• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Not getting what I want is kind of making me play the game less than...

User Info: Banterrific8

Banterrific8
1 month ago#1
...wanting to play more so that I get it.

I recently came back to D2 (first time player on the PS4) and have been playing it since the expansion came out. During that time I haven't got one single exotic to drop, so the only exotics I have are the ones I've bought from Xur. Now I really want Suros Regime because, although it's nothing special by any means, I was pretty good with it in D1 and prefer auto rifles in general.

But it seems like my only option at the minute is to wait until Friday and see if Xur is selling it. Today I finally had enough legendary shards to buy the fated engram (even though I knew the odds were absolutely piled against me), and got some s***ty helmet I'll never use instead.

I wish there were a way to guarantee an exotic you really want eventually, even if the cost were something ridiculous like 300 legendary shards or whatever. I understand that the exotic drop rate on D2 launch was overly lenient but I think they've definitely gone too far in the other direction this time.

User Info: mpchi

mpchi
1 month ago#2
Banterrific8 posted...
...I wish there were a way to guarantee an exotic you really want eventually, even if the cost were something ridiculous like 300 legendary shards or whatever...

Tried Fated Engram from Xur? That was exactly what you described, but costing 97 shards instead of 300. One per week on any purchaseble Y1 exotics weapon or armor for your class from an elimination list. So you will get your Suros eventually.

User Info: Banterrific8

Banterrific8
1 month ago#3
I get the feeling you didn't really read my post.

User Info: drpvfx

drpvfx
1 month ago#4
Xur's specific inventory was always the only option for this.
He'll eventually start selling new stuff, but for now, you can pick up some of the stuff you don't have.
Never Ending Automatic Lorenzo's Artifact Gun
PSN: Empathogen

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
1 month ago#5
i want to throw the ps4 out the window sometimes.

but yeah can't let it bother you too much lol.

rng along with some of bungis decisions will kick your ass from time to time.

you either continue playing or give up pretty much.

i have way too much invested into d2 to give up over some of the loot not dropping atm.

so yeah the moral is keep playing or hang it up again tc.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.

User Info: _wwKd_

_wwKd_
1 month ago#6
Is this your first random loot based/mmo or what?

Just because you're not getting what you want you're gonna call it in?
Yeezy Season Fast Approaching.
What Would Kobe Do? LoL GT:YeezusWest

User Info: Spewnami

Spewnami
1 month ago#7
What LL are you TC? Also, how many characters do you play?

User Info: Sloth9230

Sloth9230
1 month ago#8
_wwKd_ posted...
Is this your first random loot based/mmo or what?

Just because you're not getting what you want you're gonna call it in?

Why is this only an mmo when its convenient for you guys lol?
A Valiant Vain Villain

User Info: xHuckleberry

xHuckleberry
1 month ago#9
And this is why D2 was released the way it was, hahaha
GT: xHuckleberry --- PSN: yafeelme ---- Steam: xhuckleberry(IM YER HUCKLEBERRY)
>Living proof of a dying dream.

User Info: Locklan

Locklan
1 month ago#10
Eh I feel like there’s a middle ground that Bungie consistently fails to target. Overall this is better, if they can get the dupe protection to work....this isn’t the first time we’ve heard about it, and it ain’t happened yet....I think it will be in a good place. If they make it work.
"None are so fallible as those who are sure they're right"
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Not getting what I want is kind of making me play the game less than...
  • Topic Archived