• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. A guy got to PL 650...

User Info: Mochzuki

Mochzuki
1 week ago#1
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/a3lzyx/power_level_650_has_been_reached/

And now everybody in the comments wants stacking bounties to be nerfed and not a thing. So.... When you didn't think this was possible. It was ok. But now that one known person has abused it(and not affected you in anyway) All of a sudden. It's a HUGE ass issue and it needs to be "fixed."

I'm sitting here like -_- I'm slowly but surely starting to dislike the whole destiny community. They ragging on a 650 cuz he was smart and he's already there. They want everything nerfed. They can't adapt to anything in the crucible. "Bungie fix this. Bungie nerf that." Instead of playing the game these run to Bungie. The same people that they QQ too because they not 605+ and can't do the Forge. The same people that went, "Wow. I spent 35 dollars and I can't do anything."

The way this is going I'm going to stop caring or I might just stop playing Destiny simply because I feel like the community is ruining the game for me based off going to Bungie off anything they consider an issue and since Bungie had a "I'm not doing anything but I say I'm listening" mentality. Bungie going against they own word and working hard to please the entire internet crowd. (Which I find very annoying.)
PSN: Atsuki12345 , Warlock Max Power 591.6, Hunter Max Power 585.2, Titan Max Power 582.8
Slowly adding everybody to the ignore list since 8/27/2018.

User Info: Boomstick75

Boomstick75
1 week ago#2
One of the most toxic communities in gaming. It’s part of the reason I haven’t played the game in over two months...the other being that it’s waaaay too time consuming in its current state. Too much ridiculous meaningless grind. I have a full time job and a girlfriend that lives with me. 40 Gambit matches for an auto rifle? 😂 f*** that s***.

I’m only checking in here to see when/if things change when new content releases. Good to see Bungie is still being Bungie. Good luck to those still sticking this out.

User Info: firebrandt

firebrandt
1 week ago#3
So its going to be another nerf in the game then or a huge buff to the drops very soon then. I will admit I am a casual player in destiny but I dont care much about my power unless I want to do something. I haven't done a raid yet because I was always to low and felt i would be a hindrance to everyone else but I dont want to be brought up my levels on the tears of someone else that just doesnt want to play the game properly there is no fun my titan has started to really rise in power now that I have put serious time in its not hard why can't they see that
add me on ps3/4 for call of duy, dynasty warriors, kill zone, sniper elite etc. psn: fiebrandt

User Info: Sloth9230

Sloth9230
1 week ago#4
These guys want something that could benefit them in the future nerfed because someone thought of it before them?

... smh, I did the same thing on one character, didnt get massive gains from it like he did but that initial boost was nice.

f***ing idiots man.
A Valiant Vain Villain

User Info: adonfraz

adonfraz
1 week ago#5
Possible. Some YTer Sweat made it to 640 as of yesterday.

I'm not much of a raider so I'm not concerned.

I'll raid next week. Just trying to hit 610+ and do the forge this week.

Edit: I do wish of thought of holding IB Spider/Ascendant bounties though....
XBL GT: Loyal Catalyst / PSN ID: Loyal_Catalyst
Nintendo Switch FC: 1019-0711-8232

User Info: -Bungle-

-Bungle-
1 week ago#6
You're seriously thinking about quitting this game because of the community?! When the f*** did people become so sensitive?

Of all the reasons to quit this game...
The problem isn't that Johnny can't read, or can't think. The problem is Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling. -Thomas Sowell-

User Info: krull

krull
1 week ago#7
If the community on Reddit or even here are too toxic for you...but you still enjoy the game, just freaking stop going to Reddit and or this board. Don't let the terrorists win!
Think not that we are beaten. Think not we are restrained. We stand, unflinching witness, defiant now, Unchained.
~To Strive To Seek To Find And Not To Yield~

User Info: Moukaryuu

Moukaryuu
1 week ago#8
I agree. When all the complainers came out swinging at Sleeper Stim in Gambit, I was horrified they were going to nerf that gun into oblivion for all modes. Glad they didn't, but that is generally Bungie's MO. I realize that occasionally there is a weapon that needs to be tweaked, but there is a difference between balancing a weapon that is too powerful and punishing people for learning how to use a weapon well. Bungie seems to tend toward appeasing, or at least appealing to everyone by taking the lazy way out and nerfing things when too much noise is being made. There will always immediately be a replacement with the same problem when they do that. They really should just leave it alone unless absolutely necessary.

Same goes for leveling methods. Someone figured out how to smartly level up using not an exploit, but intelligent use of bounties that have been in the game since inception. Most people will not play that way, so it makes no sense to nerf the method just to appease a few crybabies. It's not like nerfing the shotgun method in the LW raid. That was definitely not working as intended.
Now playing - Destiny 2: Forsaken (PS4); Skyrim HD (PS4)

User Info: Jonicite

Jonicite
1 week ago#9
Boomstick75 posted...
One of the most toxic communities in gaming. It’s part of the reason I haven’t played the game in over two months...the other being that it’s waaaay too time consuming in its current state. Too much ridiculous meaningless grind. I have a full time job and a girlfriend that lives with me. 40 Gambit matches for an auto rifle? 😂 f*** that s***.

I’m only checking in here to see when/if things change when new content releases. Good to see Bungie is still being Bungie. Good luck to those still sticking this out.

Hey there! Game is still fun! Came back for Forsaken and think they did a lot right recently. Then this new DLC came out.
PSN Alias: EmailFail | My Spirit Animal is Torgue.
Banned From Making Jokes Since 1/7/15

User Info: dubfire

dubfire
1 week ago#10
Bounty stacking?
XBOX - KyllSwych76, PSN - D31T3Y, Origin - PR43CH3R
Your weapon was built by the lowest bidder.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. A guy got to PL 650...
  • Topic Archived