• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Instead of fixing Oathkeepers, Bungie is changing the text on the exotic perk

User Info: ecureuil

ecureuil
1 week ago#1
https://www.reddit.com/r/DestinyTheGame/comments/9veb3s/oathkeeper_hunter_exotic_adamantine_brace/

LOL.

This is now officially the most worthless exotic in the game.

User Info: Hanzoh

Hanzoh
1 week ago#2
This is the only forsaken hunter exotic I got.
Was looking forward to a fix... not this fix.

User Info: drpvfx

drpvfx
1 week ago#3
See, Bungie didn't fail here,
we simply had a flawed definition of failure.

User Info: nufrancis

nufrancis
1 week ago#4
LMAO... Wow.. that sucks.

Bungie really broke this Exotic. They should really improved the faster draw time perk not removed it.

This is a pure bad decision
PSN: raulshcalke07

User Info: Mochzuki

Mochzuki
1 week ago#5
drpvfx posted...

I'll repost what I just sent to my friend.

They salty cuz Bungie not finna "fix" Oathkeeper. This is one of thhose consumer vs developer issues. Players want it to decrease charge time but Bungie lowkey knows how OP it would be if it decreased it too much.It already does decrease charge time itt's just a barely noticeable difference and was listed in the perk. Players assumed like arrogant people that it was bugged and now that Bungie came outt and said it aint bugged they QQing now.

This is that disconnect that Bungie has between the players but I actually agree with Bungie. These people assumed the exotic was bugged, bungie is literally standing their ground and going. "No this is how the exotic works." These people don't realize tthat if you lower draw time/charge for a bow. You lower the TTK. Which means if it did what the players wanted it would be broken as f***. Bows are already lowkey broken in the right hands and with hunters already being a solid PVP class.... This would become THE meta for hunters.

Bows are already broken when you peak shoot with it and have high mobility to be able to do that in an extremely effective manner. Combine that with a Wishender and holding the charge, the damage buff it got, tthe insane damage bows already do, and a lowered TTK via this exotic as y'all wanted? How in the hell would you beat that? I saw a reddit comment asking for a 40-50% decrease in charge time.

It's a good thing none of y'all work for Bungie for PVP cuz y'all would just toss balance out the window. Let's leave the actual balance decisions to the people that get paid to do it.
PSN: Atsuki12345 , Warlock Max Power 591.6, Hunter Max Power 585.2, Titan Max Power 582.8
Slowly adding everybody to the ignore list since 8/27/2018.

User Info: sephiroth068

sephiroth068
1 week ago#6
Mochzuki posted...
drpvfx posted...

I'll repost what I just sent to my friend.

They salty cuz Bungie not finna "fix" Oathkeeper. This is one of thhose consumer vs developer issues. Players want it to decrease charge time but Bungie lowkey knows how OP it would be if it decreased it too much.It already does decrease charge time itt's just a barely noticeable difference and was listed in the perk. Players assumed like arrogant people that it was bugged and now that Bungie came outt and said it aint bugged they QQing now.

This is that disconnect that Bungie has between the players but I actually agree with Bungie. These people assumed the exotic was bugged, bungie is literally standing their ground and going. "No this is how the exotic works." These people don't realize tthat if you lower draw time/charge for a bow. You lower the TTK. Which means if it did what the players wanted it would be broken as f***. Bows are already lowkey broken in the right hands and with hunters already being a solid PVP class.... This would become THE meta for hunters.

Bows are already broken when you peak shoot with it and have high mobility to be able to do that in an extremely effective manner. Combine that with a Wishender and holding the charge, the damage buff it got, tthe insane damage bows already do, and a lowered TTK via this exotic as y'all wanted? How in the hell would you beat that? I saw a reddit comment asking for a 40-50% decrease in charge time.

It's a good thing none of y'all work for Bungie for PVP cuz y'all would just toss balance out the window. Let's leave the actual balance decisions to the people that get paid to do it.

Incoming hate responses to this comment in 3...2...1...
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean - Celestial Damnation

Mochzuki
1 week ago#7
I mean it's fine. Nobody seems to share my opinion. But it all started when one youtuber said it was "bugged" and now everybody said it was bugged. Just read this reddit comment.

[score hidden] an hour ago
If you can't fix the actual exotic piece to work as intended, why not completely rework it. Give it something else instead of scrapping half of the "perks". It's literally very "niche" considering bows aren't even very competitive.

This is that player/consumer vs developer disconnect. It can't be bugged, and it's obviously working as intended. Why? Because dmg posted what they were going to do. A developer decides what is a bug and what isn't. A bug is anything that works in a game but works outside of what the developer intended. If Bungie created that post and stated what they was gonna do? That means that's it. It's literally working as intended and it's not bugged. The players can call it a bug all they want but if Bungie declares it's not and it needs not fixing? Then that's Bungie.

Now if Bungie wants to actually do it later and appease the players? Thatt's on them but any sort of "fix" akin to the players would want would make bows all too OP for PVP. Hence why Bungie didn't do it in the first place.
PSN: Atsuki12345 , Warlock Max Power 591.6, Hunter Max Power 585.2, Titan Max Power 582.8

User Info: wyldside

wyldside
1 week ago#8
But the games balance is always been uneven, over the years it’s leaned one way or another, but Bungie has always had problems finding a middle ground

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
1 week ago#9
I didn't see anything concrete in the link. This is probably just a rumor.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

Mochzuki
1 week ago#10
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
I didn't see anything concrete in the link. This is probably just a rumor.

@Mr_Penguin_007

You must not follow Destiny on Reddit but to enlighten you Dmg is a certified Bungie employee that created a reddit account. Deej has one and Cozmo has one as well. I think there's two others as well but I dunno their handles. So the link is concrete and legit.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Instead of fixing Oathkeepers, Bungie is changing the text on the exotic perk
  • Topic Archived