• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Apparently the Snyder cut was a flop

User Info: Toonstrack

Toonstrack
1 month ago#31
Ben Reilly posted...
@Toonstrack

You should definitely check it out

It’s a much better version of Justice League

It’s still flawed and has its problems, however at least it’s consistent and doesnt feel like 3 tonally different movies crammed together.

Also I will say that while watching I couldn’t help but think about moments that could have been cut due to over use of slow motion, it’s a surprising easy watch for a four hour movie. Never really dragged or felt like like it was on forever.

I plan to get around to it eventually just 4 hours lol

User Info: Redwinevino

Redwinevino
1 month ago#32
Toonstrack posted...
I plan to get around to it eventually just 4 hours lol

There are some very obvious "breaks" to watch it in chunks
You will be killed, without warning, in Book Six of A Song Of Ice And Fire.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
1 month ago#33
This would have been even worse if they went with the weekly approach.
On 4/20/21 justice was finally served!

User Info: Avatar_Korra

1 month ago#34
60fps posted...
What country is that? I thought HBO Max was only in the U.S.
Philippines. Sorry, not HBO Max but their alternative streaming service, HBO Go

User Info: theRedDeath

theRedDeath
1 month ago#35
It's crazy to me that they gave Snyder 70 million to finish this thing. They didn't even give Whedon that much the first time around. What did they think was going to happen?

Now less than half the people who started watching even finished, and whatever metrics they use to quantify an uptick in actual subscribers was not only less than GvK, but less than WW84.

---
Death comes for us all Oroku Saki, but something far worse comes for you. For when you die, it will be....without honor. -Master Splinter

User Info: lordjers

lordjers
1 month ago#36
This is why we can't have nice things.
Last finished: Vanguard (Arcade), New Super Mario Bros. 2 (3DS) (5 Stars), Centipede (2600) (Easy), Scramble (Konami+Stern) (ARC).

User Info: Jonbodhi

Jonbodhi
1 month ago#37
Ben Reilly posted...
They do

Every company has their own calendar they use, some are similar

People arent the ones saying it ATT i.e. the parent company of WB and HBO is the one saying it as they expected a boost in subscribers that didn’t happen. Also the viewing hours and time was much lower than expected.

New Subscribers definitely matter, that’s part of the reason HBO Max conveniently dropped the free trial right before Wonder Woman dropped, but as i previously said view hours and time matters as well, the Snyder cut was much lower than anticipated in both categories.

Which shouldnt have been a surprise since MoS and BvS already showed the majority of people dont seem to like Snyder’s versions of these characters.

Which is exactly why the theatrical cut of JL failed. The average moviegoer didn’t know about the behind-the-scenes drama, just that the previews made it look like more of what they got from BvS.

If Snyder had been allowed to complete his ‘vision’ (gods am I sick of people talking about this guy’s f***ing vision!🙄) for the theatrical cut, the results would have been the same as they got with Whedon. Criticize Whedon all you like, but the failure of JL was written during opening weekend of BvS.

Ben Reilly posted...
@Toonstrack

You should definitely check it out

It’s a much better version of Justice League

It’s still flawed and has its problems, however at least it’s consistent and doesnt feel like 3 tonally different movies crammed together.

Also I will say that while watching I couldn’t help but think about moments that could have been cut due to over use of slow motion, it’s a surprising easy watch for a four hour movie. Never really dragged or felt like like it was on forever.

I’d say it dragged during all the ‘over use of slow motion.’ Someone once said that Snyder wants big, iconic moments, but doesn’t understand that you have to build towards them; he’s always trying to force it. This thing could’ve been three hours, easily, especially if they cut that horrid ‘epilogue.’

It’s worth watching for any comics fan, but it ain’t gonna change your life. While it’s far more coherent, I miss some of the human touches Whedon added, though not the corny humor, and I’ll freely admit, as someone who’s liked far more of Whedon’s output over the years than Snyder’s, some of the cuts and changes he made are downright baffling.

Metalsonic66 posted...
The last thing I want to see is MORE of that garbage Joker

The very worst part of the Snyder cut was that f***ing self-indulgent epilogue with Leto’s idiotic Joker, who talked, and talked, and talked!!!

60fps posted...
It seemed pretty clear when WB themselves said they were done with the hashtag. Ive never heard a company flatout say theyre done supporting a fan campaign.

@60fps

Do you have a link to this? Or was it just when they said the Snyder-cut was ‘a storytelling cull-de-sac,’ as one exec described it.

When Snyder fans started review-bombing Godzilla vs Kong, I said the head of the studio should have told those losers to f*** off!
Nothing is overrated; your opinion is just outnumbered: AnonymousFriend
(message deleted)

User Info: 60fps

60fps
1 month ago#39
@Jonbodhi

https://variety.com/2021/film/news/zack-snyder-justice-league-suicide-squad-ray-fisher-warnermedia-1234935580/

There’s also been a toxic side to the fandom, with reports that critics and some of your executives have received threats for not endorsing the Snyder Cut or for being perceived as standing in the way of its release. What’s your reaction to that behavior?

We’re not tolerating any of that. That behavior is reprehensible no matter what franchise you’re talking about or what business you’re talking about. It’s completely unacceptable. I’m very disappointed in the fans that have chosen to go to that negative place with regard to DC, with regard to some of our executives. It’s just disappointing because we want this to be a safe place to be. We want DC to be a fandom that feels safe and inclusive. We want people to be able to speak up for the things they love, but we don’t want it to be a culture of cancelling things that any small faction isn’t happy with. We are not about that. We are about positivity and celebration.

The campaign for #ReleaseTheSnyderCut has moved into a new phase. It’s now #RestoreTheSnyderVerse. What’s your reaction to this new campaign?

I appreciate that they love Zack’s work and we are very thankful for his many contributions to DC. We’re just so happy that he could bring his cut of the “Justice League” to life because that wasn’t in the plan until about a year ago. With that comes the completion of his trilogy. We’re very happy we’ve done this, but we’re very excited about the plans we have for all the multi-dimensional DC characters that are being developed right now.

On 4/20/21 justice was finally served!

User Info: Gibbeynator

Gibbeynator
1 month ago#40
Huh, so you're saying the only thing the Snyder Cut managed to accomplish was to embolden the fanboys? Never could have seen that coming...
It is pitch black in here, you are likely to be eaten by a Grue *CHOMP* Well... I warned him...
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Apparently the Snyder cut was a flop
  • Topic Archived