• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft Remastered
  3. How hard is single player campaign?

User Info: richie02150

richie02150
3 years ago#1
I've never played a game in this style before, how hard would the single player campaign be for someone like me? I mean I don't mind a little challenge but I don't necessarily like a game to be so challenging that I'm pulling my hair out (call me a wimp but it's hard for me to enjoy a game where I'm constantly getting my butt handed to me lol)

User Info: BuddhaDaSlaemon

BuddhaDaSlaemon
3 years ago#2
I am like 2 missions short of beating the entire campaign, for both the original Starcraft and for Brood War. There's roughly amost 10 missions per race per game, so almost 60 missions total.

I would google "Classic Starcraft Battlenet" and go to the Maps section and download the "Precursor" missions as a better introduction to the game.

Other than that, the campaign actually does a good job of ramping up the difficulty level, so if you pay attention, gradually try to gravitate toward greater hotkey use--but don't rush it, learn the tech-tree & unit capabilities first--then you should be fine up until the later missions.

What do you do at this point? I will let you in on a little secret. "+" and "-" key buttons are at this point your friend.

Slow the game speed down at crucial moments & key battles. It is true that if you ever play multiplayer, you will not be able to use this handicap, but do not worry about using it as a crutch if this is your first campaign playthrough, because you actually need to learn THOSE fundamentals of beating, of being ABLE to beat, the campaign FIRST, BEFORE you worry about competing at a multiplayer level, although of course except for those crucial moments, or at least as you build up in the mission, you want to be on Fastest speed until those clutch moments pop up.

Oh, and save often of course.

If you get bored with one race, feel free to play another meantime unless you INSIST on story continuity.

User Info: STG Deathbot

STG Deathbot
3 years ago#3
The difficulty curve ramps up quite a bit, but it's meant to be challenging and encourage you to use all the different units.

Starcraft will always remain as my all-time favorite RTS game. I still go back and play it from time to time.
Intel Core i7-3770K Ivy Bridge 4.5GHz | 16GB Samsung RAM DDR3 1600 (11-11-11-28) | eVGA GTX 980 Ti 6GB VRAM | ASUS 27" Monitor @ 2560X1440
  1. Boards
  2. Starcraft Remastered
  3. How hard is single player campaign?
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A