• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. No match making for story missions?

User Info: Revocation68

Revocation68
1 month ago#1
The hell???

Is match making only for strikes and pvp? Is that literally the only match making content?

User Info: Judge-returned

Judge-returned
1 month ago#2
Strikes
PvP
Forges
Gambit (including Reckoning)
Blind Well, although it’s instance based

Can’t imagine why you need matchmaking for story missions. They’re not difficult to complete by yourself.

Revocation68
1 month ago#3
Judge-returned posted...
Strikes
PvP
Forges

Can’t imagine why you need matchmaking for story missions. They’re not difficult to complete by yourself.

Because playing with friends is fun, and this is supposed to be an online game, sooooo.....does not make any sense not to have it for campaign.

What is this "guided games"? I thought you couldn't match up for raids?

User Info: OrangePoet

OrangePoet
1 month ago#4
I think Bungie intended for story missions to be done solo.
PSN: BurningSun7 O death where is your sting? O grave where is your victory?

User Info: Judge-returned

Judge-returned
1 month ago#5
Revocation68 posted...
Judge-returned posted...
Strikes
PvP
Forges

Because playing with friends is fun, and this is supposed to be an online game, sooooo.....does not make any sense not to have it for campaign.

I mean, you can still play them with people, you just have to invite them. But tbh I doubt many people even still do the story missions anymore.

Guided Games pairs you up either with a clan that wants to guide people through a raid/nightfall, or gives you the option to guide other players. It’s a half assed version of matchmaking, and i’m surprised it’s still in the game. As far as I knew Guided Games was a flop, but maybe it’s been improved. Idk.

User Info: Sephiroth0327

Sephiroth0327
1 month ago#6
Judge-returned posted...
Revocation68 posted...
Judge-returned posted...
Strikes
PvP
Forges

I mean, you can still play them with people, you just have to invite them. But tbh I doubt many people even still do the story missions anymore.

Guided Games pairs you up either with a clan that wants to guide people through a raid/nightfall, or gives you the option to guide other players. It’s a half assed version of matchmaking, and i’m surprised it’s still in the game. As far as I knew Guided Games was a flop, but maybe it’s been improved. Idk.

My clan hosts many Guided Games every week to take new people through the Raid
PSN: Sephiroth0327

User Info: Zurriah

Zurriah
1 month ago#7
If you have friends you can invite them for your story missions otherwise you can do them solo. But keep in mind they don't really scale for multiple players so you'll be blasting through an already fairly easy story mode. Most people I know prefer to play the story solo so they can properly enjoy it.

User Info: DarthDarthius

DarthDarthius
1 month ago#8
Judge-returned posted...
Strikes
PvP
Forges

Why is Blind Well on your list of Matchmaking Activities? Doesnt that rely on other players around that choose to go into it? To me. I dont feel that's matchmaking. More like a public event. In that case, I feel Escalation Protocol should be on the list.

Matchmaking is used to pair you with other people trying to do the same thing. Matchmaking as it is, doesn't include things like Public Events, Blind Well and Escalation Protocol where there are people already there and can just walk past and leave you to it or choose to do it with you and leave when they want without actually quitting activity through their ghost.
PSN: GntWoodenBadger

User Info: The Business

The Business
1 month ago#9
Revocation68 posted...
Judge-returned posted...
Strikes
PvP
Forges

If "playing with friends is fun" THEN YOU CAN INVITE THEM TO YOUR STORY MISSIONS.

So why would you need matchmaking?

Do I have to give you THE BUSINESS?

Revocation68
1 month ago#10
The Business posted...
Revocation68 posted...
Judge-returned posted...
Strikes
PvP
Forges

If "playing with friends is fun" THEN YOU CAN INVITE THEM TO YOUR STORY MISSIONS.

So why would you need matchmaking?

Playing with randoms is fun too....

Haha....good lord.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. No match making for story missions?
  • Topic Archived