• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Shards of Galanor Proc

User Info: PapaGhosty

PapaGhosty
1 week ago#1
I was lucky enough to get the Shards to drop last night. I can't quite figure out how the procs work?
It seems most supers will give me 2 seconds of charge and about %20 super back.
I had read that it depends on the number of hits. If I hit a boss that doesn't die, that should mean the boss absorbed all the knives. And since everything hit, I should get a good amount of super back. Makes sense in theory, but is very inconsistent.
Does anyone have insight on how to get reliable returns?
GT - BrainFoot
PSN - FauxCohort

User Info: Dryheave999

Dryheave999
1 week ago#2
Nope. Love it but it is so inconsistent I can’t ever make heads or tails of it
"on than this day are or said to add content a great pain, but is other then in play" - englishman88

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
1 week ago#3
Could be that there are 5 chances at 20% refill or something. Kinda similar to Lucky Raspberry but the berry is an instant refill if it procs. It could be that for Galanor each of the refill chances is tied to a knife and each knife has it's own chance to proc it's portion of the refill.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
1 week ago#4
Honest it just seems random as hell I was in a gambit match the other day used it generated 2 orbs of light and got 70% of my super back

Used it again generated 7 orbs of light and got 30% back

That being said I still love them
PSN: Finn_H93

User Info: SilentSeph

SilentSeph
1 week ago#5
Its inconsistency makes it hard for me to favor over Ophidia Spathe, but I still like it.
Delicious and vicious, while maliciously nutritious.

User Info: PapaGhosty

PapaGhosty
1 week ago#6
Yeah it sounds like it's just random. That's kind of a bummer.
GT - BrainFoot
PSN - FauxCohort

User Info: -Bungle-

-Bungle-
1 week ago#7
Finally got mine too baby! Then minutes after got the Sixth Coyote in the Well.
The problem isn't that Johnny can't read, or can't think. The problem is Johnny doesn't know what thinking is; he confuses it with feeling. -Thomas Sowell-

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
1 week ago#8
PapaGhosty posted...
Yeah it sounds like it's just random. That's kind of a bummer.

I feel like the enemy type plays a factor I seem to always get more back if it kills orange bars I also suspect (however I may be wrong) that any kills you get with your weapon while the buff is active also adds to the super refill
PSN: Finn_H93

User Info: ecureuil

ecureuil
1 week ago#9
It’s based on the number of knives that hit, but it’s still random because you can’t control it too much. Let’s say four knives go to an enemy, the first one that gets there might kill the enemy and the other three following it miss, even though they look basically together. This is why you get more energy back from orange bar enemies - cause they often need more than one knife to kill.

There’s a degree of randomness to how the knives are thrown, but if you have a group of enemies spread out you can sweep the aim across them to fan the knives out more to get more hits.

User Info: Mr Penguin 007

Mr Penguin 007
1 week ago#10
Mr Penguin 007 posted...
Kinda similar to Lucky Raspberry but the berry is an instant refill if it procs. It could be that for Galanor each of the refill chances is tied to a knife and each knife has it's own chance to proc it's portion of the refill.

So it's probably not so much random, but a certain probability to proc per knife.
PSN: Coltoneus
"I smoke 'cause it gives me knowledge!" - Citizen of San Andreas
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Shards of Galanor Proc
  • Topic Archived