• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Bungie to gain full publishing control over Destiny franchise

User Info: JonThePenguin

JonThePenguin
2 months ago#1
We have enjoyed a successful eight-year run and would like to thank Activision for their partnership on Destiny. Looking ahead, we’re excited to announce plans for Activision to transfer publishing rights for Destiny to Bungie. With our remarkable Destiny community, we are ready to publish on our own, while Activision will increase their focus on owned IP projects.

The planned transition process is already underway in its early stages, with Bungie and Activision both committed to making sure the handoff is as seamless as possible.

https://www.bungie.net/en/Explore/Detail/News/47569
JonThePenguin
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=erunion

User Info: kingcam07

kingcam07
2 months ago#2
ninja'd
psn ID: kingcam07
3DS Friend Code: 3797-6991-7772

User Info: JonThePenguin

JonThePenguin
2 months ago#3
I gotta admit, I was expecting this to end up like Halo, with Activision keeping the IP while Bungie went on to something new.

kingcam07 posted...
ninja'd

59 seconds, not bad at all.
JonThePenguin
http://www.backloggery.com/main.php?user=erunion

User Info: BoxTheMuppet

BoxTheMuppet
2 months ago#4
Meh, none of us know how much of the good and bad decisions came from Activision.
Nobody to blame but Bungie going forward.
#1 at absolutely nothing!

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
2 months ago#5
BoxTheMuppet posted...
Meh, none of us know how much of the good and bad decisions came from Activision.

While this is technically true... we have plenty of experience with Activision elsewhere to know that this can only be a good thing.
LAL - PSN: Deuce-Cuatro
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win a Divisional round playoff game -- 1/5/14

User Info: BoxTheMuppet

BoxTheMuppet
2 months ago#6
XxZiomaxX posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...

While this is technically true... we have plenty of experience with Activision elsewhere to know that this can only be a good thing.

I believe it was Bungie that looked at the data from d1 and decided on static rolls, watered down skill trees, and 90% of the d1y1 bad decisions.

Ever verse has Activision written all over it.

Who is responsible for our lack of sandbox updates and is still working on trials?
#1 at absolutely nothing!

User Info: Moukaryuu

Moukaryuu
2 months ago#7
XxZiomaxX posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...

I agree wholeheartedly. I'd rather know for sure who's screwing with content that seems like money grubbing than to wonder if it's Bungie or Activision pulling the strings. Given the way they treat other franchises, I tend to think it's Activision, but now we'll see...
Now playing - Destiny 2: Forsaken (PS4); God of War (PS4); Dead Cells (Switch); Super Smash Bros Ultimate (Switch)

User Info: XxZiomaxX

XxZiomaxX
2 months ago#8
The entire business practice and the way they sell DLC smells completely of Activision tbh

The focus on how Forsaken didn't pull expected $$$ over how it was received critically also smells of Activision.
LAL - PSN: Deuce-Cuatro
Will not remove this until the KC Chiefs win a Divisional round playoff game -- 1/5/14

User Info: Heavenlysheol

Heavenlysheol
2 months ago#9
Just came to post this. Exciting news!
The purpose of fighting is to win. There is no possible victory in defense.

User Info: ZanderSolo

ZanderSolo
2 months ago#10
Uhhhh.... werent their 2 others studios working on Destiny 2? High Moon and another one?

Wonder if they are still co-developing with Bungie.
XOne: Zander Solo
3DS: Zandersolo FC: 3024-6049-8329
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Bungie to gain full publishing control over Destiny franchise
  • Topic Archived