• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  3. So captains can teleport now?

User Info: Luminaire

Luminaire
2 months ago#11
angryguy77 posted...

When I made this post I was still kind of new getting my feet wet in GW difficulty. I didn't have so much a problem getting ambushed as much as where it happened. The guy just appeared in a place that didn't make sense.

Game was fun though after I was able to get leveled up and hold my own on that difficulty. However, if they make another, hopefully it doesn't nerf the player damage so much.

This I can agree with. I played the game when it released and started on whatever the highest difficulty was at the time and the game only really opens up at the highest levels when you have the skills unlocked to interact more with the Nemesis system. The early game is often just artificial difficulty via damage sponges and sometimes. This game really missed out on a golden opportunity by not having a New Game+ option.
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)

User Info: RealmIyce

RealmIyce
2 months ago#12
The Nemesis system is terrific and can only be improved upon, but with how Shadow of War ended there wouldn't be another in the series. Wouldn't make sense.

I've had some crazy stuff happen. Me and my main Orc squeeze attacking this other captain while on a ghul hunt, then another one of my guys betrays me, so it's two on two, then another of my dudes shows up bringing me a orc for slaughter that might have coin on him, so now me and my two dudes are taking on two other dudes.

The whole system is just fun and dynamic.
I've been around for a long time. Really miss some of the old PS2 boards.

User Info: angryguy77

angryguy77
2 months ago#13
RealmIyce posted...
The Nemesis system is terrific and can only be improved upon, but with how Shadow of War ended there wouldn't be another in the series. Wouldn't make sense.

I've had some crazy stuff happen. Me and my main Orc squeeze attacking this other captain while on a ghul hunt, then another one of my guys betrays me, so it's two on two, then another of my dudes shows up bringing me a orc for slaughter that might have coin on him, so now me and my two dudes are taking on two other dudes.

I'm pretty sure celebrimore survived and they could make a game about going after him. Go beyond where the main story ended.

User Info: ArktikiceFrost

ArktikiceFrost
2 months ago#14
I just got through dealing with a triple rebellion myself. Also, I have a separate question. What do you all think of the controls? It feels as though inconsistently responsive. And in a game where you're constantly surrounded by different types of enemies who require a certain way of fighting them. Be it dodging/vaulting, stunning or countering (sometimes within seconds of each other), the inputs have to register immediately. I lost count of how many times I died due to my dodges and counters not registering.

ArktikiceFrost
2 months ago#15
angryguy77 posted...
RealmIyce posted...

I'm pretty sure celebrimore survived and they could make a game about going after him. Go beyond where the main story ended.

Celebrimbor.

ArktikiceFrost
2 months ago#16
angryguy77 posted...
So there I was, hiding in a bush with the wall of a cave behind me stalking a low level capt. This capt had 2 other orcs around him, there was not a soul near me except for rats. Out of nowhere, this one dude who's killed me a ton just randomly showed up and ambushed me from behind. He's a level 44 at this point while I'm a 6. You can guess how this went.

On GW difficulty, you're supposed to be more tactical are you not? How can you be when the game can make enemies not only appear directly behind you, but know where you are at all times?

This isn't a difficulty, this is simply a matter of random chance where the game decides if you will live or die.

That exact thing happened to me. I don't know how they have the ability to spawn through walls, but they were somehow doing it.

User Info: xiutye

xiutye
2 months ago#17
ArktikiceFrost
What do you all think of the controls? It feels as though inconsistently responsive. And in a game where you're constantly surrounded by different types of enemies who require a certain way of fighting them. Be it dodging/vaulting, stunning or countering (sometimes within seconds of each other), the inputs have to register immediately. I lost count of how many times I died due to my dodges and counters not registering.

I've had some of that happen as well. I got the impression that there was a sort of disconnect between the input windows and animations. Like, it appears that Talion is ready to do the next thing but actually for a fraction of a second longer than it looks like, he's still doing the previous thing (flinching, landing, whatever). So my input goes un-noticed because the game's not ready for it at the time and isn't going to queue or buffer it. Within a given playthru I tend to have less of an issue as I play so I think I'm sorta subconsciously compensating for it, albeit imperfectly.
I judge everyone based on their sig. If you wanna judge me for that, go ahead.
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  3. So captains can teleport now?
  • Post New Message