edgy new 15 motes in gambit+invader meme inside

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. edgy new 15 motes in gambit+invader meme inside

User Info: mikssimi

mikssimi
1 week ago#1
Just kidding.

If you lost 15 motes, it was your fault and not the fault of the game mode, Sleeper, or anything else you want to blame. You did not have enough situational awareness to realize that either the opposing team would be invading soon because they were close to 25/50 actual motes, or motes held. I have no clue how many times I've watched some potatoes just suicide run to the middle as the opposing team slams 3+ blockers in at the same time (or the blockers were already in the middle and nobody did anything about them with an invasion being imminent) and invades and just gets 15+15 motes lost kills from guys that could have deposited 5+5 once each so that the most they could have lost total was 10. Or I guess you could lose 15 motes to PVE. I don't know how that's possible but I've seen it before.

Not only was losing the 15 motes your fault, but almost surely losing the round because you set your team back 20% of the motes needed to summon a primeval was also your fault.

If part of your plan revolves around gathering 15 motes and you aren't in a 4 stack where everyone knows your plan is to possess 15 motes, you probably have a bad plan. It will be correct in rare occasions where you know there are no blockers in the middle, the opposing team somehow has no motes they can deposit to get blockers in the middle and invade, your team has just sent a ton of blockers, you already have 4+ motes and you see a high value that you can safely get to and kill and get back to the bank quickly. If you find losing motes to invaders frustrating or if you find Gambit frustrating, start depositing 5s over and over. I bet you'll find yourself losing rounds for your teams much less and probably having more fun since you'll get steamrolled by the opposing team less.

Sincerely, the guy cackling like a hyena as he Sleepers you by the bank between the blockers me and my team just sent out as you all run around like helpless forest creatures terrified of a tiger. But I wish my opponents played better to make matches more sporting, or didn't play absolutely terribly almost every time I get bored and solo queue for a quick match or two.

Stay tuned for the next installment; "Clear the f***ing blockers if you are in the back or any time you don't hold a lot of motes and your team does and the enemy is likely to invade soon"

User Info: jnsn87

jnsn87
1 week ago#2
b****es rely on sleeper to do their work for them...

That's all I have to say about that...
PSN-tooligan06 XBL-tooligan07
Currently Playing: Overwatch, Forza 7, SAO GGO, DBFZ, DBXV2, Rocket League, SotC Remastered, Destiny 2 (May), and Battlefield 4

User Info: mikssimi

mikssimi
1 week ago#3
jnsn87 posted...
b****es rely on sleeper to do their work for them...

That's all I have to say about that...

I like club sandwiches.

That's all I have to say about that.

I'm sorry you're either too stupid to farm the most efficient weapon for this game mode or that you feel some sense of accomplishment by playing in an intentionally inefficient way. I'm sure it must feel really awesome to kill me with a Wardcliff Coil once for every 20 times I kill you. Good job Timmy.

User Info: jnsn87

jnsn87
1 week ago#4
Well I just call them like I see them. Sleeper requires absolutely zero skill, so I must associate all that use it accordingly. I laugh at people when I tag them in the head across the map with Crooked Fang.

For the record I intentionally don't use Lazy Stimulant just because it feels cheap and requires no effort.
PSN-tooligan06 XBL-tooligan07
Currently Playing: Overwatch, Forza 7, SAO GGO, DBFZ, DBXV2, Rocket League, SotC Remastered, Destiny 2 (May), and Battlefield 4

User Info: Saphiro187

Saphiro187
1 week ago#5
@TC: You never lost a crapload of motes because you fell into one of the pits? Come on man.
I'm wondering how this is such a persistent thing in destiny. Falling to your death. In literally every area and every activity of the game you can fall to your death.

f*** destiny and it's cliffs/death holes/pits.

User Info: _wwKd_

_wwKd_
1 week ago#6
Saphiro187 posted...
@TC: You never lost a crapload of motes because you fell into one of the pits? Come on man.
I'm wondering how this is such a persistent thing in destiny. Falling to your death. In literally every area and every activity of the game you can fall to your death.

f*** destiny and it's cliffs/death holes/pits.

I had 15 motes only to run back to deposit but a blocker boops me with air to my death down a pit.

As a Warlock I have s*** recovery when that happens and I slowly drift down helplessly falling.

Then I wait for my teammates to use the penalty emote and shoot me in the lobby thing.
Yeezy Season Fast Approaching.
What Would Kobe Do? LoL GT:YeezusWest
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: Red_Armadillo

Red_Armadillo
1 week ago#7
Actually, the best strategy I've devised for playing with randoms is to not collect motes. This allows greedy hoarders and people who don't know how to play more opportunity to get their precious 15 faster. This then leads them to bank faster, thereby avoiding all the bad things that can happen to them.

It actually works quite well. The only problem is, I have a hard time completing my mote bounties.

The only time it doesn't work is when they have 11 or 8 motes after clearing a wave, and they don't bank and instead run all the way over to the new adds to get those precious few more. Even then, though, helping them get those last few motes quicker by killing the enemies in front of them is usually enough to get them back on track...sometimes.

User Info: AdventSoul

AdventSoul
1 week ago#8
Most of my deaths with motes come from bad situational awareness when near a cliff being shot at by a whole packs of mobs. Though occasionally when I see that the invader is coming I hoof it to bank my 10+ motes only to get one shot across the map. I know it's my fault for not hiding and waiting most games but it's beyond annoying a no skill one shot weapon can screw me over like that.

Granted I see where you're coming from, I could just hide and wait. However I don't have the same advantage as the invader, they can see me at all times. At the same time I could have banked motes sooner. After the first set of adds I always bank before running to the next part.

I have the Sleeper, I just feel cheap using it. I save it for the primal fight. However most games are lost because of teams where people get farmed during invasions or take way too long getting motes because everyone runs off by themselves.
Xbox 1 GT: AdventSoul05
Dragon's Dogma Pawn: Synestriel, Female
(edited 1 week ago)

User Info: calliburx

calliburx
1 week ago#9
I never used sleeper in Gambit until I got hit by it. After, if you can't beat em, join em.

User Info: terrysmay04

terrysmay04
1 week ago#10
Kinda curious what TC's gambit stats are.
Do you think parallel universe me is doing ok?
psn Dubious_Hyjinx
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. edgy new 15 motes in gambit+invader meme inside

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.