• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. what do you think the worst comic ever is SUBJECTIVELY
Marville.
Energist posted...
I mean, I don't hate him personally, but I also don't know how he's continued to get work in the entertainment industry. Especially in entertainment geared towards children, given the provocative nature of a lot of his comic book work. Not to mention the actual quality, or lack thereof, said work.

I'll take your word on She-Ra being good, but I've no inclination to check it out. Austen's involvement is just another strike against it in my book.
FWIW, aside from him being mentioned as an executive producer (and sometimes as co-showrunner), there's almost no reference online to what he actually did on the show in any articles written about it. Most focus on Noelle Stevenson (to be fair, Noelle did pitch, create, and showrun it). Noelle suffered pretty bad burnout around season 3, so Austen may have been brought in as a backup.

As an example, the official Wikipedia page has Austen's name one time (in the credits). Stevenson's comes up 24 times.

But it's legitimately one of the best animated series I've seen in a long, long time. And almost needlessly to say, it's superior to the old series in every conceivable way.
"All that is sweet was paid for, once upon a time, by principled people who risked everything to change the world for the better." -- Cory Doctorow

User Info: ohiostate124

ohiostate124
3 weeks ago#53
Its got to be Gabby’s run on America Chavez. Yikes.

User Info: EchoBaz

EchoBaz
3 weeks ago#54
Well yeah, that's pretty bad.
Unless you're loaded, save your money, and wait for sales. This isn't the 90's anymore, and most games don't become hard to find. And don't pre-order.

User Info: Energist

Energist
3 weeks ago#55
DiScOrD tHe LuNaTiC posted...
FWIW, aside from him being mentioned as an executive producer (and sometimes as co-showrunner), there's almost no reference online to what he actually did on the show in any articles written about it. Most focus on Noelle Stevenson (to be fair, Noelle did pitch, create, and showrun it). Noelle suffered pretty bad burnout around season 3, so Austen may have been brought in as a backup.

As an example, the official Wikipedia page has Austen's name one time (in the credits). Stevenson's comes up 24 times.

But it's legitimately one of the best animated series I've seen in a long, long time. And almost needlessly to say, it's superior to the old series in every conceivable way.

Very good to know. I may check it out, then.
"The urge to save humanity is almost always a false front for the urge to rule."
- H. L. Mencken

User Info: Dragolord09

Dragolord09
3 weeks ago#56
Speaking of Chavez, how was the 2011 limited series Vengeance, where she made her first appearance?

User Info: OutlawDino

OutlawDino
3 weeks ago#57
I thought Batman: Holy Terror was great. Don't understand the hate for that one.

Now personally, I was a huge fan of Spider-Man, pretty much the only Marvel title I read in the 90s. Until Maximum Carnage. 14 issues telling an awful story that should have been only 4. Over and over the same events kept happening. Carnage and crew are slauhtering dozens of people, and the heroes, for some dumb plot contrivance or another, fail to stop him. It made me drop all Spidey books until JMS took over writing.

Then OMG happened, and I droped Spider-Man again and I've never gone back. For treating one of their flagship characters in such a way, Marvel has lost my patronage.

Rant over.

Now things such as the Doom comic or Deathmate can be brought up, but no one takes them seriously. Then there are things like Cry for Justice or Amazons Attack. What the %#@& were they thinking?
"What's he point of having nukes if I can't ever use them?" - Coop
Official Deadpool of CAGN.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
3 weeks ago#58
OutlawDino posted...
I thought Batman: Holy Terror was great. Don't understand the hate for that one.
wrong holly terror

i mean the book just called holly terror no batman in title its a very very anti muslim book full of bigoted crap that paints all muslims as terrorists
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*

User Info: DPman88

DPman88
3 weeks ago#59
AceMos posted...
wrong holly terror

i mean the book just called holly terror no batman in title its a very very anti muslim book full of bigoted crap that paints all muslims as terrorists
I think he was joking there...😅
THE WIND FISH IN NAME ONLY, FOR IT IS NEITHER.

User Info: AceMos

AceMos
3 weeks ago#60
DPman88 posted...
I think he was joking there...😅
fair sarcasm is hard to spot these days thoe
3 things 1. i am female 2. i havea msucle probelm its hard for me to typ well 3.*does her janpuu dance*
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. what do you think the worst comic ever is SUBJECTIVELY
  • Post New Message