• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Just returned to the game - Forges. Just wow, no wonder there is no raid MM

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
1 month ago#51
rajin_donuts posted...
Truthfully though over leveling would allow easier kills and far fewer deaths, which is where most wipes come from anyway. Let's not pretend the vault is difficult mechanic wise either.

It would and it wouldn't. Bosses in Raids have thesholds where they go immune (unless your name is Riven for some stupid reason). In between those tresholds, the game throws mechanics at you that will lead to a team wipe. So even if you can push a boss to that threshold faster, you still need to rely on your team to do the mechanic properly in order to progress.

And yes, the Vault isn't difficult, but I've still seen my fair share of groups fail on it because someone called out the wrong thing, and an orb got shoved into the wrong hole. No amount of Power creep is going to fix that.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
1 month ago#52
rajin_donuts posted...
Ness0123456789 posted...
Muflaggin posted...
Don't delude yourself. There is no raid matchmaking because Bungie brainwashed this community into thinking it's okay to not have matchmaking for all activities.

Wiping over and over on the Bridge in Reckoning because the game puts me in a group with people that aren't playing to the burn's advantage, do not have (or aren't using) Well of Radience, no useful exotic weapons or armor for the activity, and are fighting outside the control point are pretty clear cut reasons why Matchmaking doens't exist for higher-tier content, such as Raids.

If people can't handle Tier 2 Reckoning through matchmaking (and in some cases, Tier 1), they're sure as hell not going to handle even the most simple of encounters in Raids. If Reckoning was a test of seeing if matchmaking could work for higher difficulty content, then it's failed spectacularly, and is proof that matchmaking should NEVER exist for raids.

rajin_donuts posted...
If they allowed over-leveling, MM probably wouldn't be an issue.

Over powering enemies wouldn't help in Raids, when most encounters are tied to a gimmick that requires communication to surpass, or else results in a team-wide wipe. But let me know how being 700 and shooting at the Vault in Last Wish works out for you.

Truthfully though over leveling would allow easier kills and far fewer deaths, which is where most wipes come from anyway. Let's not pretend the vault is difficult mechanic wise either.

You have no idea what you are talking about. People would still die, and yeah, the Vault actually is over MANY player's heads mechanics-wise.
LAL - PSN: Deuce-Cuatro
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win the SUPER BOWL - 1/13/19

User Info: rajin_donuts

rajin_donuts
1 month ago#53
XxZiomaxX posted...
rajin_donuts posted...
Ness0123456789 posted...
Muflaggin posted...
Don't delude yourself. There is no raid matchmaking because Bungie brainwashed this community into thinking it's okay to not have matchmaking for all activities.

Wiping over and over on the Bridge in Reckoning because the game puts me in a group with people that aren't playing to the burn's advantage, do not have (or aren't using) Well of Radience, no useful exotic weapons or armor for the activity, and are fighting outside the control point are pretty clear cut reasons why Matchmaking doens't exist for higher-tier content, such as Raids.

If people can't handle Tier 2 Reckoning through matchmaking (and in some cases, Tier 1), they're sure as hell not going to handle even the most simple of encounters in Raids. If Reckoning was a test of seeing if matchmaking could work for higher difficulty content, then it's failed spectacularly, and is proof that matchmaking should NEVER exist for raids.

rajin_donuts posted...
If they allowed over-leveling, MM probably wouldn't be an issue.

Over powering enemies wouldn't help in Raids, when most encounters are tied to a gimmick that requires communication to surpass, or else results in a team-wide wipe. But let me know how being 700 and shooting at the Vault in Last Wish works out for you.

You have no idea what you are talking about. People would still die, and yeah, the Vault actually is over MANY player's heads mechanics-wise.

Sure I do. You just refuse to accept that over leveling content makes that content much, much easier.

User Info: nickeldreadful

nickeldreadful
1 month ago#54
People struggle with match making and having complimentary classes on the bridge of reckoning. Pathetic and true. Its optional as goofy dude mentioned above, and they still suck. But he thinks those same idiots will figure out a raid??? Or be able to work together period??

But we are the dolts for understanding why bungie isnt dumb enough to add it.

riiiiiiiight

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
1 month ago#55
I've done hundreds of raids without MM.

Imagine the type of player you'd get who refuses to LFG for a raid and has never done one bc of it lol
---

User Info: Yoshi_Z16

Yoshi_Z16
1 month ago#56
You should have no issues with a forge even as a solo player with brain dead blueberries. Just focus on slaying adds, you’ll increase the time even if doing this solo.

The boss is trickier to carry. Especially if you needed to use heavy to catch up with adds. If you’ve got heavy bricks just switch to Whisper between rounds 2 and 3. Polaris Lance is another option. Slower but consistent damage.
PSN: oOLukeOoO858Oo

User Info: Muflaggin

Muflaggin
1 month ago#57
Ness0123456789 posted...
Muflaggin posted...

And guess what? You wouldn't be forced to use it. It would be OPTIONAL. Imagine that. Having more options!

This is the only fanbase I've seen argue that having more options is a f***ing bad thing. Jesus Bungie did a number on you dolts.

Brainwashed

You said a whole lot of nothing so I will spell it out for you slowly.

O
P
T
I
O
N
A
L

Next.
LightSnake: "Sigh....I might've been wrong about a lot this time."
Terra-enforcer: "You were right. I was wrong. I'm a filthy welcher."
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Just returned to the game - Forges. Just wow, no wonder there is no raid MM
  • Topic Archived