• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Solstice Armor in Forsaken?

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
3 months ago#1
wonder if we'll be able to infuse it to higher light level?

i don't see why not but yeah if not that will kinda suck all the grinding we did for it lol.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.

User Info: Maestro_AN

Maestro_AN
3 months ago#2
it looks like all old armor will be useless- new armor will have perks on it. so we will toss all old armor immediately.

User Info: 3127

3 months ago#3
But fashionsouls

User Info: Brick_Top_

Brick_Top_
3 months ago#4
Maestro_AN posted...
it looks like all old armor will be useless- new armor will have perks on it. so we will toss all old armor immediately.

Exactly. Not sure why people aren't understanding this.

Like the EP gear. It's useless.

User Info: youngskillz

youngskillz
3 months ago#5
well that sucks if it doesn't serve much purpose beyond grinding for it an "having' it.

i don't understand why they do this....oh here grind for this armor but it's obsolete when forsaken starts?

lol crap.
Metal Bands -- Dawn of Ashes, Disarmonia Mundi, Words Of Farewell, I Spit Ashes, Urilia, Dark Portrait, Temple of Demigod, Sidious, Septic Flesh.

User Info: remmus64

remmus64
3 months ago#6
Meh stats ain't everything, plus it has at least one purpose (so the term useless is technically incorrect)

It's giving us a head start on the power level.

User Info: Howatizer

Howatizer
3 months ago#7
The Solstice armor set seems more like a way for a lot of the community to grab gear with near/max light level previous to Forsaken dropping. It will give a boost to the start of the new expansion.

The time to get the armor though is substantial, so it may not be worth it for a lot of players
Bet you can't say the words "Toy Boat" 10 times fast. It's impossible.

User Info: SpardaStonerule

SpardaStonerule
3 months ago#8
I think that Solstice Armor is a strong candidate for gaining perks. It seems absurd to have masterwork objectives for the armor only for it to not matter at all in the new expansion. That plus the armor glows.
PSN: DemonLordSparda

User Info: Spewnami

Spewnami
3 months ago#9
SpardaStonerule posted...
I think that Solstice Armor is a strong candidate for gaining perks. It seems absurd to have masterwork objectives for the armor only for it to not matter at all in the new expansion. That plus the armor glows.

I think we may have the option to "reroll" the solstice legendary gear somehow. It seems like too much of a waste to get for it only being useful this month (less than a month for some players like me, just accomplished legendary for my hunter). Plus we do get that glow.

It should be something that we can carry on forever, such as seeing a character with the full solstice and glow effects and making other players say: "Cool! Wish I had that!" or "Rock on! You did it!".

User Info: Spewnami

Spewnami
3 months ago#10
From TWAB, Masterwork upgrades will be available in Season 4 after the Forsaken launch. None of the other upgrades will be available, so get purple solstice gear as a priority?
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Solstice Armor in Forsaken?
  • Topic Archived