• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  3. Just started ... Wraith Burn RIP?

User Info: CJT999

CJT999
5 months ago#1
I got the game as a gift and just started playing. I was looking through the Skill trees and didn't notice something like "Wraith Burn" that the first one had (basically where you build up your hit streak, then use two special moves in succession to first stun and then kill all the orcs around you in a giant circle). Is there anything like that in this one or was it too OP so they got rid of that sort of thing? I really enjoyed using that in Strongholds while I was getting swarmed. Thx

User Info: JKiii

JKiii
5 months ago#2
Adding the Fire or Poison augment onto the still existing first step is enough to achieve the same effect for wiping out groups of grunts.
The replacement for the 2nd step despite having an "opposite" effect can put wraith burn to shame when in the right hands. (This skill is hidden along with a few others and doesn't appear in the skill tree until near the end)
Little King of LBP Level Recordings
http://www.youtube.com/user/JHKthree
(edited 5 months ago)

CJT999
5 months ago#3
Interesting.... It’s tough starting over without all the cool powers I’d gotten used to using in SoM, but it’s also fun being challenged again too.
thanks for the info

CJT999
1 month ago#4
JKiii posted...
Adding the Fire or Poison augment onto the still existing first step is enough to achieve the same effect for wiping out groups of grunts.
The replacement for the 2nd step despite having an "opposite" effect can put wraith burn to shame when in the right hands. (This skill is hidden along with a few others and doesn't appear in the skill tree until near the end)

I think I just got the hidden skill you told me about ... Raise Dead? I keep forgetting to use it, though, since it's so new and my playstyle has become ingrained. Got to raise more dead ...
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  3. Just started ... Wraith Burn RIP?
  • Post New Message