• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. question about the new forsaken armor

User Info: Skootir

Skootir
3 months ago#1
so with armor now getting random rolls as well and new mod system does that mean at some point when you get enough grind in will the current armor be useless?

i have 1 of each character and each character has a minimum of 4 armor sets available 1 for each subclass usage and 1 set for raid usage and i've invested so much into them that will i just be deleting these eventually bc of the new armor and mod system?

follow up to this question will iron banner armor also be rendered useless and i'd have to regrind for new IB armor? each character has a set of that too and i'm just wondering how much of my current armor will be useless therefore end up deleting it eventually. i don't watch a lot of bungie videos or livestreams so i haven't heard much about the armor system.
PSN - Skootir
Life is like a box of chocolates...my box is empty

User Info: solidus_kalt

solidus_kalt
3 months ago#2
Y1 armor will not have any Y2 perks.

will these new perks make Y1 armor useless?

i hope so, or the new perks are garbage.
and Y1 armor will not even have Y1 perks anymore, cause the mods we have now are gone when Forsaken releases.

sorry, we all have some sets we really like.

User Info: HighVoltage87

HighVoltage87
3 months ago#3
Unless they retroactively add perks to our existing armor or give us a way to "upgrade" the armor to get perks, they will be worse than new armor.

User Info: HighVoltage87

HighVoltage87
3 months ago#4
solidus_kalt posted...
Y1 armor will not have any Y2 perks.

will these new perks make Y1 armor useless?

i hope so, or the new perks are garbage.
and Y1 armor will not even have Y1 perks anymore, cause the mods we have now are gone when Forsaken releases.

sorry, we all have some sets we really like.

I'm hoping year 1 sets will have year 2 versions we can earn.

Skootir
3 months ago#5
well its a shame i'll have to regrind for armor sets then but still i like random rolls and something to grind for the worst of it for me is the iron banner armor grind
PSN - Skootir

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
2 months ago#6
Yeah it all kinda sucks I just hope theres alot of cool new armor to get.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.

Skootir
2 months ago#7
youngskillz posted...

my hope is titan gets a better/bigger selection of good looking armor sets. i always felt titan got the bad end of the deal for armor appearances. there were only 5 sets i kept myself bc they were the only ones i found either decent looking or adequate. my personal favorite was the IB armor set the best of the 5 for me and prestige calus armor is my 2nd favorite. ikora set and shax set were my third and 4th favorites which isn't saying much i found them adequate at best as for my last armor set was below average on my personal rating system but still good enough to keep and that was NM armor set.

imo warlock and hunter right now have a bigger selection of either good looking armors or even amazing looking armor. i'm a titan main and i was sorely upset with the lack of selection for good looking armors based on my tastes
PSN - Skootir

Skootir
2 months ago#8
Skootir posted...
youngskillz posted...

my hope is titan gets a better/bigger selection of good looking armor sets. i always felt titan got the bad end of the deal for armor appearances. there were only 5 sets i kept myself bc they were the only ones i found either decent looking or adequate. my personal favorite was the IB armor set the best of the 5 for me and prestige calus armor is my 2nd favorite. ikora set and shax set were my third and 4th favorites which isn't saying much i found them adequate at best as for my last armor set was below average on my personal rating system but still good enough to keep and that was NM armor set.

imo warlock and hunter right now have a bigger selection of either good looking armors or even amazing looking armor. i'm a titan main and i was sorely upset with the lack of selection for good looking armors based on my tastes

i forgot to mention the season 1 eververse armor was actually also really good looking but i was unable to keep that set sadly
PSN - Skootir
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. question about the new forsaken armor
  • Topic Archived