The changes they are making to the raid loot is not good.

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. The changes they are making to the raid loot is not good.

User Info: sadiztic666

sadiztic666
7 months ago#51
AnonymousFriend posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
One terrible case of bad luck with RNG requires a vendor to sell raid gear now? lol

One?

Just about every player has a terrible case of bad RNG. And i didn't even meantion my worse one. It me 1500 hours over six months before i finally got myself a Gjallarhorn. Then for five months after that, i would recieve two a week.

Lol. Week 1 Xur sold it and everyone was like "an exotic rocket launcher? That sucks!" Oh how it didnt suck at all.

User Info: skermac

skermac
7 months ago#52
I hate rng and I would prefer to get everything in the game from a vendor
To the edge of the universe and back, endure and survive

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
7 months ago#53
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
yeah but you have to grind for tokens to get full armour set, so it's not that easy. Also you might be able to run the Raid just for weapons or masterwork items.

Yeah but you should have to grind the raid and deal with RNG for the gear. I mean what is this game? We can just go buy the raid gear from a vendor? Hey I am missing my head piece now I can just go buy it. Remember running Oryx for that bloody headpiece? If you didnt get it for 3 weeks in a row, you couldn't just go buy it and call it a day.

I think this change is awful. They are making raids even more meaningless than they already are.

It will not be as simple as you think. You cannot buy a piece directly. You will need Calus tokens, legendary shards and received at least a certain of Benedict engrams before you can buy a specific piece. In order to buy the final piece of armor you need to have recieved at least 10 engrams or in other words, should have submitted at least 200 calus tokens. That is how I had to collect my Osiris gear set from Brother Vance..
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Destiny 2
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

sadiztic666
7 months ago#54
AsimLeonheart posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
yeah but you have to grind for tokens to get full armour set, so it's not that easy. Also you might be able to run the Raid just for weapons or masterwork items.

Yeah but you should have to grind the raid and deal with RNG for the gear. I mean what is this game? We can just go buy the raid gear from a vendor? Hey I am missing my head piece now I can just go buy it. Remember running Oryx for that bloody headpiece? If you didnt get it for 3 weeks in a row, you couldn't just go buy it and call it a day.

I think this change is awful. They are making raids even more meaningless than they already are.

It will not be as simple as you think. You cannot buy a piece directly. You will need Calus tokens, legendary shards and received at least a certain of Benedict engrams before you can buy a specific piece. In order to buy the final piece of armor you need to have recieved at least 10 engrams or in other words, should have submitted at least 200 calus tokens. That is how I had to collect my Osiris gear set from Brother Vance..

That's if they implement it the same as other vendors.

Being that people seem to be complaining about it for some reason, I imagine they will make it a lot easier.

User Info: nickeldreadful

nickeldreadful
7 months ago#55
sadiztic666 posted...
It is going to be far too easy to obtain the full set.

That suggests that it isnt now...

AsimLeonheart
7 months ago#56
sadiztic666 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...

Being that people seem to be complaining about it for some reason, I imagine they will make it a lot easier.

Why would it be any different than the rest of the vendors?? There is no evidence to indicate that. In fact, the evidence indicates otherwise since all other vendors require quite some work to be able to buy all the pieces. People are just too eager to hate on D2 for every little reason they can find.

sadiztic666
7 months ago#57
AsimLeonheart posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...

Why would it be any different than the rest of the vendors?? There is no evidence to indicate that. In fact, the evidence indicates otherwise since all other vendors require quite some work to be able to buy all the pieces. People are just too eager to hate on D2 for every little reason they can find.

Because raid loot is nowhere near the same as some s***ty planet vendor.

AsimLeonheart
7 months ago#58
sadiztic666 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...

Actually it is the same as any other "s***ty" planet vendor gear. In fact it is worse because several raid sets are mobility sets despite recovery being the most useful stat. That is what people have been complaining about since D2 raids launched. There are no raid specific perks for now so they are basically the same armor as any other besides appearance. Anyway, there is still no evidence or precedence to indicate that purchasing from Benedict would be any different than the rest of the vendors. There is no reason for one vendor operate under different rules than the rest.

sadiztic666
7 months ago#59
AsimLeonheart posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
AsimLeonheart posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...

Actually it is the same as any other "s***ty" planet vendor gear. In fact it is worse because several raid sets are mobility sets despite recovery being the most useful stat. That is what people have been complaining about since D2 raids launched. There are no raid specific perks for now so they are basically the same armor as any other besides appearance. Anyway, there is still no evidence or precedence to indicate that purchasing from Benedict would be any different than the rest of the vendors. There is no reason for one vendor operate under different rules than the rest.

Still no reason why this change isnt s*** either.

User Info: Drkr_Zen

Drkr_Zen
7 months ago#60
Still defending RNG as a mechanic or accomplishment? Its lazy game design.

Defending it makes you sound like you belong in the BUNGiE PR department, lol.
GOTY 2017: Horizon: Zero Dawn
Top 5 GOAT: Secret of Mana, Bloodborne, The Witcher 3, Borderlands 2, Dark Souls
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. The changes they are making to the raid loot is not good.

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived