You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. I'll admit it, I did not think this game under sold

User Info: MWXIII

MWXIII
1 week ago#1
news that destiny 2 under sold what they expected is kind of a shock to me.

I'm fully aware that destiny has a rocky player base, it's been that way awhile but I still thought the game sold ridiculous amounts.

I think there is going to be major changes in the future with how they handle DLC
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
PSN - MWXIII NSW- 772023730916 Steam - TyrXIII/Tyr Above All B.Net - MWXIII

User Info: -Bungle-

-Bungle-
1 week ago#2
News?
The problem isn't that Johnny can't read, or can't think. The problem is Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling. -Thomas Sowell-

User Info: MWXIII

MWXIII
1 week ago#3
-Bungle- posted...
News?

the Activision blizzard shareholder meeting just happened. they earned more than predicted and destiny 2 is underperforming
Karma, Truth, Vengeance
PSN - MWXIII NSW- 772023730916 Steam - TyrXIII/Tyr Above All B.Net - MWXIII

User Info: Game__Raider

Game__Raider
1 week ago#4
As much fun as I have had with Destiny 2, especially Forsaken, I am selfishly excited that this game did not sell as well as they were expecting. That can only mean good things for the consumer. To be fair, even though I love the game, its quite easy to see just how awful their DLC business model has been among other reasons why people abandoned the game in droves.

Very few console-based games should cost you $200 to experience the entire range of content. At the very least, you have to provide more content in a $40 season pass than Destiny 2 did with the pitiful Curse of Osiris and Warmind. Forsaken has been very solid, and if future expansions are more in line with Forsaken I will be pleased.

User Info: randomsentinel

randomsentinel
1 week ago#5
MWXIII posted...
news that destiny 2 under sold what they expected is kind of a shock to me.

Given how they were handing the game out for free, lowered the forsaken price and bundled it with dlc (after most people bought it from the first free run on PS+) and the refreshed campaign for recruit a friend I'm not surprised at all. It honestly felt pretty obvious when they offered the game for free right before Forsaken because that told us they didn't hit the preorder mark, and then the lowered price point following the release showed they didn't hit the sales goal at all.

I'm sorry if I sound like a smug a****** acting like I knew it because that wasn't my intention lol. This is more of my attempt to corroborate your findings via the timeline.
http://www.youtube.com/user/xShuffleFM
Rathalos for MVC3! "This is my last response to you forever" - XxZiomaxX

User Info: Mortoast

Mortoast
1 week ago#6
MWXIII posted...
the Activision blizzard shareholder meeting just happened. they earned more than predicted and destiny 2 is underperforming

Take a look at Black ops 4, it made 500 million in just three days, and still under performed in estimates.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-08/activision-plunges-after-forecast-misses-wall-street-estimates
I love my fluffy dragon <3
"Excellence is not an art, its pure habit. We are what we repeatedly do." - The Edge

randomsentinel
1 week ago#7
Mortoast posted...
MWXIII posted...

Take a look at Black ops 4, it made 500 million in just three days, and still under performed in estimates.

https://www.bloomberg.com/news/articles/2018-11-08/activision-plunges-after-forecast-misses-wall-street-estimates

Starting to remind me of Capcom tbh. These sales goals where they expect s*** like 2 million units sold on release or something.

User Info: wyldside

wyldside
1 week ago#8
Dodgy pricing, history of poor dlc, and being less than honest with their player base are just a few of the examples of why the game might be underperforming.

randomsentinel
1 week ago#9
wyldside posted...
Dodgy pricing, history of poor dlc, and being less than honest with their player base are just a few of the examples of why the game might be underperforming.

User Info: sephiroth068

sephiroth068
1 week ago#10
wyldside posted...

Pretty much this. I like Destiny and all but its not surprising to hear that Forsaken undersold. Frankly, almost nothing surprises me about Destiny anymore lol
Chapter 7, that's all you need to say to a Valkyria fan, they'll know what you mean - Celestial Damnation
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. I'll admit it, I did not think this game under sold