• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. No match making for story missions?

User Info: Judge-returned

Judge-returned
2 months ago#11
DarthDarthius posted...
Judge-returned posted...
Strikes
PvP
Forges
Gambit (including Reckoning)
Blind Well, although it’s instance based

Can’t imagine why you need matchmaking for story missions. They’re not difficult to complete by yourself.

Why is Blind Well on your list of Matchmaking Activities? Doesnt that rely on other players around that choose to go into it? To me. I dont feel that's matchmaking. More like a public event. In that case, I feel Escalation Protocol should be on the list.

Matchmaking is used to pair you with other people trying to do the same thing. Matchmaking as it is, doesn't include things like Public Events, Blind Well and Escalation Protocol where there are people already there and can just walk past and leave you to it or choose to do it with you and leave when they want without actually quitting activity through their ghost.

Blind Well is a little bit different from EP and generic patrolling/PE’s though. That’s why I specificed that it’s instance-based, because it’s in an isolated area and if you enter the area too quickly you won’t be paired with anyone. It’s not quite the same as matchmaking and i understand that. It’s just that it’s an in-between of patrols/EP and actual matchmade content.

The way Blind Well pairs you with people is the reason why Forges and now Reckoning have actual matchmaking.

User Info: DarthDarthius

DarthDarthius
2 months ago#12
Judge-returned posted...
DarthDarthius posted...
Judge-returned posted...
Strikes
PvP
Forges

Can’t imagine why you need matchmaking for story missions. They’re not difficult to complete by yourself.

Why is Blind Well on your list of Matchmaking Activities? Doesnt that rely on other players around that choose to go into it? To me. I dont feel that's matchmaking. More like a public event. In that case, I feel Escalation Protocol should be on the list.

Matchmaking is used to pair you with other people trying to do the same thing. Matchmaking as it is, doesn't include things like Public Events, Blind Well and Escalation Protocol where there are people already there and can just walk past and leave you to it or choose to do it with you and leave when they want without actually quitting activity through their ghost.

Blind Well is a little bit different from EP and generic patrolling/PE’s though. That’s why I specificed that it’s instance-based, because it’s in an isolated area and if you enter the area too quickly you won’t be paired with anyone. It’s not quite the same as matchmaking and i understand that. It’s just that it’s an in-between of patrols/EP and actual matchmade content.

The way Blind Well pairs you with people is the reason why Forges and now Reckoning have actual matchmaking.

In what way does Blind Well pair you with people?
PSN: GntWoodenBadger

User Info: The Business

The Business
2 months ago#13
DarthDarthius posted...
Judge-returned posted...
DarthDarthius posted...
Judge-returned posted...
Strikes
PvP
Forges

Walk slowly and give the loading time and it will pair you with others. Just like Archon Forge.
Do I have to give you THE BUSINESS?

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
2 months ago#14
DarthDarthius posted...
Judge-returned posted...
DarthDarthius posted...
Judge-returned posted...
Strikes
PvP
Forges

the point is ppl go to the Blind Well to do the Blind Well. I'm not sure what you mean what way does the BW pair people??? It brings people to your instance, or you to theirs, based on your server region...

EP happens just walking thru Mars and public events are the same. Which is why some people don't stop to participate.
LAL - PSN: Deuce-Cuatro
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win the SUPER BOWL - 1/13/19

User Info: DarthDarthius

DarthDarthius
2 months ago#15
I've gone to blind well dozens of times. A lot of the time I sit there alone waiting. Other times I go to orbit and go back to the blind well. If it matches you with people, why am I sitting there alone for a full hour?
PSN: GntWoodenBadger

XxZiomaxX
2 months ago#16
Bc you haven't learned what to do to ensure you are match-made with people, obviously.

hint: post #13

User Info: randomsentinel

randomsentinel
2 months ago#17
Revocation68 posted...
Playing with randoms is fun too....

Haha....good lord.

Ignore him, all he does is purposely miss your points in order to talk trash and white knight for Bungie.

Story should have a matchmaking option because playing a multiplayer game with other people is kind of the point. Unlike raids where everyone performs a bunch of mental gymnastics to explain why they don't want an optional feature, there is no defending the idea that story should have matchmaking. Some enjoy doing it solo, some enjoy doing it with people. "Just invite people LOOOLLLL" doesn't excuse bad design. Considering how shallow the story is already in this game I'd rather blast through it in most cases lol.
http://www.youtube.com/user/xShuffleFM
Rathalos for MVC3! "This is my last response to you forever" - XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
2 months ago#18
Only way you get story matchmaking is if they remove the option to select 1 of 5 missions (due to low playlist population), and just make a Daily Heroic Story queue that rotates between 5 missions each day.

Are you sure you wanna remove the ability to just spam the same 7 minute mission 3 times?

It's likely they would also have to up the light level of the playlist to help control for having 3 Guardians.

I can't imagine why this is so critical as to make a topic about it though. I'm way too busy kicking ass in a weak story mission to notice what anyone else on my team would be doing... and who I'd play with would be in a party with me anyway since you CAN make teams for story missions if you wanted.

Seems weird :p if you just wanna feel companionship, go play strikes? lol

User Info: The Business

The Business
2 months ago#19
randomsentinel posted...
Revocation68 posted...
Playing with randoms is fun too....

Haha....good lord.

Ignore him, all he does is purposely miss your points in order to talk trash and white knight for Bungie.

Story should have a matchmaking option because playing a multiplayer game with other people is kind of the point. Unlike raids where everyone performs a bunch of mental gymnastics to explain why they don't want an optional feature, there is no defending the idea that story should have matchmaking. Some enjoy doing it solo, some enjoy doing it with people. "Just invite people LOOOLLLL" doesn't excuse bad design. Considering how shallow the story is already in this game I'd rather blast through it in most cases lol.

Hey Einstein. The "story" part of the game is designed as a solo experience. The cinematics are designed as a solo experience. THERE ARE TONS OF MULTIPLAYER PARTS OF DESTINY, the story mode isn't one of them.

How hard was that?

Nobody with a brain wants matchmaking for Raids btw. Smh.
Do I have to give you THE BUSINESS?

User Info: randomsentinel

randomsentinel
2 months ago#20
The Business posted...
Hey Einstein. The "story" part of the game is designed as a solo experience. The cinematics are designed as a solo experience. THERE ARE TONS OF MULTIPLAYER PARTS OF DESTINY, the story mode isn't one of them.

How hard was that?

If the story part of the game was solo only you wouldn't be able to squad up. Checkmate, you're done.

The Business posted...
Nobody with a brain wants matchmaking for Raids btw. Smh.

This is bait lol. Try harder troll.
http://www.youtube.com/user/xShuffleFM
Rathalos for MVC3! "This is my last response to you forever" - XxZiomaxX
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. No match making for story missions?
  • Topic Archived