• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. The changes they are making to the raid loot is not good.

User Info: sadiztic666

sadiztic666
10 months ago#1
It is going to be far too easy to obtain the full set.

They should have gotten rid of the raid vendor and just made the change to giving raid loot at every encounter. I am not sure why they are also selling the loot at the vendor and still having tokens. D1 raids just had loot at every encounter. Whether you got what you wanted or not was part of the game. Now you can run the raid and not get what you want and then just go and buy it? So we'll get full sets in what, 2 weeks if you have 3 characters?

Part of the fun is running the raid to get the gear, not buying specific pieces from a bloody vendor.

User Info: Cosmickadet

Cosmickadet
10 months ago#2
yeah but you have to grind for tokens to get full armour set, so it's not that easy. Also you might be able to run the Raid just for weapons or masterwork items.
Only play Destiny 2 atm.

sadiztic666
10 months ago#3
Cosmickadet posted...
yeah but you have to grind for tokens to get full armour set, so it's not that easy. Also you might be able to run the Raid just for weapons or masterwork items.

Yeah but you should have to grind the raid and deal with RNG for the gear. I mean what is this game? We can just go buy the raid gear from a vendor? Hey I am missing my head piece now I can just go buy it. Remember running Oryx for that bloody headpiece? If you didnt get it for 3 weeks in a row, you couldn't just go buy it and call it a day.

I think this change is awful. They are making raids even more meaningless than they already are.

Cosmickadet
10 months ago#4
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...

Yeah but you should have to grind the raid and deal with RNG for the gear. I mean what is this game? We can just go buy the raid gear from a vendor? Hey I am missing my head piece now I can just go buy it. Remember running Oryx for that bloody headpiece? If you didnt get it for 3 weeks in a row, you couldn't just go buy it and call it a day.

I think this change is awful. They are making raids even more meaningless than they already are.

Raids have never been meaningless. Also I love the new addition. I like that you can buy the armour piece. And also Raids have been fun for me whether it was for gear or not. I always have a dedicated team running the Raid. In fact I cleared EoW already 22 times. Just having a blast with friends. Don't even give a flying f*** about the new ugly new Raid armour set. Just running it for hopes of a Masterwork item and having fun with friends.
Only play Destiny 2 atm.

sadiztic666
10 months ago#5
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...

Raids have never been meaningless. Also I love the new addition. I like that you can buy the armour piece. And also Raids have been fun for me whether it was for gear or not. I always have a dedicated team running the Raid. In fact I cleared EoW already 22 times. Just having a blast with friends. Don't even give a flying f*** about the new ugly new Raid armour set. Just running it for hopes of a Masterwork item and having fun with friends.

Yeah but this change is totally unnecessary. We just wanted gear from the encounters, not tokens. That was the problem.

You shouldn't be able to buy raid gear from a vendor. That is is so casual it's not even funny, and I hate using that word "casual". But it fits too perfectly here. Just the idea of buying raid gear is so silly for a loot based game. It would be like being able to buy Sets in Diablo with some currency you get for doing greater rifts. It's just awful.

Cosmickadet
10 months ago#6
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...

Yeah but this change is totally unnecessary. We just wanted gear from the encounters, not tokens. That was the problem.

You shouldn't be able to buy raid gear from a vendor. That is is so casual it's not even funny, and I hate using that word "casual". But it fits too perfectly here. Just the idea of buying raid gear is so silly for a loot based game. It would be like being able to buy Sets in Diablo with some currency you get for doing greater rifts. It's just awful.

you still have to grind to get the Tokens for buying the gear. So it's not like it's for free. It still takes time. And I like this better than what we currently have because now I can easily get whatever I like.
Only play Destiny 2 atm.

sadiztic666
10 months ago#7
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...

you still have to grind to get the Tokens for buying the gear. So it's not like it's for free. It still takes time. And I like this better than what we currently have because now I can easily get whatever I like.

They are killing the sense of accomplishment. There is no feeling of accomplishment when you go and buy a gear piece from a vendor. There is ZERO excitement there. You must not have played D1.

User Info: Id the Demon

Id the Demon
10 months ago#8
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...

They are killing the sense of accomplishment. There is no feeling of accomplishment when you go and buy a gear piece from a vendor. There is ZERO excitement there. You must not have played D1.

I disagree with you and I played destiny 1
There's no such thing as miracles, only the inevitable and the accidental, and what we do.
PSN ID: idthedemon5353

sadiztic666
10 months ago#9
Id the Demon posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...

I disagree with you and I played destiny 1

Yeah because you have the "every kid gets a trophy" mentality.

Cosmickadet
10 months ago#10
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...
sadiztic666 posted...
Cosmickadet posted...

I have over 150 Raid clears in D1. After collecting all the gear, I only played Raids for fun because it's unique and not in many games. D1 Raids are 30x more exciting than D2.

This new change of Vendor selling Raid gear actually made it better because now you can decide which one you like.
Only play Destiny 2 atm.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. The changes they are making to the raid loot is not good.
  • Topic Archived