elf nightblade healer, dark elf dragonknight healer

User Info: ecureuil

ecureuil
4 weeks ago#17
They’re ruining PvP and it’s a problem. This isn’t me being salty, idgaf to be honest, but from a game design standpoint they’re a problem, absolutely. I’m just calling this from a neutral standpoint.

A good PvP experience should be a skill curve where lesser players can progress and still have fun on the bottom rungs of the ladder. The problem now is that pvp is full of the OP pinnacle guns and they’re stomping over everyone who doesn’t have them. The top bracket of players have the best guns, which causes huge imbalance. So you got Luna’s and NF and you want to be able to go in to QP and stomp over everyone, you earned it right? Right. But it’s a case of the rich getting richer. This is toxic to a PvP environment where every player should be as equal as possible and skill alone can be the deciding factor.

The ultimate outcome of such game design is that worse players just stop playing. They don’t “git gud”, that is not reality. Then the playerbase fractures and dwindles, more players drop out because it’s not fun to get s*** on in every game. There aren’t enough players now to matchmake enjoyable games for bad players. But understand this: you need bad players to keep your game afloat. Most players aren’t good. D2 pvp is in a death spiral already, the core design of the game isn’t conducive to an enjoyable pvp experience for the type of player that keeps pvp in a healthy state. My suggestion is to introduce a fixed loadout game type alongside standard modes so that pvp players can still get their rocks off smashing crap players but at least there’s a level playing field to foster a healthy pvp environment. The barrier to entry in PvP is absolutely insane at this point so they need to address it.

terrysmay04
4 weeks ago#18
ecureuil posted...
They’re ruining PvP and it’s a problem. This isn’t me being salty, idgaf to be honest, but from a game design standpoint they’re a problem, absolutely. I’m just calling this from a neutral standpoint.

A good PvP experience should be a skill curve where lesser players can progress and still have fun on the bottom rungs of the ladder. The problem now is that pvp is full of the OP pinnacle guns and they’re stomping over everyone who doesn’t have them. The top bracket of players have the best guns, which causes huge imbalance. So you got Luna’s and NF and you want to be able to go in to QP and stomp over everyone, you earned it right? Right. But it’s a case of the rich getting richer. This is toxic to a PvP environment where every player should be as equal as possible and skill alone can be the deciding factor.

The ultimate outcome of such game design is that worse players just stop playing. They don’t “git gud”, that is not reality. Then the playerbase fractures and dwindles, more players drop out because it’s not fun to get s*** on in every game. There aren’t enough players now to matchmake enjoyable games for bad players. But understand this: you need bad players to keep your game afloat. Most players aren’t good. D2 pvp is in a death spiral already, the core design of the game isn’t conducive to an enjoyable pvp experience for the type of player that keeps pvp in a healthy state. My suggestion is to introduce a fixed loadout game type alongside standard modes so that pvp players can still get their rocks off smashing crap players but at least there’s a level playing field to foster a healthy pvp environment. The barrier to entry in PvP is absolutely insane at this point so they need to address it.

So your suggestion is to f*** PvP players out of any special rewards? Just completely remove any reason for them to play the game?

Why not just remove PvP as a whole? Cause those bad players are still gonna feel bad about getting stomped regardless if there are good guns or not.

Hell, might just want to remove PvE too, cause some people are bad at that and at times will get hate mail about how much they suck. Would be safer to just remove any chance of that happening. We wouldn't hear any more stories about the toxic player base and how badly someone's LFG experience went.

There. Much better right?

Some of you are so ignorant it makes me angry
psn Dubious_Hyjinx
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: Noisette

Noisette
4 weeks ago#19
terrysmay04 posted...
ecureuil posted...

So your suggestion is to f*** PvP players out of any special rewards? Just completely remove any reason for them to play the game?

Why not just remove PvP as a whole? Cause those bad players are still gonna feel bad about getting stomped regardless if there are good guns or not.

Hell, might just want to remove PvE too, cause some people are bad at that and at times will get hate mail about how much they suck. Would be safer to just remove any chance of that happening. We wouldn't hear any more stories about the toxic player base and how badly someone's LFG experience went.

There. Much better right?

Some of you are so ignorant it makes me angry

Another solution to what he's complaining about is to never reset ranks that way people with Pinnacle Crucible weapons will never match against someone who hasn't reached 2100 ever.

But I don't care about it really, I don't have a problem with anything but Bows not being too great. I want my pinnacle Bow in the energy slot please, or a power slot bow that can 1hit guardians.

User Info: rajin_donuts

rajin_donuts
4 weeks ago#20
I imagine it will eventually get nerfed. Everything seems to eventually get nerfed in this game.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. And so it begins...(PVP nerfs)