• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. I would have paid $20

User Info: slywether85

slywether85
3 months ago#1
Annual pass is stupid.

I literally would have bought black armory for $20 and probably the other 2 as well. Well aware of how stupid that is.

I'll eventually get the pass but I hate it.

I don't like paying for something I wont see for a year.

User Info: hennethannun

hennethannun
3 months ago#2
You are saying you would have paid $20 individually for the seasonal content drops, but are balking at paying $35 up front for all 3 of them? a la carte service is worth 71% price premium to you? that's cool. I am not that interested in mixing and matching content personally, but you do you. . .

User Info: KoD_Krysco_51

KoD_Krysco_51
3 months ago#3
Not that $35 is a big deal whatsoever financially but I do think it would have been nice to just be able to buy them separate just because I doubt I’ll still be playing by the time the last content comes out. I’ve bought similar annual passes for games in the past and came to realize that I quit playing on dlc #3 of 6 or whatever the case it.

User Info: hennethannun

hennethannun
3 months ago#4
KoD_Krysco_51 posted...
Not that $35 is a big deal whatsoever financially but I do think it would have been nice to just be able to buy them separate just because I doubt I’ll still be playing by the time the last content comes out. I’ve bought similar annual passes for games in the past and came to realize that I quit playing on dlc #3 of 6 or whatever the case it.

But I think parsing content access causes problems for bungie (e.g.,vanilla owners being locked out of nightfall when CoO dropped last year), so I can see why they want to minimize the levels of access.

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
3 months ago#5
hennethannun posted...
KoD_Krysco_51 posted...

But I think parsing content access causes problems for bungie (e.g.,vanilla owners being locked out of nightfall when CoO dropped last year), so I can see why they want to minimize the levels of access.

This. Bungie has had tons if issues with people only buying partial DLC and either not being able to play it because you have to have other DLC for it or just complaining as activities are actively taken away from them.
Do you think parallel universe me is doing ok?
psn Dubious_Hyjinx

User Info: randomsentinel

randomsentinel
3 months ago#6
KoD_Krysco_51 posted...

That's just the marketing of it. They want you to feel committed to the game for the entire year cycle while getting the money up front. Rolling everything into 1 pass purchase also ensures future profits, because after this s***storm of a launch for BA if you were allowed to buy things individually people would have peaced out instantly.

hennethannun posted...

It doesn't cause design issues for Bungie, it causes player backlash lol. Bungie's decision in this is entirely rooted in safely maximizing the most money out of the situation they can, not doing something on behalf of the player. A team with this experience and staffing level should not run into indie dev issues like that.
http://www.youtube.com/user/xShuffleFM
Rathalos for MVC3! "This is my last response to you forever" - XxZiomaxX
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. I would have paid $20
  • Topic Archived