• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  3. OK I just cannot beat this Overlord.

User Info: BabaBzaa

BabaBzaa
6 months ago#1
The mofo has poison everywhere and hunters shooting at me from ceilings in every direction. If I take a break for a second I get shot. If I attack him, I get shot. And the arrows are coming from orcs not on the minimap. It's a freaking death trap.
Currently playing:. FPWW

User Info: Luminaire

Luminaire
6 months ago#2
Try taking control of the high ground and pulling him towards you.
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)

User Info: BabaBzaa

BabaBzaa
6 months ago#3
Luminaire posted...
Try taking control of the high ground and pulling him towards you.

Yeah, I finally beat him. I didn't even know there was a high ground in that room at first lol. He was arrow proof so I literally kept attacking him and taking breaks to run to the top layer and drain hunters to fill my bar back up. Time consuming, didn't even kill him at thr end because I was so desperate. Just shadow dominated him and shamed him. He turned into a maniac too, so next time I see him he'll be even stronger. Hopefully the environment will be more in my favor.

He was the last Overlord before the final mission, so somewhere in-between Super Dragon Ball Heroes, Smash, and Titanfall 2 I'll find the strength to finally beat this game.
Currently playing:. FPWW

User Info: xiutye

xiutye
5 months ago#4
That upper balcony can be super effective against most overlords. Get a bodyguard with sniper shot, go up there and summon him. Then go back down and engage the enemy on the floor, with the priorities of staying alive and staying on the other side of the overlord from where your bodyguard is (so you're not blocking his shot).
Even arrowproof won't help them against uruk projectiles.
And you're at the mercy of the RNG with gear drops but there is a cloak which prevents all damage from poison. If you get something like that it's worth hanging onto for such situations.
I judge everyone based on their sig. If you wanna judge me for that, go ahead.
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  3. OK I just cannot beat this Overlord.
  • Post New Message