• Post New Message
You're browsing the GameFAQs Message Boards as a guest. Sign Up for free (or Log In if you already have an account) to be able to post messages, change how messages are displayed, and view media in posts.
This topic contains spoilers - you can click, tap, or highlight to reveal them
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Is it weird that I suddenly have this desire to watch the 89 Batman movie?

User Info: KaijunoKami

KaijunoKami
2 weeks ago#1
I suddenly have this desire to watch the 89 Batman movie more than I do the Nolan movies. Is that weird? I haven't watched it since The Dark Knight was about to hit theaters. Now, that is the only Batman movie I want to watch at this moment in time.
Welcome to GameFAQs, where having an opinion is a declaration of war.

User Info: 60fps

60fps
2 weeks ago#2
It's still my favorite Batman movie. I watched it last year and even made a topic after. I was blown away by how well it stood the test of time.

I even stand by it having the best fight scenes since it never looked awkward despite the cape and costume looking like they dont flex easy. They made his fighting style smooth and simple.

Anyway, i hope you enjoy it again.

2020 aka The Grim Reaper Get Down.

User Info: bith_the_black

bith_the_black
2 weeks ago#3
Well everybody is talking about Keaton again so why not. He's a great Batman. Like you could see how his Bruce Wayne would dress up like a bat and fight crime.
"When a black moon shines, Light and Dark break apart, the King of Darkness howls"

User Info: Muscle Buster

Muscle Buster
2 weeks ago#4
KaijunoKami posted...
I suddenly have this desire to watch the 89 Batman movie more than I do the Nolan movies. Is that weird? I haven't watched it since The Dark Knight was about to hit theaters. Now, that is the only Batman movie I want to watch at this moment in time.

Yes, you f***ing freak, it's so f***ing weird you want to watch the awesome 1989 Batman film. God, you should be put on a REGISTER, you demented BASTARD.

*SIIIIIGH*

No, it's not weird. Regardless of the reasons or inspiration why, as long as you enjoy it that's all that matters. Batman (1989) is an awesome movie.
Don't look at me like that, you cretin.
Dark, Ambient, Awesome. https://cryochamber.bandcamp.com/
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Dreamscissors

Dreamscissors
2 weeks ago#5
It's the 4th best Batman film but no it's not weird.
p-m

User Info: GreenGoblinOck

GreenGoblinOck
2 weeks ago#6
I don't think it's weird. But then again I grew up in the 90s watching it and Batman Returns. While I like the first 2 Nolan films, I still enjoy watching the Tim Burton ones. Now Batman Forever and Batman and Robin I never cared for as much. Though if WB hadn't decided to change the tone of the movies after Batman Returns years ago, we may not have even gotten the Nolan films.

Edit: Forgot to mention how annoying it was on imdb a few years ago to see so many Nolan fans expressing complete hatred for the Burton films and insisting they weren't based off the comics because Batman doesn't kill they say. Which just made them ignorant since it was based off the original late 30s and early 40s comics where Batman killed people. The scene where Jack Napier gets dropped into a vat of chemicals is based off the first Batman comic ever made where a similar thing happens.

Also saying Batman doesn't kill while defending the Nolan movies is pretty dumb since as far as I'm concerned intentionally not saving someone from certain death is the same thing as murder. And I'm pretty sure there are some people in authority who would agree with me.
My cousin: I didn't like Terminator 2. It didn't have good character development.
My brother: Oh! V for Vendetta didn't have good character development!
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: tommybel89

tommybel89
2 weeks ago#7
I watched it again around a month ago. It's not smooth as I remembered but it's still badass in its own way. The Tim Burton aesthetic and Jack Nicholson really save that movie's ass.
Go Leafs Go
http://www.last.fm/user/Disposableher0
(edited 2 weeks ago)

KaijunoKami
2 weeks ago#8
Dreamscissors posted...
It's the 4th best Batman film but no it's not weird.

4th best? What is the third? I'm guessing The Dark Knight and Begins are one and two.
(edited 2 weeks ago)

User Info: Barber102

Barber102
2 weeks ago#9
89 and returns are the best batman movies, the dark knight was a joker movie, christian bale was terrible, heath ledger carried that trilogy.
You're huffing glue again, aren't you?

KaijunoKami
2 weeks ago#10
Barber102 posted...
89 and returns are the best batman movies, the dark knight was a joker movie, christian bale was terrible, heath ledger carried that trilogy.

How can Heath carry a trilogy? He was only in one movie. Plus, I'm pretty sure the social commentary The Dark Knight raised was more than just Heath. Bale was a fine Bruce Wayne.
  1. Boards
  2. Comics and Graphic Novels
  3. Is it weird that I suddenly have this desire to watch the 89 Batman movie?
  • Post New Message