Man this is becoming hilarious

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Man this is becoming hilarious

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
7 months ago#1
Bungie just keep screwing up in one way or another. The level of incompetence, ineptitude, and miscommunication is astronomical! They cant get through a week without causing another outrage. At first it was frustrating, then it became infuriating, then it became just sad, and now it has become just hilarious. It is like watching a comedy show.

They cant fix just one Lost Sector so they implement a global throttle?? I didnt get any tokens on my third Loot Sector run even though I completed it legitimately! Others claim they cant get tokens from other sources as well such as patrols or public events if they fall within that 10 minute throttle timer although I havent tested it myself. This throttle is on top of that already existing 30 engram per faction rally limit.

You cant get any new weapons from the Faction Engrams and that is not a bug so why exactly are we participating in the rally?? To top it all off they fail to communicate any of these changes prior to the event or even in the patch notes! How can they possibly keep effing up so bad??
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Destiny 2
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: biledriver

biledriver
7 months ago#2
Honestly nothing matters for awhile. People are so mad and tired of it that they will complain about everything until changes start coming. Regardless of what Bungie did, people would have raged about something for faction rally. Even though they should have expected little since we all know Bungie was on vacation and not doing anything for about a month.

Destiny playerbase is just generally pissed.
Listen to Tom Waits

User Info: narfa

narfa
7 months ago#3
It was pretty telling that the community manager had to go get clarification on the change to weapons in the faction rally. Not only is the player base left in the dark, the liaisons to the player base don't know either. Not really reassuring.
black out or get out.

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
7 months ago#4
It is amazing.

I have no interest in playing anymore.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: biledriver

biledriver
7 months ago#5
narfa posted...
It was pretty telling that the community manager had to go get clarification on the change to weapons in the faction rally. Not only is the player base left in the dark, the liaisons to the player base don't know either. Not really reassuring.

They never have. Deej didn't know anything and talked out his ass all through D1. You don't fail like Bungie has without a long trail of stuff being bad behind the scenes.
Listen to Tom Waits

User Info: narfa

narfa
7 months ago#6
Yeah, I knew it was bad but I guess I was falsely under the assumption after their bleeding heart, come-to-Jesus post last week about communication that they might be able to make it like at least a week before f***ing that up.
black out or get out.

User Info: fluxspider

fluxspider
7 months ago#7
WhillB posted...
It is amazing.

I have no interest in playing anymore.

Silver linings.
PSN: KarlanGreenleaf

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
7 months ago#8
biledriver posted...
Honestly nothing matters for awhile. People are so mad and tired of it that they will complain about everything until changes start coming. Regardless of what Bungie did, people would have raged about something for faction rally. Even though they should have expected little since we all know Bungie was on vacation and not doing anything for about a month.

I think the real problem is miscommunication or rather the lack of communication. Why couldn't they communicate the changes to people in advance if this was the plan all along and everything is working as intended? People suddenly find out they are not getting tokens from Loot Sector chests or new weapons present in the database arent dropping and Bungie hasnt said anything until now so they get pissed off. Then Bungie says everything is working as intended and the decisions become puzzling and baffling and lead to further outrage.
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Destiny 2
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: WhillB

WhillB
7 months ago#9
biledriver posted...

Why should people have expected little? No one was on vacation for a month. Two weeks TOPS, and that would only be for some if the upper management.

Regardless, there's zero excuse for any drop in production due to vacation time. Everything is planned out months in advance.

This isn't some factory that s*** down completely for some length 9f time.

Even if it was, you plan ahead for such things.

Believe me, I run a manufacturing business. There's no excuses, to customers, about holiday time off. This isn't Europe.
Bing, Bang, Boom... Squish?

User Info: Locklan

Locklan
7 months ago#10
I’m fascinated that they came up with a ten minute timer to address a bug in a single lost sector. I mean two minutes would have been enough to make farming it way less beneficial.
"None are so fallible as those who are sure they're right"
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Man this is becoming hilarious

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived