Weird lagging deathballing team in crucible

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Weird lagging deathballing team in crucible

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
9 months ago#1
Man, had a really bad crucible night tonight... KD dropped by two points. Still cant get it off my mind for getting my ass kicked so bad. So I was playing crucible at the Endless Vale map tonight and I met a weird overwhelming and deathballing team. We were already only 3 guys and the other team was a clan team of 4. The match starts, I run towards the Power Ammo and the whole team is over there. Suddenly they start running together towards me so I throw a grenade. Nothing happens and they keep charging. I punch one of them as they get near me and nothing happens. Then they run past me and get stuck in the wall behind me. I am looking at them puzzled when they suddenly vanish and are back near the Power Ammo box and have already picked the ammo and massacring the other 2 guys. Then I retreat to the far end of the map to regroup and suddenly all four of them are surrounding me there as well and then I am dead.

One of the other guys leaves and now it is 2 against four. I finally get the hold of one guy and is about to shoot him down but I get lagged out as well with a baboon error. After a while I am back in the match and now we are 3 guys again. Everybody is still getting their asses kicked as the clan team is just running around bulldozing everybody and bullets just not hurting them as they are running around. This hunter took us on 1 on 2 and killed one of us. He turned around and I kept shooting him in the back but no damage. Then another guy suddenly leaves our party and we are back to 2 again. I finally left the match as well after running around confused, getting my ass kicked, and couldnt figure out what the hell was going on. They were just constantly running, teleporting, and killing everybody. So what was going on there? Bad connection? Was it mine or was it the other team's?? Some kind of cheating? Bad servers? How come the whole team just ran past me and got stuck in the wall behind me and then just teleported back near the power ammo box??
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Destiny 2
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: fluxspider

fluxspider
9 months ago#2
I don't know without seeing it first hand. Sounds like bad connections. Them communicating "the deathball" effectively. The people who quit leaving you short handed. It all added up into the perfect storm of tilt inducing gameplay.
The Vexecution Squad [VEX]
PSN: KarlanGreenleaf

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
9 months ago#3
fluxspider posted...
I don't know without seeing it first hand. Sounds like bad connections. Them communicating "the deathball" effectively. The people who quit leaving you short handed. It all added up into the perfect storm of tilt inducing gameplay.

I have always wondered how can I tell if my connection is bad or the other guy's under various scenarios? For example,

My bullets taking about a second long before the damage numbers start popping out of the other guy.

The other guy just suddenly covering a large distance as he just slides (rubberbanding??) or teleports around you.

Me suddenly dying even though I started shooting as soon as I see an enemy. It feels like we started shooting each other at the same time but I die in a split second while the other guys's health is barely half.

I often feel getting screwed in a firefight due to the above three scenarios and I wonder is there anything I can do to remedy it. The damage numbers starting popping out late is the most common out of the three. I feel like I have been shooting the guy in the head for ages and he should be dead by now but I die first.
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Destiny 2
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: ShadowbladerX15

ShadowbladerX15
9 months ago#4
I wonder too. I chuck two skip grenades and watch all the projectiles hit the target. The target takes only a fraction of the damage. Didn't even take 1/4 of his health
The balance between hope and despair is always at zero. One has to be cursed to balance out another's happiness. - Sayaka Miki
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Weird lagging deathballing team in crucible

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived