The Zerging, Camping and Deathballing have ruined Crucible!

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. The Zerging, Camping and Deathballing have ruined Crucible!

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
11 months ago#1
This is a somewhat long rant so I apologize in advance. I just wanted to share my frustration with other fellow gamers about the state of D2 PvP.

I have finally given up on PvP after playing it for 2 months. Initially, it was fine and many people were playing their own way. There were many different playstyles with lone wolves, doubles/couples running around, team shooting, and flanking etc. Hell, I was even defending it when people complained about teamshooting rising since I didnt find it to be an issue then. But now I see what those people were talking about.

Now that the meta has settled, it is all zerging, deathballing, and camping! You either stay with your team and camp/deathball with them or get teamshot by a firing squad if you choose to do something else! Man I have even seen people lineup like a firing squad soldiers with two kneeling in the front while two standing in the back as all four of them hardscope a lane! Power weapons are moving to only rocket launchers to get the most kills since everybody is sticking together. If you use any other like sword/shotgun/fusion then you have to get close and expose yourself, only to get teamshot.

So what does the other team do in response?? They build their own firing squad and take over the other power ammo box if possible. Now both teams just camp at their opposite spots and peek out of cover to get a few shots and then take cover again to recover their health. If you want to stay alive then join them or die trying to flank or do something else. WTF is this!? This isnt fun! This is not "teamwork!" It is just zerging/deathballing around the map or team camping near power ammo box, where people build a firing squad and execute anybody in front of them! I didnt like the special ammo abuse in D1 with rampant shotguns and snipers but this is just as bad. At least D1 crucible was fun and not a frustrating zerging campathon where you are forced to play only one way or get executed by a firing squad!

I think I need a break from D2 until Bungie patch this s*** up. The PvE has nothing left to do after reaching max power level especially with no meaningful rewards for Prestige modes and PvP has been destroyed by zerging. Time to play something else. Just started the Mass Effect Trilogy and maybe will play AC Origins.
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Destiny 2
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: Jacquard

Jacquard
11 months ago#2
My only complaint is about heavy ammo, where it's available almost immediately, and only one person per station gets it. Invariably, this leads to sword-crouchers. The old system was better, where everyone got heavy, providing they got back to the ammo box, and it was a free-for-all. The new system, which encourages cheap ambushes, is less fun.

User Info: DXMG

DXMG
11 months ago#3
So wait, people all bunching up and staying at the back of the map is "zerging"?

You dont know what Zerg actually are do you??

User Info: profmaxhammer

profmaxhammer
11 months ago#4
i think you just like saying "zerging and deathballing" your entire post is just you repeating the same complaint 3-4 times. I mean, what the zerg!?
My name is Professor Max Hammer, and I'm here to save the world.

User Info: gigoran

gigoran
11 months ago#5
All I see here is people playing a game they purchased however they like. Apart from no cheating, there are no rules on playing the game. There is no way you HAVE to play. Some tactics work and some don't. Heck my team finds a strategic area go into formation and we win most of the time. Did we cheat? Did we play unfairly? Nope. We broke up into group and defended choke points. Die almost as much as the other team, and sometimes pull off a win. But that's the beauty of it because In purchasing the game we have a right to play as we deem fit. By the sounds of it, multiplayer games are not good for you. You can't make people play the way you want. If you made a game you could make the rules and force the play style on them.
Cal Naughton, Jr.: Shake and bake!
Ricky Bobby: What does that do? Does that blow your mind? That just happened!

AsimLeonheart
11 months ago#6
Forget it man... You try talking to people online and they always go off on a tangent. You point at the moon and the fools start looking at your finger instead. Last week, made a post about HCR impact on flinch and soon the thread morphed into one about MY PvP skills, KD ratio and number of kills. People never stay on topic and contribute to the actual discussion. Now people want to debate about what is the exact Oxford definition of zerging and if I try to argue about it, the thread will derail instantly. Better to just to close it and forget about idiotic online communities. Peace.

User Info: gigoran

gigoran
11 months ago#7
Having a different opinion makes people idiots?

K
Cal Naughton, Jr.: Shake and bake!
Ricky Bobby: What does that do? Does that blow your mind? That just happened!

AsimLeonheart
11 months ago#8
gigoran posted...
Having a different opinion makes people idiots?

K

Not about opinions, it is about contributing to the actual thread in a meaningful way! Stop focusing on the finger and focus on the moon instead. Talk about the state of PvP; if teamshooting has become a issue, is it fun anymore, what is your take on the current state of crucible. Posting a meaningless one sentence reply or ridicule and insults separates idiots from the rest.

User Info: KeroroGunsou

KeroroGunsou
11 months ago#9
Wasn't team shooting a thing in halo too?
The pvp in d2 is made around team shooting so nothing you can do anymore but adapt.

User Info: BrownGotti

BrownGotti
11 months ago#10
Throw a grenade?
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. The Zerging, Camping and Deathballing have ruined Crucible!

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived