• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. What do you think is the best IDW comic series out of these three?
RichardBelmont 1 month ago#1
What do you think is the best IDW comic series out of these three. - Results (27 votes)
Transformers.
14.81% (4 votes)
Teenage Mutant Ninja Turtles.
74.07% (20 votes)
Sonic the Hedgehog.
11.11% (3 votes)
This poll is now closed.
This one is really tough for me, but I think I have got to go with the Sonic the Hedgehog. The current run is just the best Sonic has ever been in comic form Imo of course. If I had to rank them I'd probably go with

Sonic> TMNT> Transformers.
My name's Richard Anthony David Dennis Grayson Belmont.
XBL: Mr R Belmont. PSN: MrRichardBelmont.
Antiyonder 1 month ago#2
Only read Sonic of those three, and MLP until they stop doing any comics of G4.

Hope they at least can follow the sequel hook and do MLP/TF III.
Amalgam Universe resident Born in 82.
RichardBelmont 1 month ago#3
Antiyonder posted...
Only read Sonic of those three, and MLP until they stop doing any comics of G4.

Hope they at least can follow the sequel hook and do MLP/TF III.
@Antiyonder I never read the MLP/ TF cross over. Is it worth reading for someone who hates MLP?
Antiyonder 1 month ago#4
Well it's tone is closer to MLP or say Transformers Rescue Bots. But so good segmented stories of different dynamics.

Hard to say though.
Amalgam Universe resident Born in 82.
RichardBelmont 1 month ago#5
Antiyonder posted...
Well it's tone is closer to MLP or say Transformers Rescue Bots. But so good segmented stories of different dynamics.

Hard to say though.
I don't like Rescue Bots either lol. I guess it's not for me.
SPIDER1 1 month ago#6
TMNT has been one of the most consistent comics since it came out. It has had very few low points. Even the various mini-series have been almost all good.

Transformers had been mostly good as well, but definitely had quite a few lower moments. I haven't bothered with the rebooted ongoing. Read the 1st issue and it did nothing to convince me to invest in the new continuity.

Never read Sonic.
~~dr~~
One spider under God.
Lemmerman 1 month ago#7
I've never read Transformers, although I'm reading Beast Wars, which is great.

Of Sonic and TMNT, I prefer TMNT - it feels like it's actually allowed to grow and change, whereas I don't think Sega want Sonic to be able to go through the same level of growth. Like they had the Metal Virus arc run for like a year and a half, and by the end of it there were literally no consequences for anyone. Sonic was fine after two issues, Eggman's being evil again, etc. whereas similar things have happened in TMNT that have had long reaching repercussions. I do like all the new characters they're introducing though.
Currently Playing: Mortal Shell
60fps 1 month ago#8
Lemmerman posted...
I don't think Sega want Sonic to be able to go through the same level of growth.

Blame Penders. Before him they were open to trying almost anything.
Waking up to some Nancy Reagan.( o o)
RichardBelmont 1 month ago#9
Looks like TMNT wins.
SupersayajinK2 1 month ago#10
RichardBelmont posted...
@Antiyonder I never read the MLP/ TF cross over. Is it worth reading for someone who hates MLP?

Never read MLP and never cared. Read the first miniseries. Didn’t care enough for the second to read it.

it’s not bad and it’s alright but it’s just a story that is inherently better if you care about both sides compared to one. It’s a story that does service to both sides pretty equally. And that’s it’s strength but also it’s weakness if you don’t care about one or the other. As a transformer fan, it has some great moments. But at the end of the day, it’s a crossover and you can’t expect your fondness of 50% of it to carry the rest.
Now son of Ker-Ry....KNEEL BEFORE ZELL!
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. What do you think is the best IDW comic series out of these three?
  • Topic Archived