Game informer in-depth look at new supers

You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Game informer in-depth look at new supers

User Info: BoxTheMuppet

BoxTheMuppet
1 week ago#1
https://www.gameinformer.com/exclusive-video/2018/07/11/an-in-depth-look-at-destiny-2-forsakens-new-supers-and-subclass-branches
#1 at absolutely nothing!
(message deleted)

User Info: diablo7238

diablo7238
1 week ago#3
Oh man raids are gonna be so different now!!!! Damn I’m so amped!
Xbox Live GT: xX D1AI3LO Xx
PSN: Diablo7238

BoxTheMuppet
1 week ago#4
Brick_Top_ posted...
Gameinformer is my jam.

Get your own jam. Ya jammy prick.

Slow day at the Box house has me bored on the web.

I jam all the jams that need jamming. Maybe if you weren’t jamming elsewhere when this jam dropped you would have been the one jamming it.

User Info: spiralofnine

spiralofnine
1 week ago#5
Hard to speculate at the moment but the one new subclass class I'm worried about is the Gunslinger with the knives. Everything else looks pretty potent but right now DPS generally means void damage or Celestial Nighthawk and I'm not sure what niche that super fills with those other things already existing.

The knives do a ton of damage but I think it will have to do the most damage out there in order to see play. Hopefully Im wrong
meaningless code
(edited 1 week ago)

BoxTheMuppet
1 week ago#6
spiralofnine posted...
Hard to speculate at the moment but the one new subclass class I'm worried about is the Gunslinger with the knives. Everything else looks pretty potent but right now DPS generally means void damage or Celestial Nighthawk and I'm not sure what niche that super fills with those other things already existing.

The knives do a ton of damage but I think it will have to do the most damage out there in order to see play. Hopefully Im wrong

You ever use gunslinger in pvp? It’s a joke. Guns struggle to kill so I see the knives being more pvp viable.
As for pve, i would like to have a super I can use and not have to save for boss damage alone. We will have to see how this all unfolds.

User Info: diablo7238

diablo7238
1 week ago#7
Just imagine the damage output of the new arc strider subclass with triple damage and raiden flux. 😱 spire boss will be a joke. Thats not including the 25% extra damage bonus from the class item. Lol
Xbox Live GT: xX D1AI3LO Xx
PSN: Diablo7238

User Info: spiralofnine

spiralofnine
1 week ago#8
BoxTheMuppet posted...

You ever use gunslinger in pvp? It’s a joke. Guns struggle to kill so I see the knives being more pvp viable.
Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm seeing an activation super that involves jumping in the air, aiming, being in the right range and seems to have a delay on the damage trigger.

It looks possibly on par with Nova Bomb with Shatter so maybe I just need to give it a try. Again, its early, but I'm skeptical compared to how amazing some of these other abilities are.
meaningless code
(edited 1 week ago)

BoxTheMuppet
1 week ago#9
spiralofnine posted...
BoxTheMuppet posted...

Correct me if I'm wrong but I'm seeing an activation super that involves jumping in the air, aiming, being in the right range and seems to have a delay on the damage trigger.

It looks possibly on par with Nova Bomb so maybe I just need to give it a try. Again, its early, but I'm skeptical compared to how amazing some of these other abilities are.

In the video he does hit a single target with it. I might go back and see what numbers popped up but we don’t know his level or the level of the enemy but maybe it will give us a hint as to what this super can do.
It also might be an in-house build where the numbers don’t mean s***.

User Info: FinnH

FinnH
1 week ago#10
Always have been a night stalker always will be a night stalker and these changes sound super fun tbh
PSN: Finn_H93
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Game informer in-depth look at new supers

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.