You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. And so it begins...(PVP nerfs)

User Info: Mochzuki

Mochzuki
1 month ago#1
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/b2o3xd/pvp_elitism_is_preventing_guns_from_being_balanced/

Redditors is calling for Luna/NF to be nerfed. Even though I lack both guns I disagree because to nerf them would be a slap in the face to any and everyone that poured HOURS of grinding to get those guns. The thing is those guns are SKILL based and have a weakness(A god roll Trust with Explosive rounds can flnch the hell outt of them) and a god rolled Service Revolver can actually outdo Luna's.

This community needs to learn to ADAPT instead of relying on Bungie to nerf everything. Wormhusk crown was an issue but if it hadn't of been nerfed it might have been balanced when OG OEM was introduced. I think certain exotics should be broken(to a degree) supers should either all be competitive as Spectral blades or brought down to Nova Warp and people should just realize that PVP is PVP. I don't even understand why people want stuff nerfed but a Titan can one hit you via having a position advantage on the map. Destiny's PVP will never be truly balanced and we already got rid of that. So I don't understand why we say we want balance but when we had balance we wanted it gone.

But I just wanted to enlighten everyone that if the vocal minority QQs hard enough the meta will get nerfed and shift as it always doees.
PSN: Atsuki12345 , Warlock Max Power 649.6, Hunter Max Power 638.6, Titan Max Power 644.5
Light Level updated as of 12/20/2018

User Info: MWXIII

MWXIII
1 month ago#2
Your post became worthless when you said you dont have them.

Use Luna and then talk
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
PSN - MWXIII NSW- 772023730916 Steam - TyrXIII/Tyr Above All B.Net - MWXIII

User Info: TheRicFactor

TheRicFactor
1 month ago#3
I disagree. NF and Luna's should be nerfed where a kill should proc the perk, just like you know every other gun in the game.
PSN/XBL: TheRicFactor

User Info: nufrancis

nufrancis
1 month ago#4
I used to think that Luna is OP, but I change my mind after I obtained it. Its not easy to proc Mag Howl. Maybe vs low skill players its easy but dont hope its easy in high level play.

I think its the 180 rpm that makes it good. The arcetype is very easy to use. Recoil control easy, TTK is competitive, accurate in air, recoil animation is minimum, range is versatile. Thats why some people said God Roll Trust and Service Revolver can compete with Luna because they are 180 rpm plus can outgun Luna user, Flinch them resulting in Mag Howl failed to proc. Its a worse 180 rpm if we failed to proc Mag Howl.

The funny thing is I rarely use Luna after I obtained it... lol

I just got burnout of Crucible because of comp grind. Now I play Crucible just for the Powerful Engram, no more. I will start grinding Recluse next month.
PSN: raulshcalke07

User Info: Cosmickadet

Cosmickadet
1 month ago#5
f***ing scrubs are crying about everything. Just git gud and stop complaining.

Sometimes it's not the weapon that needs a nerf, it's your skill that needs a buff.

I have Luna's Howl, Mountain Top and Recluse. Do I think they're broken? Nope. Luna's Howl is weak against long range distance weapons. Mountain Top is unreliable in my opinion. Recluse feels like a SMG with Rampage perk on it.
Currently play: Destiny 2, Monster Hunter World and Rainbow Six Siege

User Info: funbot

funbot
1 month ago#6
Don't nerf anything. I want to melt people with Luna as much as the next guy who doesn't have it, but I hate being forced into using weapon types I don't normally use just to get a pinnacle weapon I'm not going to use, because I'm not a HC user. Give me a good scout or pulse over some broken handcannon.

If anything Bungie needs to make more exotic quests that aren't HC centric or at least has a crucible requirement alongside some other uber-grindy pve requirement so I can at least add a gun to my collection and forget about it.

I'm gonna go grind for Oxygen SR now.
PSN:defTommo

User Info: Mochzuki

Mochzuki
1 month ago#7
nufrancis posted...
I used to think that Luna is OP, but I change my mind after I obtained it. Its not easy to proc Mag Howl. Maybe vs low skill players its easy but dont hope its easy in high level play.

I think its the 180 rpm that makes it good. The arcetype is very easy to use. Recoil control easy, TTK is competitive, accurate in air, recoil animation is minimum, range is versatile. Thats why some people said God Roll Trust and Service Revolver can compete with Luna because they are 180 rpm plus can outgun Luna user, Flinch them resulting in Mag Howl failed to proc. Its a worse 180 rpm if we failed to proc Mag Howl.

The funny thing is I rarely use Luna after I obtained it... lol

I just got burnout of Crucible because of comp grind. Now I play Crucible just for the Powerful Engram, no more. I will start grinding Recluse next month.

All of that is why other Rpms need to be more competitive. I see Pinnacle guns as a guaranteed god roll. A god roll you can grind towards plus the guns are made for PVP. That's why they are so good for PVP. Nerfing them would be stupid and if you think nerfing is the solution then you are part of the community I hate because pretty much everything that got ruined was ruined because it got nerfed. I honestly do not take Destiny's PVP serious at all (since Titans have a broken OHK melee and the idea of supers in general) so I don't care of the logic of "If it's OP it's not fun to lose to it." Plus everybody loves mayhem and mayhem literally throws balance out the window so I honestly can't take nobodies opinion serious when they want something "broken" nerfed then turn around and say they want mayhem active all the time.
PSN: Atsuki12345 , Warlock Max Power 649.6, Hunter Max Power 638.6, Titan Max Power 644.5
Light Level updated as of 12/20/2018

User Info: Raniok

Raniok
1 month ago#8
That thread is full of so many scrubs it is insane. As @nufrancis said, procing Mag Howl isn't easy and most of the time the Luna/NF user DOESN'T HAVE IT ACTIVE as this is legit a low skill player believeing themselves to be better than they are.

Just LOL, if Bungie ever nerfed them for this scrub mentality, then they would be giving a big f*** you to those that have earned it.

I hate when they say, "Oh I've earned it and know it is oped" like are you f***ing kidding me? They sound like parrots, s***ty parrots.
*smokebomb

User Info: AnthonyBrock2

AnthonyBrock2
1 month ago#9
Eh, this game is going down the s***ter again ever since Bungie got their player base back.

Now it's back to nerfs, not fixing things for months, and telling everyone "We're listening" while never taking anything truly to heart unless it concerns PVP nerfs because some whine baby ass players, streamers, and youtubers won't shut the f*** up.

But fanboys will still defend their s***ty decisions though. There are people still praising Bungie for nerfing the Ikelos Shotgun.
"Back in my day" means today is not your day and tomorrow is a long shot.

User Info: timber_jack

timber_jack
1 month ago#10
Never nerf, always buff.

How is it unfair when those guns are available to everyone in the game? If people think its OP they should get them and join the “OP” pvpers.
ASRock Z77 Extreme4;GeForce GTX 970 ; Intel(R) Core(TM) i5-3570CPU @ 3.40GHz
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. And so it begins...(PVP nerfs)