You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Just returned to the game - Forges. Just wow, no wonder there is no raid MM

User Info: biledriver

biledriver
4 weeks ago#21
C16 posted...
Good lord the amount of people that had no idea you can charge the orbs is horrifying. Are you not paying attention to literally anything in the game? Are you getting carried through Blind Well and The Corrupted? Are you oblivious the the large IMMUNE letter popping up on the enemies and bosses? You guys are the people I stand in front of in strikes punching and shooting trying to get their attention in order to have them to pass me the orb as I yell obscenities at my screen while they completely fail.

You guys just proved OP's point by not even knowing a basic mechanic. Also, it doesn't matter how high he is in the forges if his matchmade teammates are human potatoes. It took my 40 minutes last Friday to complete a single Bergusia because 1) Nobody was matching in and 2) When I did have have a full team from the start, they kept dying over and over again without getting enough orbs in.

Thanks for reminding why I play solo.

Again, it's extremely easy to not know these things because all the constant players simply do them their selves. I learned the orb thing from the strike but I had finished the strike once before with the other players rushing to melt the boss so quick I couldn't figure it out.

Not everyone has been doing these things for a month or more. I have only even seen the strike with the orbs twice and that's with leveling all 3 characters and getting my strike bounties etc.
Listen to Tom Waits

User Info: Blitzkrieg182

Blitzkrieg182
4 weeks ago#22
biledriver posted...
C16 posted...
Good lord the amount of people that had no idea you can charge the orbs is horrifying. Are you not paying attention to literally anything in the game? Are you getting carried through Blind Well and The Corrupted? Are you oblivious the the large IMMUNE letter popping up on the enemies and bosses? You guys are the people I stand in front of in strikes punching and shooting trying to get their attention in order to have them to pass me the orb as I yell obscenities at my screen while they completely fail.

You guys just proved OP's point by not even knowing a basic mechanic. Also, it doesn't matter how high he is in the forges if his matchmade teammates are human potatoes. It took my 40 minutes last Friday to complete a single Bergusia because 1) Nobody was matching in and 2) When I did have have a full team from the start, they kept dying over and over again without getting enough orbs in.

Thanks for reminding why I play solo.

Again, it's extremely easy to not know these things because all the constant players simply do them their selves. I learned the orb thing from the strike but I had finished the strike once before with the other players rushing to melt the boss so quick I couldn't figure it out.

Not everyone has been doing these things for a month or more. I have only even seen the strike with the orbs twice and that's with leveling all 3 characters and getting my strike bounties etc.

Yes we know its extrememly easy to be bad at this game. It's probably like 50% of the player base.

User Info: Ness0123456789

Ness0123456789
4 weeks ago#23
It only gets worst with Reckoning.

Having a group of people in 670+ power fail a Tier 1 Reckoning encounter is...it's a special kind of kick to the balls.
Each person might see a rose with a different shade of red, but the fact that we can all agree on is beauty -- that is a miracle.
-Michea, FFXI

User Info: xVIC5T3Rx

xVIC5T3Rx
4 weeks ago#24
jacinto34 posted...
C16 posted...

Even though it says "IMMUNE" it still damages the shield, though not as much. I've been getting both the Blind Well and Corrupted done without charging them before. That goes for both me and the others I've been in with. Stop being a drama queen. Yeah, it may be easier when charging, but it's still not hard without charging.

The point here is that you can't figure out such a basic mechanic and people still cry for match-made in raids. It would be a mess.
People these days just don't like to use their brains anymore.
Psn: vic420tor
Can you live a life worth dying for?

User Info: C16

C16
4 weeks ago#25
jacinto34 posted...
C16 posted...

Even though it says "IMMUNE" it still damages the shield, though not as much. I've been getting both the Blind Well and Corrupted done without charging them before. That goes for both me and the others I've been in with. Stop being a drama queen. Yeah, it may be easier when charging, but it's still not hard without charging.

Good lord, the state of blueberries today. Defending doing things inefficiently and poorly. THIS is why raid matchmaking will never be a thing, because you skate by doing the bare minimum.

User Info: jacinto34

jacinto34
4 weeks ago#26
xVIC5T3Rx posted...
jacinto34 posted...
C16 posted...

The point here is that you can't figure out such a basic mechanic and people still cry for match-made in raids. It would be a mess.
People these days just don't like to use their brains anymore.

First off, the orbs have elemental damage. I believe the forge ones are Arc and the strike are Void. So the "Immune" notification could be their shield is immune to the elemental damage. I haven't seen anything in game that explains passing the orb charges it. Expecting people to just know that or notice little things like the amount of energy around it increasing as you are running towards the boss and avoiding all of the adds is not a very effective way of telling people about that mechanic.

Secondly, raids are known to have mechanics in them, so people doing them are probably going to actually take a look at the mechanics, or at least be in a chat with the people that they are raiding with to have the mechanics explained.
If you cannot distinguish your life from Hell, then you are already in Hell.
http://i.imgur.com/SEFfyN0.gif https://i.imgur.com/m7J6PB3.gif

C16
4 weeks ago#27
Those IMMUNE shields are not elemental shields so the elemental damage of the orbs themselves is irrelevant. Immune is Immune. The only boss that I remember in the entire game where you get IMMUNE and still do damage is Dul Incaru from Shattered Throne. I think the big Plagues in the Well do the same thing but you can see their shield bar dropping as you do damage with Harmony as an on screen visual indicator.

Secondly, the game tells you the first time you tun the strike that the orb grows stronger when caught by an ally. I guess providing on screen instructions about what you're supposed to do is not a very effective way of telling people about a mechanic.

https://youtu.be/GJ2NPVuBy7w?t=140

inb4 OH WELL I DONT READ THOSE THINGS ANYWAY THEY'RE ANNOYING POPUPS
(edited 4 weeks ago)

User Info: jacinto34

jacinto34
4 weeks ago#28
C16 posted...
Those IMMUNE shields are not elemental shields so the elemental damage of the orbs themselves is irrelevant. Immune is Immune. The only boss that I remember in the entire game where you get IMMUNE and still do damage is Dul Incaru from Shattered Throne. I think the big Plagues in the Well do the same thing but you can see their shield bar dropping as you do damage with Harmony as an on screen visual indicator.

Secondly, the game tells you the first time you tun the strike that the orb grows stronger when caught by an ally. I guess providing on screen instructions about what you're supposed to do is not a very effective way of telling people about a mechanic.

Not charging the orb still does damage to the shield, even if it says Immune. I know this, because I've been doing that all along and watching the shield go down. Multiple times, I've been the one to take down the shield completely without charging it.

Also, wow, so I missed the tool tip that they show one time. I played that strike the first day. Low level and blind. I was dealing with adds. I probably didn't have time to see the message the one and only time it shows up.
If you cannot distinguish your life from Hell, then you are already in Hell.
http://i.imgur.com/SEFfyN0.gif https://i.imgur.com/m7J6PB3.gif

User Info: xVIC5T3Rx

xVIC5T3Rx
4 weeks ago#29
As I said people is just brain dead.
Psn: vic420tor
Can you live a life worth dying for?

C16
4 weeks ago#30
jacinto34 posted...
C16 posted...

Not charging the orb still does damage to the shield, even if it says Immune. I know this, because I've been doing that all along and watching the shield go down. Multiple times, I've been the one to take down the shield completely without charging it.

Also, wow, so I missed the tool tip that they show one time. I played that strike the first day. Low level and blind. I was dealing with adds. I probably didn't have time to see the message the one and only time it shows up.

I never said the orb NEEDED to be charged. But hey, if you like running over, grabbing it and hitting the same enemy 3 times in order to start damaging, feel free to be an inefficient trash player who can't even be bothered to read in game instructions. You have to manually dismiss that screen so you made a conscious decision to NOT read the instructions. You're just making excuses for being bad on purpose.

If you can't read a simple tool tip for a strike, you can't be trusted to coordinate anything in a raid which requires a level of critical thinking a bit beyond reading instructions on the screen.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Just returned to the game - Forges. Just wow, no wonder there is no raid MM