• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them

User Info: neoblue107

neoblue107
2 years ago#21
are the levels scaled differently in this remake? I'm using a guide for the original and the level recommendations are much higher than my party can keep up with. I cant tell if i'm just under leveled or what, playing on hard mode btw

User Info: Ragnawind

Ragnawind
2 years ago#22
neoblue107 posted...
are the levels scaled differently in this remake? I'm using a guide for the original and the level recommendations are much higher than my party can keep up with. I cant tell if i'm just under leveled or what, playing on hard mode btw

I looked through the intro of that guide and found out why the levels are so high. Apparently, levels will only be that high if you fight every single enemy on every single screen as you progress through the game. The actual recommended levels are much lower than in that guide. Apparently, by the point I am at right now in Chapter 4, the guide says around Level 42, but you only really should be around Level 30, if that. In other words, just take off about 10-15 levels from that guide's recommendations for the real recommended level.

User Info: mperc

mperc
2 years ago#23
Since the ds version walkthrough covers most of this game with the exception of a few sidequests and the possible history someone should write a guide for the things that are different in the game

User Info: Lunar Eclipse

Lunar Eclipse
2 years ago#24
@mperc: During the main game, the following nodes are new:

A Wish-Filled Gift (AH: Chapter 4)
Go to the node "A New Alliance". After you leave with Gafka to head to Forgia, go back into Celestia and talk to Raul. Go to the inn and talk to the woman there to receive the Celes Dress. Go to "A New Mission" and deliver the dress to Raul.

Samra's Last Words (AH: Chapter 4)
After obtaining Historica from Elm at the node "Celestian War", she'll have an additional sidequest. Talk to her and go to "Beyond Loss". Search Fennel's lab and investigate the interaction point. Go to Hugo's office and investigate again. Return to "Celestian War" and give Elm the ring.

The Embers of Hate (AH: Chapter 4)
A failure scenario related to the above quest. When reporting to Elm, tell her Samra's last words instead of giving her the ring.

The Radiant Blade (AH: Chapter 5)
Defeat Master Vainqueur and obtain True Historica. Go to "Gafka & the Books" and talk to Galva. Defeat the three shadows and the sword will be transformed into Radiant Historica.

Fate Etched in Sand (SH: Chapter 6)
After completing the "Moon Armlet" quest, Garland will give you this followup quest. He'll give you a bag of coins and ask you to speak with a boy at the town entrance. When you talk to him, say you'll talk to Garland about fighting him. Go back and talk to Garland and watch the scene play out.

Blood-soaked Sand (SH: Chapter 6)
A failure scenario related to the above quest. When talking to the boy, convince him to leave and not face Garland.

A City Girl's Ideals (SH: Chapter 6)
Obtain the badge from possible history "Will of the People". Go to the node "Overcoming the Trial" and show the item to Protea when prompted.

When the Snow Melts (AH: Chapter 6)
Obtain the flux core from possible history "Loathsome Divinity". Go to the node "Demigod" and show the item to Hugo when prompted.

For Country (SH: Final Chapter)
Complete the possible history "Homeland Heroes". Go to the node "The Black Guardians" and re-enter the room where Eruca joins the party to see an alternate version of the scene play out.

The rest of the stuff is straightforward. The possible histories are all added to Nemesia's list as the game progresses, and the game directly informs you when that happens when you visit Historia.
SoA Air Pirate: Captain
"Let those who war with life forfeit their own!" -- Mareg, Grandia II

User Info: varelle

varelle
2 years ago#25
A guide in developpement for perfect chronology :

http://www.neoseeker.com/radiant-historia/walkthrough

User Info: Coolzelda

Coolzelda
2 years ago#26
To lunar Eclipse, did you mention all the new nodes? Or is there other new quest?

User Info: Lunar Eclipse

Lunar Eclipse
2 years ago#27
Those are all the new nodes before the new chapter and excluding possible histories. The new chapter and possible history are both completely straightforward, though.
SoA Air Pirate: Captain
"Let those who war with life forfeit their own!" -- Mareg, Grandia II

User Info: boogaboogaboo

boogaboogaboo
2 years ago#28
varelle posted...

I’ve been keeping my eye on this guide as well. Like someone else stated, I think I will hold off on starting the game until there is a good, full guide for it, as I’m in no rush. I prefer online guides with accompanying pictures/maps/diagrams. It’s a shame this game never got a printed strategy guide, would have been lovely I’m sure.
Break me off a piece of that Roseanne Barr.

User Info: Teen Girl Squad

Teen Girl Squad
2 years ago#29
boogaboogaboo posted...
varelle posted...

I’ve been keeping my eye on this guide as well. Like someone else stated, I think I will hold off on starting the game until there is a good, full guide for it, as I’m in no rush. I prefer online guides with accompanying pictures/maps/diagrams. It’s a shame this game never got a printed strategy guide, would have been lovely I’m sure.

I would play it now. 90% of the game has a guide for it and most of the game is straight forward enough not to need a guide. You can always ask.
"Rest of league playing checkers, Chargers playing E-Sports." Drug_Smoker.
  • Topic Archived

GameFAQs Q&A