Queue for the raid is way too long

• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Queue for the raid is way too long

User Info: Ryu X

Ryu X
4 months ago#1
It says 45 min+ I waited about an hour and my queue never popped. Does bungie actually think we should be waiting at our TVs for over an hour to accept a queue?

This whole guided games thing is not working they need to fix it.

I never done the raid but I am 303 I watched the video guide so I think I am ready just this queue is just so long.

User Info: MH_sief

MH_sief
4 months ago#2
Sounds like you could spend some of that time looking into all of the other options for finding a group available to you.

Edit: To clarify, I agree, but at some point Bungie cannot hold your hand any longer. The introduction of this feature alone is a step forward. The complaints will probably cause it to be pulled entirely.

Ryu X
4 months ago#3
MH_sief posted...
Sounds like you could spend some of that time looking into all of the other options for finding a group available to you.

The thing is I am not interested in using some 3rd party site or signing up for something else just to play the game. Why should I have to run to my computer sign up on some site then go back to my PS4 and see if someone invited me?

It is 2017 I should be able to get a group using tools provided by the game. If Bungie wants to make this require groups to do content like a MMO they need to play some MMOs to see how you actually implement a LFG UI. Like WoW or FFXIV both have superior group making tools.

User Info: DAM 1

DAM 1
4 months ago#4
MH_sief posted...

Edit: To clarify, I agree, but at some point Bungie cannot hold your hand any longer. The introduction of this feature alone is a step forward. The complaints will probably cause it to be pulled entirely.

Which brings up the question yet again of why spend the time to develop a system that basically forces people to turn to out of game apps or sites, but to instead provide basic in game LFG.
"They say M&M's melt in your mouth, not in your hand Ray. But guess what, we've been holding Skittles this whole ****ing time!" - Frank Semyon

User Info: busterSouls

busterSouls
4 months ago#5
There are a lot more people seeking help then there are those that are willing to guide.

Not really bungie's fault.

User Info: saroban23

saroban23
4 months ago#6
Ryu X posted...
MH_sief posted...

The thing is I am not interested in using some 3rd party site or signing up for something else just to play the game. Why should I have to run to my computer sign up on some site then go back to my PS4 and see if someone invited me?

It is 2017 I should be able to get a group using tools provided by the game. If Bungie wants to make this require groups to do content like a MMO they need to play some MMOs to see how you actually implement a LFG UI. Like WoW or FFXIV both have superior group making tools.

It is what it is. Download the Destiny app and LFG, or suck it up and get over it. Crying on here definitely isn't accomplishing anything.

Ryu X
4 months ago#7
busterSouls posted...
There are a lot more people seeking help then there are those that are willing to guide.

Not really bungie's fault.

It is their fault for a poorly designed LFG tool.

User Info: Dragonspawn1319

Dragonspawn1319
4 months ago#8
There prolly isn't many people hosting guided games, especially for the raid. Raids take teamwork and no one is gonna wanna take a newbie who isn't chatting with them.

My advise would be to get a mic and try and find groups on destinylfg.net; the reddit fireteams forum, or even using the destiny app for smartphones. That's how most people, especially destiny 1 players are used to finding groups.

User Info: MH_sief

MH_sief
4 months ago#9
Because even this system is still dependent upon people offering to help. As the system offers no clear incentive other than several green boxes in the clan section. I fully expect this to get resolved when my second point is solved...

The important part to remember, that a lot of people forget, is that the system is in beta. With people getting booted from their servers for no apparent reason at least there isn't a sense of loss from missing out on a guided game reward.

I believe when they work out the servers and they determine adequate rewards for doing guided games we will see much much shorter queues because my incentive to teach two randoms the complicated mechanics and spend 3-5 hours trudging through this encounter is pretty lacking.

Source: Have cleared it many times, you won't see me hosting until there is an incentive.

Ryu X
4 months ago#10
Dragonspawn1319 posted...
There prolly isn't many people hosting guided games, especially for the raid. Raids take teamwork and no one is gonna wanna take a newbie who isn't chatting with them.

My advise would be to get a mic and try and find groups on destinylfg.net; the reddit fireteams forum, or even using the destiny app for smartphones. That's how most people, especially destiny 1 players are used to finding groups.

I tried the destiny app once and it doesn't really work. I signed up for maybe a 10 or more groups and nobody ever invited me. They post their group then never check their post it seems. Or it gets full they don't take it down even though they have slots available.
  1. Boards
  2. Destiny 2
  3. Queue for the raid is way too long

Report Message

Terms of Use Violations:

Etiquette Issues:

Notes (optional; required for "Other"):
Add user to Ignore List after reporting

Topic Sticky

You are not allowed to request a sticky.

• Topic Archived