• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft Remastered
  3. Here is a great game I had recently - (BW Replay link)

User Info: BuddhaDaSlaemon

BuddhaDaSlaemon
3 years ago#1
Fastest map, 3v3, me Terran. Epic comeback game, one of my favorite games of Starcraft I have ever had in my life, which is why I wanted to share it. I say that with this being a 20-year old game, Ialthough I played it at 3 different periods at 10year intervals, release, mid, and now. Like a year at a time or so for each.

I start out bottom right, I get zealot rushed early on after contending with some cheese harrass, by multiple armies of the opposing team, all Protoss, but was able to survive with just 3 buildings and a pair of scv's remaining by moving to my teammate Blue's side who is on bottom left, Protoss.

At this point, the opposing team realizes that it is essentially 3v2, as while I survived, I am out for the running for the time being. So realizing they have this advantage they take a moment to build-up productive capacity at home and sending out troops to control Mid. As soon as start to recover an economy, I decide immediately to go exclusively for tanks asap, but I am starting out from 0. Everyone remaining is pretty strong, people not Gosu, but with 100 APM's and solid Macro skills, all playing mass Hydralisks (OJ) or Zealot/Dragoon (rest), as I was the only Terran on either side. The battles were a wash, evenly matched at first, but after 10 minutes numbers adv. gives their side enough to start to break into Blue's base, while OJ Zerg in Top Left is busy fending them off in the battlefield but unable to simultaneously help us.

The reasons this is is one of my favorite Starcraft games I have ever had, not only is it an epic comeback but the timing: I literally got my first tank out JUST as they were finally manage to break in, it was the first base invasion of the whole game since my owjn up to this point the battles were mostly at mid or in the corridors or at the enemy's doorstep, for a fulll 16 minutes, that's how evenly matched it was. It was so Perfect, because that 1 SMALL TANK was enough to turn the tides of that initial fray, and for the rest of the match we were just barely hanging on on our end until OJ was finally able to finish one of them and after that I was finally starting to bring production back on-line, which was enough to press the stalemate forward to victory.

http://bwreplays.com/10ghr

Just put it in the directory where your replay files are, it's an .SCM file which is the only thing this site hosts and which means only Starcraft can open it as well.

I have also gotten a even better since then, if anyone here ever needs advice on how to up their game, let me know. If you're already a good player I probably couldn't help much, but if you're mediocre and not sure how to get better I definitely believe game can be improved by applying certain principles, it's not all about talent or even practice, it is those as well but a lot of it is just applying best practices
https://imgur.com/gallery/qABfk
---Politically Independent---
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft Remastered
  3. Here is a great game I had recently - (BW Replay link)
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A