You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Just returned to the game - Forges. Just wow, no wonder there is no raid MM

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
4 weeks ago#31
^^^ You are right, but chill a bit. It isn't that serious.
LAL - PSN: Deuce-Cuatro
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win the SUPER BOWL - 1/13/19

User Info: jacinto34

jacinto34
4 weeks ago#32
C16 posted...
jacinto34 posted...
C16 posted...
Those IMMUNE shields are not elemental shields so the elemental damage of the orbs themselves is irrelevant. Immune is Immune. The only boss that I remember in the entire game where you get IMMUNE and still do damage is Dul Incaru from Shattered Throne. I think the big Plagues in the Well do the same thing but you can see their shield bar dropping as you do damage with Harmony as an on screen visual indicator.

Secondly, the game tells you the first time you tun the strike that the orb grows stronger when caught by an ally. I guess providing on screen instructions about what you're supposed to do is not a very effective way of telling people about a mechanic.

https://youtu.be/GJ2NPVuBy7w?t=140

inb4 OH WELL I DONT READ THOSE THINGS ANYWAY THEY'RE ANNOYING POPUPS

Not charging the orb still does damage to the shield, even if it says Immune. I know this, because I've been doing that all along and watching the shield go down. Multiple times, I've been the one to take down the shield completely without charging it.

Also, wow, so I missed the tool tip that they show one time. I played that strike the first day. Low level and blind. I was dealing with adds. I probably didn't have time to see the message the one and only time it shows up.

I never said the orb NEEDED to be charged. But hey, if you like running over, grabbing it and hitting the same enemy 3 times in order to start damaging, feel free to be an inefficient trash player who can't even be bothered to read in game instructions. You have to manually dismiss that screen so you made a conscious decision to NOT read the instructions. You're just making excuses for being bad on purpose.

If you can't read a simple tool tip for a strike, you can't be trusted to coordinate anything in a raid which requires a level of critical thinking a bit beyond reading instructions on the screen.

Lol, I raid pretty regularly with my clan and haven't had any issues, bud. I think you're just an elitist that thinks they're awesome at the game, when you're probably just mediocre, at best.
If you cannot distinguish your life from Hell, then you are already in Hell.
http://i.imgur.com/SEFfyN0.gif https://i.imgur.com/m7J6PB3.gif

User Info: AbraCadaver

AbraCadaver
4 weeks ago#33
What modifiers we got today for reckoning? Finally strong enough to go to T2 and do the bounty, only got about an hour tonight though so dont wanna give myself a headache with blackout.
Roger that.

User Info: C16

C16
4 weeks ago#34
jacinto34 posted...
C16 posted...
jacinto34 posted...
C16 posted...
Those IMMUNE shields are not elemental shields so the elemental damage of the orbs themselves is irrelevant. Immune is Immune. The only boss that I remember in the entire game where you get IMMUNE and still do damage is Dul Incaru from Shattered Throne. I think the big Plagues in the Well do the same thing but you can see their shield bar dropping as you do damage with Harmony as an on screen visual indicator.

Secondly, the game tells you the first time you tun the strike that the orb grows stronger when caught by an ally. I guess providing on screen instructions about what you're supposed to do is not a very effective way of telling people about a mechanic.

Not charging the orb still does damage to the shield, even if it says Immune. I know this, because I've been doing that all along and watching the shield go down. Multiple times, I've been the one to take down the shield completely without charging it.

Also, wow, so I missed the tool tip that they show one time. I played that strike the first day. Low level and blind. I was dealing with adds. I probably didn't have time to see the message the one and only time it shows up.

I never said the orb NEEDED to be charged. But hey, if you like running over, grabbing it and hitting the same enemy 3 times in order to start damaging, feel free to be an inefficient trash player who can't even be bothered to read in game instructions. You have to manually dismiss that screen so you made a conscious decision to NOT read the instructions. You're just making excuses for being bad on purpose.

If you can't read a simple tool tip for a strike, you can't be trusted to coordinate anything in a raid which requires a level of critical thinking a bit beyond reading instructions on the screen.

Lol, I raid pretty regularly with my clan and haven't had any issues, bud. I think you're just an elitist that thinks they're awesome at the game, when you're probably just mediocre, at best.

I didn't know using optimal strategies made one mediocre, but okay. Let's see your handle and compare stats then.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

jacinto34
4 weeks ago#35
C16 posted...
jacinto34 posted...
C16 posted...
jacinto34 posted...
C16 posted...

I didn't know using optimal strategies made one mediocre, but okay. Let's see your handle and compare stats then.

jamaral34 - Have at it.

User Info: Raniok

Raniok
4 weeks ago#36
XxZiomaxX posted...
^^^ You are right, but chill a bit. It isn't that serious.

Why aren't you so serious?!

I came in here to complain about Reckoning Tier 3. I can usually solo a forge, but blah - randoms with theri low deeps and bad positioning. Le sigh
*smokebomb

User Info: randomsentinel

randomsentinel
4 weeks ago#37
CheaterMcCheat posted...
Can't seem to get this first forge done through matchmaking at all and people want matchmaking for Raids?

Oh look, another person who doesn't understand that an optional feature means you have the option to use it. Counterpoint: If MM would attract all the garbage players, that means LFG sites would have an even higher quality of players remaining for those that wanted to use it. If you only care about good players, why not be in favor of a system that absorbs all the bad ones like a black hole? Only trolls and people incapable of critical thinking are against raid MM. It's a feature you would never have to use, so there's no logical reason to be against it.

CheaterMcCheat posted...
I think I'm pulling my weight... People I get matched with seem to be dying a lot though and don't seem to be getting the batteries into the forge.

Ah yeah so you actually are the issue lol, you just can't admit what you're doing wrong. Look at the uncertainty of language, "I think" and "seem to be". Feel free to record your forges so we can analyze what's going wrong.
http://www.youtube.com/user/xShuffleFM
Rathalos for MVC3! "This is my last response to you forever" - XxZiomaxX

User Info: sadiztic666

sadiztic666
4 weeks ago#38
randomsentinel posted...
CheaterMcCheat posted...
Can't seem to get this first forge done through matchmaking at all and people want matchmaking for Raids?

Oh look, another person who doesn't understand that an optional feature means you have the option to use it. Counterpoint: If MM would attract all the garbage players, that means LFG sites would have an even higher quality of players remaining for those that wanted to use it. If you only care about good players, why not be in favor of a system that absorbs all the bad ones like a black hole? Only trolls and people incapable of critical thinking are against raid MM. It's a feature you would never have to use, so there's no logical reason to be against it.

CheaterMcCheat posted...
I think I'm pulling my weight... People I get matched with seem to be dying a lot though and don't seem to be getting the batteries into the forge.

Ah yeah so you actually are the issue lol, you just can't admit what you're doing wrong. Look at the uncertainty of language, "I think" and "seem to be". Feel free to record your forges so we can analyze what's going wrong.

I love how you say there is no logical reason to be against it but there are plenty.

You continue to go in circles and refuse to see the logical reasons why it just isn't a good idea.

User Info: C16

C16
4 weeks ago#39
jacinto34 posted...
jamaral34

I've got

373 more hours (1,358 more in D1)
11 more raid clears (340 more in D1)
66450 triumph score compared to your 60350 (5615 max grimoire compared to your 4970 in D1)
2603 items collected compared to your 2297

If I'm mediocre, I'd hate to know what you are.
(edited 4 weeks ago)

jacinto34
4 weeks ago#40
C16 posted...
jacinto34 posted...
jamaral34

I've got

373 more hours (1,358 more in D1)
11 more raid clears (340 more in D1)
66450 triumph score compared to your 60350 (5615 max grimoire compared to your 4970 in D1)
2603 items collected compared to your 2297

If I'm mediocre, I'd hate to know what you are.

If you're done flexing your e-peen, you might want to look back at my posts and notice I never said I was great at the game. I just said you are probably mediocre. Your obvious need for validation is backing that belief up even more.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Just returned to the game - Forges. Just wow, no wonder there is no raid MM