• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Jotünn drop and Bergusia drops in General

User Info: TomTomB

TomTomB
2 months ago#1
After playing Bergusia Forge for the 15th time without getting Jotünn, I wonder if there is something I am missing. Is there any special requirement? I thought, getting Jotünn is the same as Le Monarque where you just have to finish the Forge to get it. I didn't play Gofannon that often, maybe 10 times in total and I got four of the Le Monarque bows lol. With Jotünn, it seems to be different.....

Also, in the last three weeks I had powerful frames which I finished in Bergusia (even both steps, the last one before the "collect seeds"-one and the collect seeds step to be on the safe side) but so far, no curated roll. Is there more to it or is this just a low drop chance too?

User Info: Berating

Berating
2 months ago#2
you have to have a powerful frame on you, only requirement. so that's six shots per week if you have three characters

it's a fairly common drop, but my dumb ass did it like 14 times before i actually got it
"...and until you've seen a blind kid trying to hide from dragons in an open field, you haven't seen anything..."

TomTomB
2 months ago#3
So for Jotünn, you need a powerful frame too? I wasn't sure if that's only needed for curated rolls or also for the Exotic weapon. Ok, then so it's 6:0 against me. Gotta keep on trying. I know, the day I get it will be the day where I see a Bungie announcement to nerf it to the ground lol.

User Info: mirac13

mirac13
2 months ago#4
I've gotten jotunn 3 times in the past 2 weeks. What I can't get is a stupid curated roll with the shader...
PSN: Killians_13

User Info: Ray5555

Ray5555
2 months ago#5
I ended up getting a second le monarque. I got my Jotunn the second week it came out. I did the auto rifle frame. then the next day I go to gofannon forge to get the sniper. I ended up getting the le monarque Le monarque thoughtook me like a month to get :/
I can't forgive him! Even if it costs me my body, and soul. He has to be punished, he has to be!!!- Kamille Bidan

User Info: Diagatox

Diagatox
2 months ago#6
I got it on my 25th go, according to the emblem. That was also the same, and only time, I got a masterworked black armory weapon to come out. Which was pretty typical.

Just keep trying it. At the best least you’re farming some recent weapons while trying to farm the exotic.
A blog written by me: www.wooderon.com

User Info: Bowen

Bowen
2 months ago#7
I'd say you get a better chance when you are doing a powerful frame. I've gotten 3 Jotunn and on my 1st drop I didn't have any frame at all, I just kept doing Bergusia till I got it. The others dropped while doing poweful frame and one of them dropped with a curated roll from the frame.
Stare at the sun...

TomTomB
2 months ago#8
So there is a chance (maybe smaller) to get it also without a frame? I only have 2 characters that can go to Bergusia so only 4 chances per week with a powerful frame. I guess I just gotta keep on trying. When I read about Diagatox' 25 attempts, I still have ten times to go. ;)

User Info: mirac13

mirac13
2 months ago#9
TomTomB posted...
So there is a chance (maybe smaller) to get it also without a frame? I only have 2 characters that can go to Bergusia so only 4 chances per week with a powerful frame. I guess I just gotta keep on trying. When I read about Diagatox' 25 attempts, I still have ten times to go. ;)

That is the only time I've ever heard of anyone getting the bow or jotunn without a powerful frame. Every youtuber and the people in every forum I've been on has said you need one. I myself got 3 jotunn only with powerful frames and I probably have at least 70-80 bergusia weapons forged between powerful and non powerful.
PSN: Killians_13

User Info: Bowen

Bowen
2 months ago#10
mirac13 posted...
TomTomB posted...

That is the only time I've ever heard of anyone getting the bow or jotunn without a powerful frame. Every youtuber and the people in every forum I've been on has said you need one. I myself got 3 jotunn only with powerful frames and I probably have at least 70-80 bergusia weapons forged between powerful and non powerful.

IMO it have a better chance with a powerful frame. When I got my 1st I had nothing to do so I ran around 5 or 6 Bergusia straight till I got it. My 2nd dropped along a Curated roll. I only have 30 runs at Bergusia so I'd say I got lucky. Just make sure to run all your powerful frames at Bergusia.

Edit: I remember, I was farming Blast Furnance frames, doing the quest steps inside Bergusia.
Stare at the sun...
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Jotünn drop and Bergusia drops in General
  • Topic Archived