• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. I just started Forsaken, and I'm very confused. *spoilers*

User Info: darkmaian23

darkmaian23
3 months ago#11
@advancewarsnut
Seriously? That's...odd. I wonder why Bungie can't keep the lore straight? I know Destiny had a troubled release and they initially just had to string some assets together to get some semblance of a story together so they could ship, but I'd expect that they'd have a consistent narrative by now.

User Info: hennethannun

hennethannun
3 months ago#12
advancewarsnut posted...
Rasputin in particular has been retconned so many times that details such as "who is he" or "what's his purpose" aren't going to have definitive answers unless literally all you know about him came from the Warmind expansion.

If you played D1, Rasputin was an AI in control of a huge network of military satellites. His core was located on Earth. The Vanguard knew where it was, and they also learned the hard way that Rasputin doesn't like visitors. That being said, we help Rasputin out when he gets attacked by Hive and Fallen at certain points in D1. Early on in D1's story, we activate a satellite array to map the cosmos and figure out where we're going next, and it also happens to expand Rasputin's access to his own satellites.

Later in D1, when we're on Mars, the Cabal are trying to hack into a computer network in a tower somewhere, and we discover that Rasputin got in there somehow and was keeping the Cabal out.

This got retconned with D2's Warmind expansion. Now, Rasputin's core was always on Mars, that thing on Earth we were defending in D1 was vaguely associated with him and still important but not all-important, he suddenly likes visitors again as long as they're named Ana Bray, and he's apparently incapable of dealing a worm god by himself even though I tickled it to death with Nameless Midnight last April.

Also "Charlemagne? Who is Charlemagne? There was only ever one warmind. . ."

(By which I mean D1 pretty clearly says that there were lots of warminds, including for example Charlemagne on Mars and Rasputin on Earth, and that Rasputin was the only one still around. But d2 explicitly says that Rasputin is and has always been the only warmind ever.)
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. I just started Forsaken, and I'm very confused. *spoilers*
  • Topic Archived