• Topic Archived
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Petition to continue the story of Marvels 1rst Black hero is making the news

User Info: 60fps

60fps
4 weeks ago#81
Enclave posted...
They need to stop too strongly attaching characters to actors. Tony Stark is a good example, killing him because the story they want to tell requires it? Cool. Killing him because Robert Downey Jr. leaves the role? That I'm not a fan of.

Yeah, I want them to finish T'Challa's story, then they can let him go if they please.
Proud survivor of the year 2020.

User Info: Ben Reilly

Ben Reilly
4 weeks ago#82
ekie posted...
I do see your point. However, the ppl that make this valid complaint about Hollywood are ignoring the variety in how africans look. Many colors.

again due to African diaspora and colonization

The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world

User Info: ekie

ekie
4 weeks ago#83
Ben Reilly posted...
again due to African diaspora and colonization

Oh, so you dont believe "pure" Africans throught history have had lighter skin?

I honestly dont know that answer
ALL HAIL LORD DUNCAN! http://imgur.com/vsYREtU.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZc3uq56JKU

User Info: videoboyjb

videoboyjb
4 weeks ago#84
Ben Reilly posted...
Mainly Due to African Diaspora

Sorry if you don’t understand that or the problems with colorism especially in Hollywood I have nothing else to say to you.

I mean, you're perpetuating colorism by dissing on lighter skinned black people and trying to claim Wakanda wouldn't have lighter skinned black people due to a lack of whites, despite the fact that neither the comics nor the movies back that claim up.

ekie posted...
I do see your point. However, the ppl that make this valid complaint about Hollywood are ignoring the variety in how africans look. Many colors.

Also, our lightskinned brothers and sisters (and all black families have some) have to eat too. There can be all shades of blackness in Wakanda. The Doras have us covered on dark skinned beauty.

Id hope Marvel would hire him based on his ability but this is the same company that covered Bosemans face on chinese posters.

The Doras are a great example because there are several of them with lighter skin.

Amandla Stenberg was one of the actresses that was up for the role of Shuri, but she dropped out because she was made to feel she wasn't "black enough."

My kid's mom is black, so she has a skin tone very similar to Rege-Jean. Her family gives her s*** all the time because she's not "black enough" and it pisses me off to no end. She also gets s*** because she sounds educated, which blows my mind even more.

*Sometimes My All-Knowing Powers Fail Me and I Know Less Than All*

User Info: TheRealKal-El

TheRealKal-El
4 weeks ago#85
Ben Reilly posted...
not only that the entire point of Wakanda is it’s supposed to be the one place where white colonization did not take place, so to have the King played by someone who literally looks like like the results of African Diaspora (due to him literally being mixed) is a problem specifically for THIS character.
Not all pure africans are ebony colored, bro.

Tons of African ethnicities are naturally lighter skinned.

Ben Reilly
4 weeks ago#86
ekie posted...
Oh, so you dont believe "pure" Africans throught history have had lighter skin?

I honestly dint know that answer

that’s not what i said

Of course there were variations in shades

But one let’s it pretend that the largest fact in the differences in shades in the real world isn’t due to colonization

Also with the history of colorism in this country regardless of if an extremely light skin Black African being possible however unlike, that’s not a good justification for that actor to play the king of a non colonized African country.

That’s how we got a history of movies about Egypt with no Black people including most recently “Gods of Egypt”
The day I met you is the day by which all others will be measured. 2/19/19 11:41 PM my baby girl entered the world

User Info: TheRealKal-El

TheRealKal-El
4 weeks ago#87
Ben Reilly posted...
That’s how we got a history of movies about Egypt with no Black people including most recently “Gods of Egypt”
But Egypt isn't black, sooo....yeah.

Ben Reilly
4 weeks ago#88
TheRealKal-El posted...

so it’s all white?

Maybe you should look up the history of Egypt and colonization

User Info: ekie

ekie
4 weeks ago#89
TheRealKal-El posted...

Certainly isnt Jennifer Love Hewitt lol

Anyway this is a good way to disrupt.

I think while Tchalla certainly shouldnt "look" white there is no harm in him not being medium to Westly snipes dark although there is value in that
ALL HAIL LORD DUNCAN! http://imgur.com/vsYREtU.jpg
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=UZc3uq56JKU

User Info: ohiostate124

ohiostate124
4 weeks ago#90
Ben Reilly posted...
that’s not what i said

Of course there were variations in shades

But one let’s it pretend that the largest fact in the differences in shades in the real world isn’t due to colonization

Also with the history of colorism in this country regardless of if an extremely light skin Black African being possible however unlike, that’s not a good justification for that actor to play the king of a non colonized African country.

Lol Boseman was in that movie
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Petition to continue the story of Marvels 1rst Black hero is making the news
  • Topic Archived