• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. New Comic Book Characters with there fastest debut to Films
X-POOL 1 month ago#21
TheVector posted...
I let it stand since Eggsy debuted before the movie (which is the point of the topic is the characters)

So I see no reason why Eggsy doesn’t count unless the comic character is that much different from his movie counterpart.

If he was there in the film before the comic then that should disqualify him.

If not then Ursa from the Superman 1978 apperead until 2005 in comics as a alternate version and 2007 as the regular version, thats almost minus 20 years.

Overall kingsmen will still be the fastest comic to be adapted to a film
60fps 1 month ago#22
X-POOL posted...
all of them were live action and in theaters and none were content made with the pure intent to be adapted like Millars World stuff.

Wait, you think it's a coincidence that both The Mask and Time Cop which were created by Mike Richardson went on to become Dark Horse Entertainment's, also founded by him, who is also the founder of Dark Horse, just happened to become films in the same year off so little content?

Dark Horse was built around film licenses and creating potential film works. Even now they have a slew of Netflix content for fairly recent works, that again are further ahead than the books themselves.

Millar didn't do anything new. He was just honest about what many creators intend regardless of what they tell fans. Most comics are story boards for films. It's rare to have a Brian K. Vaughn or Alan Moore who didn't intend an adaptation.
Waking up to some Nancy Reagan.( o o)
X-POOL 1 month ago#23
60fps posted...
Wait, you think it's a coincidence that both The Mask and Time Cop which were created by Mike Richardson went on to become Dark Horse Entertainment's, also founded by him, who is also the founder of Dark Horse, just happened to become films in the same year off so little content?

Dark Horse was built around film licenses and creating potential film works. Even now they have a slew of Netflix content for fairly recent works, that again are further ahead than the books themselves.

I see, I didnt really knew that part but that would explain why we got so many comic movies in the 90s.

Still I see a difference because most of those books were created as comics first with hopes someone eventually would adapt the book later on, while Kingsmen was pretty much a film pitch from the start between Millar and film director Matthew Vaughm, at that point (I guess) even if the comic was never published the film was probably going to be made.
blackmore 1 month ago#24
X-POOL posted...
If he was there in the film before the comic then that should disqualify him.

He appeared in the comic before the movie, the question was since the comic was created to be adapted into a movie should he count.

Eggsy appeared in comics in 2012, movie in 2014.
I have nothing interesting to say at the moment.
60fps 1 month ago#25
The last issue of The Secret Service was April 2013, so it was all done before the film released.
Waking up to some Nancy Reagan.( o o)
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. New Comic Book Characters with there fastest debut to Films
  • Topic Archived