You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  3. PSA: Switch bad port! No update coming.

User Info: LordDragonMaste

LordDragonMaste
3 weeks ago#1
- 720p docked / 540p handheld
- low textures
- low/no shadows (playable character doesn't cast shadow)
- long load times
- 30fps with significant drops to 15fps in main areas/hubs
- Consistent crashes & game breaking bugs.
- Huge input lag!

AVOID!!
F/C 5215-0096-6760
(edited 3 weeks ago)

User Info: 0UT0FTH3G4M3R

0UT0FTH3G4M3R
3 weeks ago#2
LordDragonMaste posted...
- low textures
- long load times

AVOID!!

this is a troll post. Switch players know their pros and cons. They know its not going to be as good as the PS4/XB1/PC version, but its portable. And I am pretty sure it uses less GB of space.

Plus, Switch players got the 1.02 version (called 1.1 on switch, I think) on launch day. XB1 players still don't have it, and can't complete their enemy list and equipment list... and have to wait at least another week for version 1.02.
The petty squabbles of lesser men and the common rabble are of no greater concern to my grand design.

User Info: trenken

trenken
3 weeks ago#3
All of that stuff is literally the least of my problems with this version. The input lag is so bad it actually makes it difficult for me to destroy some candles sometimes lmao. Thats absurd for a metroidvania. I can live with downgraded graphics to have it portable, but input lag is something I wont put up with for long before I just go buy another version.
WiiU | CygnusZero ///// PS3 | CygnusZero
XB1 | CygnusZero4790

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
3 weeks ago#4
The last two points are the big ones. The first few are the norm for a ton of switch games and as time goes on switch’s hardware gets even more outdated. You should expect lower res and quality textures. Especially compared to vastly more powerful hardware. And I’m not talking about pa4 or Xbox I’m talking about pro and X. Switch games will look a lot worse when games are being made more for the higher end systems and next gen.

The thing that baffles me is this version has way more bugs than the other versions even though it got delayed by a week. Frame rate is bad because these guys didn’t optimise it on switch. They basically run like this like it’s a lower end ps4 mode

Like wtf is going on. Why didn’t they just delay all versions until July or something?

On top of that hey had a game breaking bug on ps4 where if you started a game on 1.01 then updated to 1.02 you’d get a chest glitch that opens all chests and stops you from getting key item and progressing.
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

User Info: Yuri_LowelI

Yuri_LowelI
3 weeks ago#5
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...
LordDragonMaste posted...
- low textures
- long load times

AVOID!!

this is a troll post. Switch players know their pros and cons. They know its not going to be as good as the PS4/XB1/PC version, but its portable. And I am pretty sure it uses less GB of space.

Plus, Switch players got the 1.02 version (called 1.1 on switch, I think) on launch day. XB1 players still don't have it, and can't complete their enemy list and equipment list... and have to wait at least another week for version 1.02.

Because it breaks the game. Also they game was neefed to hell and back. I’m playing on Xbox and it’s fine right now. Don’t care about 1.02. In fact Xbox will never get this update. They’ll go straight to the third patch
http://k09.kn3.net/1256263BF.gif

User Info: 0UT0FTH3G4M3R

0UT0FTH3G4M3R
3 weeks ago#6
trenken posted...
All of that stuff is literally the least of my problems with this version. The input lag is so bad it actually makes it difficult for me to destroy some candles sometimes lmao. Thats absurd for a metroidvania. I can live with downgraded graphics to have it portable, but input lag is something I wont put up with for long before I just go buy another version.

Well, I didn't know about that. I haven't seen anyone else post about it either.

I am not a switch hater (I have NS and XB1) but when I had to decide whether to get the switch version or XB1 version, it was a no-brainer... XB1.

but that has its pros and cons too. No version 1.02 for XB1 yet, but somehow we can get 100.1% map completion.
The petty squabbles of lesser men and the common rabble are of no greater concern to my grand design.

User Info: x2link777

x2link777
3 weeks ago#7
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...
this is a troll post.

Wow, people don't usually come out and admit these things about their posts, kudos for honesty.

More on topic, yeah, the Switch port is a broken mess. Even taking it's lower end hardware into account, the system is still far, far more capable than this. This was a rush job without even an attempt to make it look like they tried.
I am the most fiendish terror that flaps in the darkest night. I am the skunk that pollutes your air. I am Negaduck!!

User Info: LordDragonMaste

LordDragonMaste
3 weeks ago#8
Huge disappointment! Anyone saying otherwise must not own another console or PC.
F/C 5215-0096-6760

User Info: Blondie19

Blondie19
3 weeks ago#9
Backed the switch version on kickstarter for a high tier bracket. And must say it is messed up on whoever was in charge in locking the platform of selecting the switch version only to be told right after that the switch version will be downgraded and the release will be delayed.

Nonetheless the release has come and gone with no signs of improvements. Lesson learned not to invest a lot in a kickstarter project and if one wants to do kickstarter to do so at the bare minimum amount. The positive thing is this game was able to be made and it's a good game. However it seems they put in no effort for the switch version.

Looks like the PC version is the way to go for the best experience.

For those who want to see the difference between the switch and ps4 here you go.

https://youtu.be/-6QmEFq9baU

User Info: bk201soren

bk201soren
3 weeks ago#10
x2link777 posted...
0UT0FTH3G4M3R posted...
this is a troll post.

Wow, people don't usually come out and admit these things about their posts, kudos for honesty.

"This" is a word which is used to describe a specific person or thing close at hand. It does not usually refer to oneself. In the case the post you quoted, the context is the person he is quoting is the person close at hand and being referred too.

I can't say for certain whether this first sentence of yours is sarcasm or a joke. Attempted sarcasm or a non-obvious joke usually needs a tell at the very least (since written words are basically monotone).
  1. Boards
  2. Bloodstained: Ritual of the Night
  3. PSA: Switch bad port! No update coming.