• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.

User Info: Gamerguymass

Gamerguymass
3 months ago#1
So I'm trying to do the quest The Best Defense in Nurnen. When I went there I upgraded the two warchiefs and the overlord I had from long ago when first beat the map. Then I started the mission. When I went to the army screen at some point I saw the two chiefs I had brought up to the mid 40s were gone. Just completely gone. They were replaced with two level 22s.

Then the game f***s me over in the mission itself. I dominated the first enemy chief and sent him away. The next two showed up and I killed them, but the first one I dominated still showed up as a chief to kill even though he was blue. Now he is nowhere to be found and I can't go forward. I quit and start over. I kill five of the chiefs now but the sixth is just orange not highlighted and yellow and is nowhere to be found. I start it over yet again and now the first guy I dominated from the first time I tried it is on the list of chiefs to beat and the last guy is again orange and nowhere to be found.

What the f*** am I supposed to do? Unless I am somehow missing something then this mission is literally impossible for me to beat. I can't find any indication that I am supposed to go somewhere to find the last guy, he just doesn't exist.
Now Playing: "The Hunt for the Two Missing Nintendo 64 Games"
An expansion came out, but I'm still a third of the way through!

User Info: Olld-Onne

Olld-Onne
3 months ago#2
Might need to leave the area and let time pass by a bit elsewhere to refresh the captains. I noticed the chiefs were getting replaced oddly for this area while this mission was active. A chief I just dominated would disappear and be replaced with a random unknown one. It's to make the siege plausible for the mission I guess but it's buggy.

When you go back do the mission directly and do not run around killing them and such.
you haven't set a signature for the message boards yet!
  • Post New Message