• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. The changes they are making to the raid loot is not good.

User Info: dom316

dom316
10 months ago#41
I am liking the vendor change. If it is anything like any of the other vendor items, it will require a few raid clears before being up for purchase.

What I really wish is that the Raid gear would be like Trials of Osiris gear from D1, where those who got flawless would get an extra perk and the skin would be different. That way, we can get the base item, yet have something to shoot for.
Don't you put that evil on me Ricky Bobby! Don't you put that evil on us! YOU ARE NOT PARALYZED!
R.I.P. Michael Clarke Duncan

User Info: sadiztic666

sadiztic666
10 months ago#42
AnonymousFriend posted...
sadiztic666 posted...

I just dont think raid loot should be sold by a vendor, especially when they are ALSO going to drop from every encounter. It's overkill and going to make it way too easy to get the full sets.

Why?

Please give a non-BS, non-a****** answer?

The raid is especially difficult. None of them are. The hardest part is finding a team willing to do it and teach someone who doesn't know it. The ine time i was in the first raid in this game, we breezed through every encounter until the bathers. And only stopped before it was super late.

Because I think that only 1 change needs to happen. Either give us loot at each encounter, or let us buy them. Going by how most games are with raids, and especially how Destiny 1 is, loot at every encounter is good enough. I just don't see the appeal in buying specific raid gear with tokens. It trivializes the gear more than it already is.

I'm just an old school gamer and Destiny 1 raids had that special feeling when you got the piece of gear you were chasing for however long. Destiny 2 does not have that. If I am after a specific piece I will just be able to go buy it after running it on 3 characters. The chase is gone then. Instead of "I hope I get the chest piece!" It will be "Well if I don't get the chest piece this run I'll just buy it." It's not remotely exciting as it is to finish an encounter and see the piece you were looking for pop up on the screen. Where is that in this game?

User Info: anony778

anony778
10 months ago#43
sadiztic666 posted...
sadiztic666 posted...

I just dont think raid loot should be sold by a vendor, especially when they are ALSO going to drop from every encounter. It's overkill and going to make it way too easy to get the full sets.

Why?

The raid is especially difficult. None of them are. The hardest part is finding a team willing to do it and teach someone who doesn't know it. The ine time i was in the first raid in this game, we breezed through every encounter until the bathers. And only stopped before it was super late.

Because I think that only 1 change needs to happen. Either give us loot at each encounter, or let us buy them. Going by how most games are with raids, and especially how Destiny 1 is, loot at every encounter is good enough. I just don't see the appeal in buying specific raid gear with tokens. It trivializes the gear more than it already is.

I'm just an old school gamer and Destiny 1 raids had that special feeling when you got the piece of gear you were chasing for however long. Destiny 2 does not have that. If I am after a specific piece I will just be able to go buy it after running it on 3 characters. The chase is gone then. Instead of "I hope I get the chest piece!" It will be "Well if I don't get the chest piece this run I'll just buy it." It's not remotely exciting as it is to finish an encounter and see the piece you were looking for pop up on the screen. Where is that in this game?

Destiny 2 would have been much better without raining exotics. 5-10 exotics a month a person can get by random chance is ideal I think. And ability to make actual builds to support that exotic item’s playstyle.

Bungie just doesn’t get it. Fated engrams and then more raid gears hand outs? wtf

sadiztic666
10 months ago#44
anony778 posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
sadiztic666 posted...

Why?

Destiny 2 would have been much better without raining exotics. 5-10 exotics a month a person can get by random chance is ideal I think. And ability to make actual builds to support that exotic item’s playstyle.

Bungie just doesn’t get it. Fated engrams and then more raid gears hand outs? wtf

I completely agree. This game just s***s out gear so easily.

User Info: Captnhowdy86

Captnhowdy86
10 months ago#45
narfa posted...
Raid loot sucks for a number of reasons:

1. Light level doesn't matter

2. Max light level is obtainable from doing anything anyway

3. Gear drops so often it becomes meaningless

4. Armor is ultimately cosmetic because all the stats are boring and only one works

Nothing in that update addresses any of those cores issues. It's sort of baffling how they're so clueless to the core issues they think "Hey, people want MORE useless gear" was the solution.

I mainly miss the raid gear having perks that pertain to the raid like more damage to a certain enemy type or a boost in stats for parts of the raid etc. It's even worse that prestige gear is solely cosmetic as well. It just took the fun out of collecting the gear for me at least it does.
PSN-captnhowdy86
GT-captnhowdy86

User Info: Drkr_Zen

Drkr_Zen
10 months ago#46
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
yeah but you have to grind for tokens to get full armour set, so it's not that easy. Also you might be able to run the Raid just for weapons or masterwork items.

Yeah but you should have to grind the raid and deal with RNG for the gear. I mean what is this game? We can just go buy the raid gear from a vendor? Hey I am missing my head piece now I can just go buy it. Remember running Oryx for that bloody headpiece? If you didnt get it for 3 weeks in a row, you couldn't just go buy it and call it a day.

I think this change is awful. They are making raids even more meaningless than they already are.

Raids have never been meaningless. Also I love the new addition. I like that you can buy the armour piece. And also Raids have been fun for me whether it was for gear or not. I always have a dedicated team running the Raid. In fact I cleared EoW already 22 times. Just having a blast with friends. Don't even give a flying f*** about the new ugly new Raid armour set. Just running it for hopes of a Masterwork item and having fun with friends.

Yeah but this change is totally unnecessary. We just wanted gear from the encounters, not tokens. That was the problem.

You shouldn't be able to buy raid gear from a vendor. That is is so casual it's not even funny, and I hate using that word "casual". But it fits too perfectly here. Just the idea of buying raid gear is so silly for a loot based game. It would be like being able to buy Sets in Diablo with some currency you get for doing greater rifts. It's just awful.

you still have to grind to get the Tokens for buying the gear. So it's not like it's for free. It still takes time. And I like this better than what we currently have because now I can easily get whatever I like.

They are killing the sense of accomplishment. There is no feeling of accomplishment when you go and buy a gear piece from a vendor. There is ZERO excitement there. You must not have played D1.

...Continues to disregard the fact that you still have to grind to get Tokens in order to purchase the gear, and defends RNG as an "accomplishment."

Move along, nothing to see here, people, but a fail thread.
GOTY 2017: Horizon: Zero Dawn
Top 5 GOAT: Secret of Mana, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls

sadiztic666
10 months ago#47
Drkr_Zen posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
yeah but you have to grind for tokens to get full armour set, so it's not that easy. Also you might be able to run the Raid just for weapons or masterwork items.

Yeah but you should have to grind the raid and deal with RNG for the gear. I mean what is this game? We can just go buy the raid gear from a vendor? Hey I am missing my head piece now I can just go buy it. Remember running Oryx for that bloody headpiece? If you didnt get it for 3 weeks in a row, you couldn't just go buy it and call it a day.

I think this change is awful. They are making raids even more meaningless than they already are.

Raids have never been meaningless. Also I love the new addition. I like that you can buy the armour piece. And also Raids have been fun for me whether it was for gear or not. I always have a dedicated team running the Raid. In fact I cleared EoW already 22 times. Just having a blast with friends. Don't even give a flying f*** about the new ugly new Raid armour set. Just running it for hopes of a Masterwork item and having fun with friends.

Yeah but this change is totally unnecessary. We just wanted gear from the encounters, not tokens. That was the problem.

You shouldn't be able to buy raid gear from a vendor. That is is so casual it's not even funny, and I hate using that word "casual". But it fits too perfectly here. Just the idea of buying raid gear is so silly for a loot based game. It would be like being able to buy Sets in Diablo with some currency you get for doing greater rifts. It's just awful.

you still have to grind to get the Tokens for buying the gear. So it's not like it's for free. It still takes time. And I like this better than what we currently have because now I can easily get whatever I like.

They are killing the sense of accomplishment. There is no feeling of accomplishment when you go and buy a gear piece from a vendor. There is ZERO excitement there. You must not have played D1.

...Continues to disregard the fact that you still have to grind to get Tokens in order to purchase the gear, and defends RNG as an "accomplishment."

Move along, nothing to see here, people, but a fail thread.

RNG is apart of loot games so when you get rid of it you do lose some sense of an accomplishment. Take Diablo 3 for instance what if they sold the sets? That would be horrible.

You don't grind tokens in this. Where do you get that from? You can run Leviathan in an hour for 1 character and with challenges complete you can get enough tokens to buy 2 items, if Bungie is keeping them the same cost as other vendors. So after 3 characters running it in 3 hours, plus getting gear at every single encounter, you will be able to get all of the gear pretty damn fast.

As if this game wasn't casual enough now you'll be able to buy all your raid gear. Think of D1 if you could just buy the King's Fall helmet. You never had to go through the damn thing and Oryx to try to get it once a week (or 3 with multiple same class chars). It would have been f***ing stupid.

User Info: AnonymousFriend

AnonymousFriend
10 months ago#48
sadiztic666 posted...
sadiztic666 posted...

Why?

Personally, I raided every week D1. I didn't get max light in vanilla. And didn't get the Vault Hunter boots til almost House of Wolves. With Crota's End, I may have gotten full armor sets the second or third week. It took an insane amount of time to get Black Hammer. Prison of Elders had armor being sold and, if I'm remembering correctly, a way to get an armor drops. For the life if me, I can recall how you got them outside of buying them. I started out with the vendor set that was 500 Strength, and eventually I got a better set. With King's Fall, I didn't make it to max light because of missing either class items. And with Wrath of the Machine, I never recieved either if the full sets and did not unlock the two raid shaders.

By the time i finally got my sets complete, i didn't feel no sense of "accomplishment". All I could think was "It's about damn time".
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend

sadiztic666
10 months ago#49
sadiztic666 posted...
sadiztic666 posted...

Why?

Personally, I raided every week D1. I didn't get max light in vanilla. And didn't get the Vault Hunter boots til almost House of Wolves. With Crota's End, I may have gotten full armor sets the second or third week. It took an insane amount of time to get Black Hammer. Prison of Elders had armor being sold and, if I'm remembering correctly, a way to get an armor drops. For the life if me, I can recall how you got them outside of buying them. I started out with the vendor set that was 500 Strength, and eventually I got a better set. With King's Fall, I didn't make it to max light because of missing either class items. And with Wrath of the Machine, I never recieved either if the full sets and did not unlock the two raid shaders.

By the time i finally got my sets complete, i didn't feel no sense of "accomplishment". All I could think was "It's about damn time".

One terrible case of bad luck with RNG requires a vendor to sell raid gear now? lol

User Info: AnonymousFriend

AnonymousFriend
10 months ago#50
sadiztic666 posted...
One terrible case of bad luck with RNG requires a vendor to sell raid gear now? lol

One?

Just about every player has a terrible case of bad RNG. And i didn't even meantion my worse one. It me 1500 hours over six months before i finally got myself a Gjallarhorn. Then for five months after that, i would recieve two a week.
Nothing is over-rated. Your opinion is just outnumbered.
PSN ID/Gamertag - AnonymousFriend
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. The changes they are making to the raid loot is not good.
  • Topic Archived