• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Did the Activision divorce give you renewed hope in this franchise?

User Info: Blitzkrieg182

Blitzkrieg182
2 months ago#11
All I've seen since launch is people complain about this game over and over, and alot of those same people still post here and still play the game. Like thousands of hours.....And unless games like anthem, division, crack down etc. can provide a better overall shooter, this game isnt going anywhere. Assuming Activision had corporate expectations, in theory, the divorce should be a good thing......but it's still on bungie to deliver. Their ability to do that can be debated, but regardless, if no other game can match Destinys prowess, then these conversations and this game will continue.

User Info: ecureuil

ecureuil
2 months ago#12
D2 has its issues but it’s still an amazing game. Forsaken in particular is excellent. Really don’t get the hate for it honestly.

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
2 months ago#13
My hope is that the game will stop cutting corners on obvious stuff since they aren't committed to Activisions deadlines anymore
PSN: Finn_H93

User Info: Halectic

Halectic
2 months ago#14
Activision was bankrolling Bungie, so expect the rise of eververse to make up the money.
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835

User Info: hellzyaaahhhhhh

hellzyaaahhhhhh
2 months ago#15
Zabuza- posted...
Im kinda scared

when you realize bungie was behind everything and not activision practices
(nothing to be scared of lets see how this pans out) worse case is were tricked into buying a 3rd test environment game thats a fun shooter (eg:they give use a unfinished product and keep up the testing see what we like dislike)

Secramor posted...
Uhhh, I feel like it’s a little too late.

1st good understatement of year XD
they lost original bungie team errm most of it back in destiny 1 (lot long term members)
while devs come and go all time (most leave base concept of what they went for when training their replacements/new people to their dev software and destiny title was working project back in days of halo 3...if i remember right)
destiny 2 whisper catalyst everyone should have it help them get it
owner of 500m edition ps4 41,768/50,000 (as well as every other system made yolo)

User Info: Vanguard666

Vanguard666
2 months ago#16
FinnH posted...
johnny_pay posted...
activision may have forced them to include eververse but it was bungie who made the game and f***ed it up. there were rumours that bungie asked for an extra year for d2 because they scrapped everything and basically made d2 in a year, if true you cant blame that on activision.

Of course you can, because activision gave them that deadline

Exactly. s*** does not go up the pipe, bungie can ask for whatever but activision calls the shots

User Info: BoxTheMuppet

BoxTheMuppet
2 months ago#17
Vanguard666 posted...
FinnH posted...
johnny_pay posted...
activision may have forced them to include eververse but it was bungie who made the game and f***ed it up. there were rumours that bungie asked for an extra year for d2 because they scrapped everything and basically made d2 in a year, if true you cant blame that on activision.

Exactly. s*** does not go up the pipe, bungie can ask for whatever but activision calls the shots

Whose fault was it that they had to scrap everything? Bungie.

It feels like a lot of you are 14 and don’t know how business works. If I give you a deadline, that’s when I need those TPS reports done. Not my problem you f***ed it up half way through and rushed it out. That’s you not doing your job. Bungie and Activision exist to make money. They aren’t some indie hippie cult game studio making games out of the kindness of their heart. They are in it to make money and to make money you need to push content out.
The fact that they keep f***ing up the launches makes me more worried because they have a history of s***ting the bed and now they don’t have to be held to a timeline. They can’t get regular updates out and we expect them to not f*** up and keep pushing releases back?
Bungie lost 80% of their player base after the first month of d2 because of their casualization of the game. Activision didn’t tell them to reinvent their engine. That’s on Bungie. The deadline didn’t force them to make those decisions. We were getting static rolls no matter how long it took to get the game made.
#1 at absolutely nothing!

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
2 months ago#18
BoxTheMuppet posted...
Vanguard666 posted...
FinnH posted...
johnny_pay posted...

It feels like a lot of you are 14 and don’t know how business works. If I give you a deadline, that’s when I need those TPS reports done. Not my problem you f***ed it up half way through and rushed it out. That’s you not doing your job. Bungie and Activision exist to make money. They aren’t some indie hippie cult game studio making games out of the kindness of their heart. They are in it to make money and to make money you need to push content out.
The fact that they keep f***ing up the launches makes me more worried because they have a history of s***ting the bed and now they don’t have to be held to a timeline. They can’t get regular updates out and we expect them to not f*** up and keep pushing releases back?
Bungie lost 80% of their player base after the first month of d2 because of their casualization of the game. Activision didn’t tell them to reinvent their engine. That’s on Bungie. The deadline didn’t force them to make those decisions. We were getting static rolls no matter how long it took to get the game made.

What you say is technically correct (however I dont believe there is any confirmation that it was all scrapped mid development and re-started)

Regardless if it was what would you rather have a game dev who can scrap something and has the freedom to take their time to make it the way they want?

or

a game dev who can scrap something and then has to rush and scramble to put something together because the man pulling the purse strings has set an arbitrary deadline based on the fiscal quarter?
PSN: Finn_H93

User Info: leon315

leon315
2 months ago#19
honestly i own both D1 and D2, the world exploration and design is fine, but the game it self requires too, I MEAN TOOO much grinding, and u get easily bored.

Bungie have so much to learn from Warframe.

User Info: BoxTheMuppet

BoxTheMuppet
2 months ago#20
FinnH posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...
Vanguard666 posted...
FinnH posted...
johnny_pay posted...

What you say is technically correct (however I dont believe there is any confirmation that it was all scrapped mid development and re-started)

Regardless if it was what would you rather have a game dev who can scrap something and has the freedom to take their time to make it the way they want?

or

a game dev who can scrap something and then has to rush and scramble to put something together because the man pulling the purse strings has set an arbitrary deadline based on the fiscal quarter?

It’s widely known that it was scrapped. Their is no telling if they wouldn’t rush the game to hit that September release date. You guys are looking at this through rose colored glasses. Bungie has made a lot of very poor decisions that aren’t on the business side now they have nobody holding them to the fire. This game is supposed to be a hobby, you don’t keep a player base without regular updates and dlc. When was the last sandbox update, balance patch, or improvement?
I love how Activision is seen as the big greedy corporation. Any of you own stocks? Do you want that investment to make you money or did you put your savings in those stocks just to help that corporation make bank roll while they discover their inner selves?
Bungie has 700+ employees plus overhead. That’s a lot of expense and if they don’t put the game out they will die without finding. You guys act like taking an extra 18 months, that’s how far into production they were when they scrapped the game, would be feasible. News flash: it’s not.
#1 at absolutely nothing!
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Did the Activision divorce give you renewed hope in this franchise?
  • Topic Archived