• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. So when the Drifter says you have enough why do people still farm for motes?

User Info: _wwKd_

_wwKd_
2 months ago#1
And then proceed to die and we go back having to farm again when the f***ing person could have just deposited them ASAP?!

Also. Is it normal for me to get kinda pissed off that I work hard killing an elite or whatever and a random teammate just cleans up the emotes and runs away?
Yeezy Season Fast Approaching.
What Would Kobe Do? LoL GT:YeezusWest

User Info: Neodash

Neodash
2 months ago#2
Maybe because of a bounty:

Deposit 25 small blockers
Deposit 15 medium blockers
Deposit 5 large blockers

Only thing I can think of.

User Info: xHuckleberry

xHuckleberry
2 months ago#3
I suggest not taking it so personal.

People are trying to have fun, not giving it another thought when you're over here damn near haunted by it.

That's not to say I don't get it.
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme ---- Steam: xhuckleberry(IM YER HUCKLEBERRY)
>Living proof of a dying dream.

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
2 months ago#4
_wwKd_ posted...
And then proceed to die and we go back having to farm again when the f***ing person could have just deposited them ASAP?!

Also. Is it normal for me to get kinda pissed off that I work hard killing an elite or whatever and a random teammate just cleans up the emotes and runs away?

Because they are idiots and Dante is constructing an eighth level of hell especially for them
PSN: Finn_H93

User Info: hishong

hishong
2 months ago#5
_wwKd_ posted...

Sometimes because they foolishly want to grab X more motes to get a blocker instead of just getting the the primeval up. Often I suspect they just don't fully understand how the game mode works so they don't know that the Drifter is telling them that they can summon a primeval immediately if they deposit their motes. Really wish there was a way to type in game to give people helpful advice because I think a lot of things that really frustrate people about Gambit are things that can be pretty quickly explained.

If they are taking the motes and depositing them at the appropriate time, no it's not normal. It's a team game. If they are hoarding them only to get killed by an invader, yes, it's understandably frustrating.

User Info: drpvfx

drpvfx
2 months ago#6
I don't know if the Drifter is particularly trustworthy.

Maybe we have enough motes to call a Primeval,
or maybe he's up to no good, and I'm not giving him my motes!
Never Ending Automatic Lorenzo's Artifact Gun
PSN: Empathogen

User Info: BoxTheMuppet

BoxTheMuppet
2 months ago#7
drpvfx posted...
I don't know if the Drifter is particularly trustworthy.

Maybe we have enough motes to call a Primeval,
or maybe he's up to no good, and I'm not giving him my motes!

Hmm. He also says “get me those motes, brother, and i’ll make you rich”. I keep feeding him motes but not once has he handed over a gold brick or a diamond or a nice useless pile of glimmer.

You may have a point.
#1 at absolutely nothing!

User Info: WarDog2016

WarDog2016
2 months ago#8
_wwKd_ posted...

Dropping more blockers ain't bad. That's why I clean up sometimes.

User Info: jnsn87

jnsn87
2 months ago#9
Because sometimes it's ok to have another ogre go out to slow the enemy team down. And instead of complaining about it, maybe help them out so they don't die on the way back... you know, like a team...
PSN-tooligan06 XBL-tooligan07
Currently Playing: Overwatch, Forza 7, SAO GGO, DBFZ, DBXV2, Rocket League, SotC Remastered, Destiny 2 (May), and Battlefield 4

User Info: BoxTheMuppet

BoxTheMuppet
2 months ago#10
jnsn87 posted...
Because sometimes it's ok to have another ogre go out to slow the enemy team down. And instead of complaining about it, maybe help them out so they don't die on the way back... you know, like a team...

I see this point but more often than not the person has 11 motes trying to get that 15 by themselves because everyone ran back and banked. You die with those motes and it’s a big loss of time. Get yours up first and you have a better shot at winning. Seconds count.

Not saying you are wrong on the ogre, but I tend to err on the side of caution. I would rather have the primeval pop up so I can burn down the wizards without worrying about invaders.
#1 at absolutely nothing!
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. So when the Drifter says you have enough why do people still farm for motes?
  • Topic Archived