• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  3. So captains can teleport now?

User Info: angryguy77

angryguy77
7 months ago#1
So there I was, hiding in a bush with the wall of a cave behind me stalking a low level capt. This capt had 2 other orcs around him, there was not a soul near me except for rats. Out of nowhere, this one dude who's killed me a ton just randomly showed up and ambushed me from behind. He's a level 44 at this point while I'm a 6. You can guess how this went.

On GW difficulty, you're supposed to be more tactical are you not? How can you be when the game can make enemies not only appear directly behind you, but know where you are at all times?

This isn't a difficulty, this is simply a matter of random chance where the game decides if you will live or die.

User Info: Muhspaceaids

Muhspaceaids
7 months ago#2
I think thats how it is with amushes in general. Thats why when im trying to just chill, its usually on a line or somewhere orcs cant go. If your follower cant get there, they wont ambush you there.
Only plebs use 10 posts per page

User Info: xiutye

xiutye
7 months ago#3
I love it when a whole string of that kinda stuff happens at once. I'm just riding around, a boy and his wraith and their caragor and one dude shows up to betray me, another joins him after we start mixing it up and then my ex-dead bodyguard comes back with a new scar but still loyal and jumps in. If an elemental graug shows up and eats some of us that just completes the package.
I judge everyone based on their sig. If you wanna judge me for that, go ahead.

angryguy77
7 months ago#4
I don't mind ambushes, they add an element to the game. However......

An ambush is when you get surprised by an enemy that's hidden in wait for you. It is not when you're hiding in a bush and they just beam down from a starship.

User Info: Muhspaceaids

Muhspaceaids
7 months ago#5
The predator becomes the prey while youre stalking around. I think thats cool.

My fav/least fav ambush was when everything went to hell.

I was going to start fighting a regular captain (i was level 60ish, he was high 50s, everyone else involved was high 60s/low 70s) when suddenly

- one of my captains betrayed me cause i had gotten shamed previously
- a blood brother betrayed me (cause i had killed his non allied blood brother)
- some random cap i had roasted with drake came back on a cheated death (got the new title and everything, he was highest level at 74)
- a captain i had recent got intel on joined in (with the oh youre looking into me etc...)

Then the captain i was stalking got involved and....

-his blood brother came to defense.

So little old me versus 6 captains. All higher level then me with the exception of initial captain.

It was crazy
Only plebs use 10 posts per page

angryguy77
7 months ago#6
Muhspaceaids posted...
The predator becomes the prey while youre stalking around. I think thats cool.

My fav/least fav ambush was when everything went to hell.

I was going to start fighting a regular captain (i was level 60ish, he was high 50s, everyone else involved was high 60s/low 70s) when suddenly

- one of my captains betrayed me cause i had gotten shamed previously
- a blood brother betrayed me (cause i had killed his non allied blood brother)
- some random cap i had roasted with drake came back on a cheated death (got the new title and everything, he was highest level at 74)
- a captain i had recent got intel on joined in (with the oh youre looking into me etc...)

Then the captain i was stalking got involved and....

-his blood brother came to defense.

So little old me versus 6 captains. All higher level then me with the exception of initial captain.

It was crazy

Ok that's funny and I would be ok with that. My biggest complaint wasn't about being ambushed, it was how and where it happened. If there was a lot of orc activity nearby, I could accept it easier. It's just in this case, I was all a long on a offshoot from the cave.

By all means throw betrayals at me etc, but don't just hit the insta kill button on me is all I ask.

User Info: Luminaire

Luminaire
3 months ago#7
I think it's a good mechanic. Yes, you're supposed to be tactical but no plan survives contact with the enemy. If you get ambushed by a guy too high level then it might be best to just retreat. I do that all the time and often to abuse sneak attacks.
XboxLIVE! GamerTag: MisterGuyMan (Geo War Score: 8.3 mill.)

User Info: Evilnick

Evilnick
3 months ago#8
I love this new setup, i just got the game and the ambush system is awesome and usually saves me time hunting them lol.
Just tonight I was fighting like 3 captains with two of mine set to ambush them another enemy one showed up and then a random one of mine popped in with a hostage I got Intel off on the new enemy.
I was getting beaten in the crowd because you couldn't see anything and one captain had me cornered in a group and i thought I was done when ANOTHER of my captains showed up out of nowhere, picked my assailant over his head slammed him on the ground and got me out. Ended up dominating every captain EXCEPT the one the mission was for lol.

I'm loving this game, minus the finicky controls like the first.
www.fu ktos.com
(edited 3 months ago)

User Info: CJT999

CJT999
3 months ago#9
Luminaire posted...
I think it's a good mechanic. Yes, you're supposed to be tactical but no plan survives contact with the enemy. If you get ambushed by a guy too high level then it might be best to just retreat. I do that all the time and often to abuse sneak attacks.

Amen! That happened to me just the other day. A captain ambushed me but he was mortally vulnerable to stealth! It didn't go well for him after I made a quick exit and then climbed a tower and the dropped down on his head.
(edited 3 months ago)

angryguy77
2 months ago#10
CJT999 posted...
Luminaire posted...

Amen! That happened to me just the other day. A captain ambushed me but he was mortally vulnerable to stealth! It didn't go well for him after I made a quick exit and then climbed a tower and the dropped down on his head.

When I made this post I was still kind of new getting my feet wet in GW difficulty. I didn't have so much a problem getting ambushed as much as where it happened. The guy just appeared in a place that didn't make sense.

Game was fun though after I was able to get leveled up and hold my own on that difficulty. However, if they make another, hopefully it doesn't nerf the player damage so much.
  1. Boards
  2. Middle-earth: Shadow of War
  3. So captains can teleport now?
  • Post New Message