Iron Banner did not bring anyone back to the game

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Iron Banner did not bring anyone back to the game

User Info: Halectic

Halectic
10 months ago#41
dzydevil posted...
I love threads like this because it's funny to see how some people don't understand basic business practices and strategy. Even if some of you guys think that Bungie doesn't care about dwindling numbers I can guarantee you that Activision does.

Those guys are all about numbers and business so if the numbers start dropping that's not good. Bungie has to address that.

They don't care if you keep playing, they got your money when you bought the game
Digimon World Dawn FC 000111545835

User Info: Good_Ant

Good_Ant
10 months ago#42
The way Bungie has chose to deliver Iron Banner in D2 is one of the most ridiculous I have ever seen in the lifetime of my gaming career. They took a competitive mode and cut off its balls and then had the audacity to try and spin a positive twist on it. At every turn, whether you are casual or not with the game, Bungie insults you as a player.

The pursuit of loot is meaningless and dull (Hurry to another public event. One of 80? Nope. Just a handful)

The story was written for a child of 5

The PvP maps are bland and sometimes seemingly just patched together from a blind cat.

The trip to the vendors is somehow worse and more pointless than D1. How could a triple AAA game of this caliber have been designed to function like this? I have so much pointless loot.

The very name Exotic in this game is just a slap in the face to the player. They are NOT exotic. They are quite common and most of them are not even worth the spot.

Absolutely nothing was put in to D2 to take it to the next level. Whatever emptiness was floating around in D1 that I looked forward to be dealt with was somehow exaggerated in D2.

So, no surprise in the player drop. I'm one of them. I knew it was going to be a mess when I saw E3 and then heard Luke Smith and Noseworthy spew out their nonsense and bs all over the place. The sales are good of course and my disenchantment means F all so I have zero hope for Destiny maturing in a meaningful way. I'm sure the plan is to continue with their dumb down, make most choices for the player design.
AstroZombie1976

User Info: Magnifikon

Magnifikon
10 months ago#43
Halectic posted...
D2 has no player retention, it is about high turnover with new players, which is more profitable.

Word of mouth is huge in gaming and the word is "don't get this game", therefore few new players.

User Info: dzydevil

dzydevil
10 months ago#44
Halectic posted...
dzydevil posted...
I love threads like this because it's funny to see how some people don't understand basic business practices and strategy. Even if some of you guys think that Bungie doesn't care about dwindling numbers I can guarantee you that Activision does.

Those guys are all about numbers and business so if the numbers start dropping that's not good. Bungie has to address that.

They don't care if you keep playing, they got your money when you bought the game

😂 more proof

User Info: AsimLeonheart

AsimLeonheart
10 months ago#45
Both sides have got some points but both sides of the argument need to understand a few things as well. All games lose player base after launch. It is unrealistic to expect that 70% or 80% of the people will keep playing after spending a whole month on a single game. People move on and play other games. Just a million players or even lower are enough to keep a game alive and running.

However, losing players is not good and Bungie needs to retain old players because who will people play with if nobody is around?? You wont be able to find parties in matchmaking in any activity or find people on LFG sites for activities if the population drops too low. Therefore, they do need to retain a certain number of players to keep the game running and it is not alright or fine to lose millions of players.

Nobody would buy it if they know that nobody else is playing and it is dead. And Bungie wont be able make anymore money of the game. People wont even buy the DLC once they start believing that the game is dead. Just look at Evolve or BattleBorn or Lawbreakers. If people start leaving then it starts a domino/snowball effect as other players cant find people to play with so they leave as well and this keeps going on until the game dies in a few months.
Currently Playing: Final Fantasy VII, Destiny 2
PSN ID: AsimMehmood

User Info: cmdrdredd

cmdrdredd
10 months ago#46
Flashfire34 posted...
terrysmay04 posted...
OMG only 2.5 million players!!!

Game might as well be dead huh?

The game lost nearly a million PvP players over the past week, which happened to be the first Iron Banner of D2. PvE has been on a steady decline as well, though they've had a small bump back up while PvP continues to sink.

You can't spin that into a positive.

Sure I can, it means less tryhards and I don't really care what everyone else does. I have friends who play daily.
"Do not be to eager to deal out death and judgment, for even the very wise cannot see all ends." -Gandalf

User Info: Flashfire34

Flashfire34
10 months ago#47
cmdrdredd posted...
Sure I can, it means less tryhards and I don't really care what everyone else does. I have friends who play daily.

What it more likely means is you're going to run into more tryhards, not less, because the casual players are bailing fast.

User Info: Slood

Slood
10 months ago#48
Good_Ant posted...

How could a triple AAA

Triple triple A?
https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCzhp_I-hGx6qoFLs1JHO05g For some Call of duty modern warfare, black ops 3. Friday the 13th, dead by daylight, and more

User Info: vhiran

vhiran
10 months ago#49
its s***, i'm going to enjoy watching the backslide of this game.

What am i saying? I already am.

'its all about numbers' lol, yeah, don't worry, i will do my part in keeping people away from this game and its future s*** dlc.

so long fanboys.
inventor of the CHILL raid run.

User Info: Artic_Kaze

Artic_Kaze
10 months ago#50
In all honesty, I had a good time with Iron Banner. It made me feel like maybe I could actually have a good time playing Destiny 2 pvp but day made me quickly realize why I gave up on it. I think I only care about playing control. None of the other modes interest me and what's worse is that I can honestly say I don't care about trying to get any better at the other modes. This pvp does not make me want to get better like other games pvp or like Destiny 1 did. I am having a great time in pve though.
If you decide to be a wall that's standing in my way, then I have something that will open a hole in you everytime -
Gurren Lagann
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Iron Banner did not bring anyone back to the game

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

Update Topic Flair

You are not allowed to update this topic's flair.

• Topic Archived