• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Can you get the nightfall exclusive loot without reaching a 50/100/200k score?

User Info: THE_PS1_PATRIOT

THE_PS1_PATRIOT
3 weeks ago#11
I just 2 manned Warden of Nothing and got 2 Wardens Law out the box at one time.

One of them was Currated and both has Rampage.
Warning: I have a different views about stuff so try not to get worked up. OK?

User Info: mike468

mike468
3 weeks ago#12
sephiroth068 posted...
Yeah they can still drop. Higher scores help increase the odds of Nightfall specific loot to drop but otherwise are not required for a drop to happen

I actually seriously doubt it.

All of my nightfall specific drops have come from speed runs, with a score less than 10k.

I haven't had any better luck farming nightfall specific rewards going for the high score, vs just a speed run to get though it faster.

I wouldn't mind bungie fixing this though. Maybe have the curated roles be a guaranteed drop for 100k+ run, while random rolls with a random drop chance for lower score.
Triggered fanboys,make the internet go round. In the most disgusting way

User Info: heavyd_092

heavyd_092
3 weeks ago#13
I'm with mike468 on this, I've never gotten a drop on any high score run. And only a few times has someone in my fireteam gotten one. Most of our drops come from speed runs.
HOLY SKAGSUCK! REPRESSED ANGER MUCH?

User Info: RedWhiteBlue

RedWhiteBlue
3 weeks ago#14
Lots of data has been gathered on reddit, but getting 200k, swapping to the emblem and 200k variant, then speed running with any score for the week, is the fastest method.

User Info: sephiroth068

sephiroth068
3 weeks ago#15
Well i only said what i said because thats what Bungie has said regarding the matter, but as has been said, it doesnt seem to matter all that much. If it does increase the drop chance, it cant be by very much
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean - Celestial Damnation

User Info: seoulspirit

seoulspirit
3 weeks ago#16
mike468 posted...
sephiroth068 posted...
Yeah they can still drop. Higher scores help increase the odds of Nightfall specific loot to drop but otherwise are not required for a drop to happen

I actually seriously doubt it.

All of my nightfall specific drops have come from speed runs, with a score less than 10k.

I haven't had any better luck farming nightfall specific rewards going for the high score, vs just a speed run to get though it faster.

I wouldn't mind bungie fixing this though. Maybe have the curated roles be a guaranteed drop for 100k+ run, while random rolls with a random drop chance for lower score.

Every high score run I've done, the NF specific drop was always curated
Real PSN: Seoul_Teamwork
Joke Destiny 2 PSN: An_Edge_Transit

sephiroth068
3 weeks ago#17
Could just be RNG, my Braytech Osprey obviously cant roll random rolls but it did drop Masterworked for Velocity. Maybe it would've dropped without a Masterwork on it if it had been less than 100k or something
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean - Celestial Damnation

User Info: GundamXionaz

GundamXionaz
3 weeks ago#18
heavyd_092 posted...
I'm with mike468 on this, I've never gotten a drop on any high score run. And only a few times has someone in my fireteam gotten one. Most of our drops come from speed runs.

The drops are based on your overall score. Once you achieve a high score you can go back to doing speed runs. You don’t need to constantly do high scores for it to drop. I don’t have the numbers of how much of a chance a high score improves the overall drops... but bungie has confirmed it does help.
PSN ID: GundamXionaz

sephiroth068
3 weeks ago#19
GundamXionaz posted...
heavyd_092 posted...

The drops are based on your overall score. Once you achieve a high score you can go back to doing speed runs. You don’t need to constantly do high scores for it to drop. I don’t have the numbers of how much of a chance a high score improves the overall drops... but bungie has confirmed it does help.

Ah that would explain it then. So it helps to get a high score run and then do speed runs if you dont get a drop the first time

User Info: heavyd_092

heavyd_092
3 weeks ago#20
sephiroth068 posted...
GundamXionaz posted...
heavyd_092 posted...

Ah that would explain it then. So it helps to get a high score run and then do speed runs if you dont get a drop the first time

Thanks for the confirm mate. That is what we had done. High score then just speed runs with it equipped. I just kept it equipped for the extra tokens.
HOLY SKAGSUCK! REPRESSED ANGER MUCH?
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Can you get the nightfall exclusive loot without reaching a 50/100/200k score?
  • Topic Archived